Why can't we all come to a conclusion? is animal collective good or hot garbage?

Why can't we all come to a conclusion? is animal collective good or hot garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11030223
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some people don't like them but they are good

>conclusion
No conclusion will ever be reached because some people like them and some people don't for a myriad of reasons. There's no right answer

That said, I like them

Literally one of the best bands ever.

Centipede Hz and Painting With are still amazing and it just goes to show how good they are when they're considered their worst albums.

Probably the most overrated band to ever record. Complete and utter uncreative shit. I cannot put into words how much I hate this band.

garbage

They're overrated. More than 10 threads minimum about the damn band each day.

They're great

Great stuff

the mere fact that they get spammed and shilled endlessly even for their most accessible records prove their worth

I cannot put into words how much I love this band.

Yeah no
Most Sup Forumstants are retards who listen to retard music

They are a lot of things but uncreative is not one of them

even though literally all the most memed and spammed artists on here are critically acclaimed by all respectable music outlets

Uh they actually are uncreative imo

No music outlet is respectable
Form your own opinion. Pitchfork shills for mediocrity and couldn't identify greatness if it was shoved up their faggot asses. Their journalists are the type that would pan The Velvet Underground & Nico and Trout Mask Replica if they had lived in the 60s, while praising yet another psychedelic pop group nobody gives a shit about anymore

ok but if we measure an artist's worth by general consensus then all Sup Forumscore bands are great

strawpoll.me/11030223
strawpoll.me/11030223
strawpoll.me/11030223

finish this meme

Yeah but that's a stupid way to measure an artist's worth.
Also In The Court of the Crimson King and prog in general was panned by most respectable critics when it was around.

And the consensus changes all the time. The bands that are Sup Forumscore are the bands that indie outlets love and are influential on indie bands. The narrative will change when the indie aesthetic dies and the media will start overrating other bands and albums.

they are good hot garbage

I like them, and don't think they are overrated, but there are way way to many threads about them everyday.

It's just part of the reason so many people vehemently hate them

True but when someone says that any of them are shit it's usually a reaction to the fanbase rather than the band

Yeah but you're just the opposite spectrum as it seems. It sounds like you hate them just because they get praise, though I'm sure that isn't the case.

What is it about them you hate so much

different people like different things. It would be hard to argue that they aren't one of the more unique and different bands though. Most of their albums have a very distinct and changing sound so there is something for most people to enjoy even if it's just one album or a few songs.

albums like HCTI and spirit definitely are unique though

Have you listened to more than one of their albums? Painting With does not count

Well your opinion is factually wrong.

Animal Collective, often imitated, never emulated.

Animal Collective's music is in, for me, a category of nominally "experimental" music that doesn't show an ounce of creativity or inspiration.

Psychedelia revival, noise, freak folk, they're all trendy indie sounds that weren't actually very inherently interesting ideas. And Animal Collective mashes ideas together in the worst possible way, with no finesse, cohesion, or insight. They have no sense of purpose, they just exist to stack sound effects on top of mediocre songs.

That copypasta that's often mocked here is actually spot-on. AnCo is like an 8th grader beating me over the head with their finger painting, or worse yet, their poetry. Animal Collective may not sound like any other band, but any cookie-cutter indie hipster persistent enough could have made music in exactly the same vein. A great band is founded on new, unique but still simple musical and attitudinal ideas. AnCo is a group who took the surface level elements of avant-garde music and decided that *that* was what being experimental was about.

Why is your pic related even considered an AnCo album?

trips don't lie

It's funny you say this becuase they specifically stay away from the term experimental and avant-garde because they don't feel they're in the same vein as bands like CAN or Tangerine Dream or Captain Beefheart. It's a label that their fanbase attaches to them generally or people who aren't really knowledgeable about their music.

I totally disagree with you though. You're essentially saying they're try hards who focus on making off the wall music for the sake of being off the wall. I'm pretty sure these things come to them naturally. They left their college music studies because their professors constantly mocked them and said they would go nowhere musically because they played unconventionally. To say they're sitting they're bashing you over the head with this idea of "HEY LOOK HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE" is so far off base. They make what they enjoy, what they want to at the time, they certainly aren't pandering to any certain crowd of aesthetic, or any idea of being an avant-garde or experimental band. They generally refer to themselves as a pop band these days. I don't think anyone is trying to argue they're the hottest avant-garde/experimental act in the history of mankind. They certainly are by no means "hot garbage" though.

Because it's the first release featuring Avey Tare AND Panda Bear as a duo, even if it is solely written by Avey? Sure it was originally going to be a solo album, but from getting Panda involved a beautiful band came to be.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SHITOLA

>death grips is the best band ever though!

>imblying

I think the flood of AnCo threads stems from newer fans who got into them when Painting With was coming out. They do have ALOT of material so yea, the new fans have alot to catch up on and alot of opinions to express

I think they're great desu

They're literally genius' IMO. But hey, I've been an AnCo fanboy for almost 10 years now so that's my bias.

That being said, Centi Hz and Painting w/ really hurt my heart.

You'll get over it.

they're okay

I still think Hz is a buncha steamy shit but hey