I can't find a essential list for this whole garage rock revival thing that happened

I can't find a essential list for this whole garage rock revival thing that happened
Bands like Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Black Lips, Jay Reatard, No Age, etc.

Let's make a chart together, what are the best releases from this scene?

First off Thee Oh Sees - mutilator defeated at last.

Got you senpai. If this thread doesn't die, I can whip up one that'll be pretty close to essential garage rock.

my main problem is never knowing what classifies as garage punk/rock

does this count, because it should be on there if so

Shit my dude. That's totally garage rock since it's Wavves. I was thinking probably Afraid of Heights or maybe King of the Beach instead.

And to answer your question, usually a fuzzy sound and simple guitar riffs with lo-fi production makes whatever a garage record. There's different subgenres and whatever, but usually that's how you can tell what's what.

I much prefer the earlier Wavves sound, Afraid of Heights and King of the Beach are too poppy I find.

Also, need to throw some No Age on there, but I can't decide which album at all.

Well I always found the early Wavves stuff to be a little too muddled and the production not quite there. King of the Beach had that perfect amount of grit with nice pop hooks that a good garage record needs.

Jay Reatard - Blood Visions
FIDLAR - S/T

off the top of my head

Haven't heard Mutilator Defeated At Last, so can't comment, but I can swap out Carrion Crawler

we gettin' any King Khan up in this bitch???

oh shit and this

Yeah I kinda went the same direction with mine.

Teengenerate get action is god tier
I wish I understood japanese though

ty segall band -slaughterhouse is good garage rock imo

btw pls add op

maybe some King Gizzard?

and pic related is prettty heavy, but pretty rad

Wand - Ganglion Reef is heavy and great. They were on KEXP recently too

Man that Fuzz album is great, but it's also Ty Segall. That dude basically runs this genre. Would you want two albums by the same person on a chart?

Also, which King Gizzard album were you thinking? Maybe the first one or Nonagon Infinity? They seem to be the heaviest and the more garage ones.

>garage rock revival
>essential

Pick one.

I think their most "garage-y" is In Your Mind Fuzz. Just my opinion.

golem was fucking SICK

Never realised it was Segall at all.

I was thinking Nonagon

I second nonagon. Fucking amazing album, have been loving it everyday since it came out.

If we really wanted to go in depth here we could separate the chart into different sub genres: garage punk, fuzz metal, psyche rock, etc.

we must crawl before we can walk

no age isnt garage revival

I pick your mom

and noisy stuff?

Mikal Cronin

all that Aussie stuff going on right now, most of it I wouldn't call essential though.

you still around schween? how's the chart looking?

i ate it
im sorry

>wavves
does Sup Forums really support commies?

This never gets any love

threw this together
what needs adding
what needs removing