Why did she become such a recluse after 1994?

Why did she become such a recluse after 1994?

Was she just trying to keep her 'creepy witch' persona alive by hiding from everyone?
Everything she did after that was weird and phobic-like, as if she developed some fear of fame.

Even her recent concerts in London were surrounded by mystery and there is not one single video from it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGjP_nHNkR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She had a kid and she decided she'd rather be a good Mom than continue being a pop culture figure.

She just wanted to smoke weed and get fat. And she did exactly that.

She actually died and reincarnated as Annie Clark

She died and reincarnated without talent

Talk about a downgrade

50 Words for Snow is ridiculously tacky and boring, but Aerial is kinda good

Kinda good = bad

She had a family.

So you know what you need to do if you want her back.

I mean, she had a family and became a recluse housewife? Sounds kinda weird for a woman who seemed so ambitious in the 80s.
But judging from how much weight she put on, it probably had something to do with her being sick of having to keep up the image of the mystic, sensual diva.

This is why all musicians should kill themselves at 30

Or not be the product of centuries of English inbreeding.

could be much worse

Or you should just stop caring about how people look, her work is still there and it is not tainted by her looks. Dying at a young age is just a meme for teenagers that think that their appearence is everything.
Nowadays St. Vincent, Julia Holter and Joanna Newsom are in their 30s and still looking quite good, although their latest albums have probably been the worst albums in yheir respective discographies t b h

why did divers have to be so underwhelming ;-;

Why do people associate English with inbreeding? It's not like Continental Europe was better.

meant to post this image

She went on to become my wife.

You're in your 30's aren't you?

new st vincent was the only interesting st vincent so far

Early twenties
Strange Mercy, Actor and Marry Me are much more developed, complex and in the case of Marry Me also much more diverse.

I think that 50 Words for Snow and Aerial are her best albums other than perhaps Hounds of Love. The first three songs on 50 Words and the second CD of Aerial are my favourites.

youtube.com/watch?v=BGjP_nHNkR4

Aerial is great, I don't know why people have such a problem with it. Maybe because it's a double album. 50 Words For Snow is also good but kind of layers on the cheese a bit too much at times. I hope she makes a new album at some point.

i think rolf harris' contribution has tainted the album t b h

Kek

how dare you he keeps my paint dry

I don't think 50 Words for Snow is any more corny than her other albums. There's always been a little bit of that in her music.

i dont think it effects her legacy

That collab with Elton John, though... ew.

rude

Truth hurts

lies are worse