wtf

I love Unwound but they arent better than Pavement dude

pavement

DELETE THIS

12 rods

Billy is still complaining about Pavement

tool

Guided by Voices

Spiritualized, Kingston Wall, Ozric, pretty much everyone from the 90s space rock renaissance. I never understood the appeal of Pavement, boring as fuck.

Built to Spill

Fishmans

Nirvana

Slint

given that gbv are the best 90s band this is a pretty good answer

This nigga gets it
>that Propeller to Bee Thousand streak

>not propeller to under the bushes under the stars

Hum
Sunny Day Real Estate

Alien Lanes and Under the Bushes are pretty much hit and miss, but Propeller and Bee Thousand are just perfect

Also pumpkins, duster, modest mouse but pavement is still good

but alien lanes is their best album :^)

Prove me wrong

The Jesus Lizard

Pavenent is beige-ass boring shit.

to elaborate

absolutely nothing about Pavement is especially strong or stands out; guitar is just kinda there, drums are just kinda there, bass could disappear without incident, vocal melodies are largely forgettable. The songwriting as a whole is jist really bland and forgettable, and the band is basically only notable for pioneering that "it's good background noise I guess" brand of unremarkable indie rock

everyone in the Jesus Lizard was borderline virtuosic at their instrument while never delving into mindless wankery, and each brought a style of playing completely and wholely unique to not only them but specifically their time in that band. Nobody sounds Duane Denison, David Sims, Mac McNeilly, or ESPECIALLY David Yow (it's incredibly easy to tell when someone is copying him and exactly 0 people have actually done it well), and nobody sounds like or ever will sound like The Jesus Lizard. A million fucking douchebag suburb-raised college kids sound like Pavement.

the beatles

Nice opinions bro you really won me over

They formed in the 80s, but both their 90s albums are great

I listened to these guys once but it just seemed like a watered down Dinosaur Jr. Should I give them another listen

stereolab

Saint Etienne

Try Wowee Zowee, but I think Dinosaur Jr is the better band.

pavement and dinosaur jr dont even sound alike wtf

Idk it just seemed to me they were just going along with the same thing Dinosaur Jr. and Hums and similar bands were doing but without really good songwriting. But then again, that was just one listen a while ago. I could very well be wrong

*Hum

man or astroman > pavement

you continue to live up to your name

Fugazi.

Pavement a shit

3 out 4 contribute nothing

lol Jawbreaker

pavement is okay but i mean i can only take so much christmas music

Stephen Malkmus is a great songwriter. what the fuck are your problem?

>But then again, that was just one listen a while ago. I could very well be wrong
Don't get butthurt that I wasn't blown away upon first listen

Soul Coughing

also cap'n jazz

:^)

is that concentration camp footage?

Godspeed released their debut LP and the Slow Riot EP in the 90s. Nothing else even comes close. Fuck that lazy ass Lofi tripe, that shit is easy to do and responsible for the downfall of indie music. Making powerful cinematic post-rock actually takes skill.