The Avalanches

Who is most like The Avalanches? I just got some of my best friends into them and I want to show them stuff like them!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qWV2kM1laIc
amherstisgood.bandcamp.com/track/new-whip
youtube.com/watch?v=mYtODUd8sd4
youtube.com/watch?v=WtMKMAB31mw
youtube.com/watch?v=F7bKe_Zgk4o
youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jib kidder. Listen to Steal Guitars

The Go Team has some stuff that sounds pretty heavily inspired by them

can anyone tell me what instrument is being used at 1:45 in Harmony?

pls.

Not really. Nothing is like them. However, Daft Punk's Discovery is almost always considered a much better attempt at the sound that The Avalanches was trying to make.

>almost always considered a much better attempt at the sound

O i am laffin

Jingle bells? Flute? I don't hear any discernible instrument change at 1:45 but slightly afterwards I can hear those. What are you referring to?

nice b9

Daft Punk > Avalanches

Plunderphonics albums, 2manydjs, KLF. I saw a flowchart of the avalanches that suggested mano negra, as an alternative. In that they jump from sound to sound and language to language in every song I guess.

the Books

>shit > shit
Thanks for telling us faggot

SILY is so much better than Discovery that it's almost unbelievable someone holds this terrible opinion.

Right, because the tron album, and worst yet the remix of that album,and even worst the collab with pitbull make them better . Okay.

daddy?

Yeah, but they have homework and discovery. The Avalanches only have two albums that are just ok. Also

>Frankie Sinatra

>avalanches is shit
>daft punk is shit

shit what do i listen to now

Mannn why does everyone love this mashup music bullshit

This one's pretty good, but it ain't no Avalanches

>I saw a flowchart of the avalanches that suggested mano negra, as an alternative.

How the fuck is this anything close to The Avalanches?

youtube.com/watch?v=qWV2kM1laIc

I know it's just like dee dee dee I can do it it's so unoriginal I mean they just take music that isn't theres fucking weird right geez

damn, she thicc

Dilla

/thrade

The avalanches also have eps, and their mixes . You naming those may say something but it doesn't change the fact that it put a dent in their work and they had to come out with something that radio poppy. Only bad song from that one is get lucky the rest are okay. As for Frankie sanatra. The video is shit. But the song is alright and every retard calling it electro swing hasn't listened to Balkan music or latin American rap because they've been using that sound for years.

Anyone else remember this "leak"?

Did you really had to ruin a fine thread like this?

In that they are all over the place I guess? I question the OP that made it on that too but he didn't respond either.

amherstisgood.bandcamp.com/track/new-whip

It's not such a bad song

This

check out DJ Day

youtube.com/watch?v=mYtODUd8sd4

also this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=WtMKMAB31mw

Girl Talk sort of

this

this guy

this has a similar feel despite a quite different sound

They're kinda Boards of Canada-ish

Which I should say is a pretty good band if you want that electronic nostalgia feel. It's at a slower pace but it's not dead white noise ambient-garbage, it's pretty damn good. Listen to this

youtube.com/watch?v=F7bKe_Zgk4o

and

youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ

I forgot about this! I love the Avalanches and I remember downloading this album and listening to a little bit of it. I loved it but for some reason didn't listen to it entirely -- maybe I wasn't in the best environment. I'm checking my Google Music library to listen to that right now. It's straight up plunderphonics, which by the way is what The Avalanches are for those wondering.

Also, no, Frankie Sinatra wasn't electro swing. The Avalanches is not electro swing.

POGO is very much like The Avalanches by the way. Check out any kind of their music on YouTube.. all of them are good.

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
RJD2 - Since We Last Spoke
Propellerheads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll
UNKLE - Psyence Fiction
Coldcut - Let Us Play
Mr Scruff - Keep It Unreal
Money Mark - Push The Button
Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People
Nightmares On Wax - Carboot Soul
Blockhead - The Music Scene
Rae & Christian - Sleepwalking
Aim - Cold Water Music