Live in the now

If this board existed in the 60s you wouldn't be talking about Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Lou Reed, The Beach Boys or Bob Dylan. You'd all be talking about big band and crooners.

Just as now, you aren't talking about the cutting edge electronic artists, the true pioneers and best artists of the 2000/10s, you are still talking about outdated rock.

just like rock killed off big band except for those who couldn't let it go and lived in the past, electronic music killed off rock except for those who still listen to it and can't let it go.

Rock fans today are the Frank Sinatra fans of the 60s who ignored and dismissed all rock as a talentless fad.

"ok"

clueless

Yeah this board really is

>electronic artists, the true pioneers and best artists of the 2000/10s
So who are they then? Hmm?

>

Kanye West and Drake are the pioneers? Fuck off you silly lol

I'm seeing more threads about current music at the top of the catalog than non-modern.

Other than being hip, what's the benefit of listening to current music anyhow?

Kanye > Zappa

So OP is another one of these hiphop naggers who have never even played a real instrument.
Move on everyone.

Yeah inorite, real music died in the 60s, disco was the nail in the coffin

>real instrument

Grandad, pls

I listen to contemporary rock and metal. You think rock has died and that it's "a 60's thing" when it clearly isn't.
By the way hip hop was better in the late 70's. You listen to horrible shit.

I never said anything about the quality of music and I'd be asking the same question if I was in a hippie debate in the 60s. I'd do the same in a room full of people who knew how to pull off fedoras in the 40s too.

I'll ask again, other than being hip what's the benefit of listening to modern music?

Interesting new ideas, groundbreaking technology used in contemporary styling to produce amazing new music by artists with new approaches, sounds and production.

And since I'm not a musician who would worry about implementing any of that into my music, that has no benefit to me whatsoever.

I didn't say rock was a 60s thing, lrn2read

>cutting edge electronic artists, the true pioneers and best artists of the 2000/10s
Like who exactly?

It's funny, you never see these critiques of literature fans reading Shakespeare instead of some modern playwright, of comics readers going back to Eisner instead of something by Brian K. Vaughan, of film students revering Buster Keaton, it's only music fans who care if others are listening to modern pieces from their art style.

>Interesting new ideas.
These "new ideas", from what I've heard of them, aren't musically interesting in the slightest.
>Groundbreaking technology
Going to waste...
>Amazing new music by artists with new approaches
*cricket noises

So why waste time with rock. Only classical matters.

Slightly off-topic, looking at that picture I have to wonder...

Is it me or has 60s music in general (from all styles, not just rock) aged better than most other forms of media released in the same timespan?

a lot of my favorite movies are from the 60's

It should be pointed out that you're bound to find all of these things in older music that isn't famous if you look hard enough.

Rock fans are the AAAHHHHHHHHHH

>Just as now, you aren't talking about the cutting edge electronic artists
So who would you say they are?

Also
>Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Lou Reed, The Beach Boys or Bob Dylan
>Implying they were cutting edge

In 50 years kids on Sup Forums will look back to now and talk about electronic music just like they do now with rock from 50 years ago, through approved magazine top lists.

>you aren't talking about the cutting edge electronic artists
>proceeds to point to a Sup Forums thread talking about said artists

s t a l e

That what the hip kids on Sup Forums already do. Most of the modern albums talked about on here are either rym or p4k approved.

Both me btw

Yeah that was the point. Just electronic music instead of string music.

Are you serious? The Beatles and The Beach Boys, in the studio, were very cutting edge.

You realize by definition that "obscure" means "people don't know about it", right?

Try having a conversation about an artist people on here don't know about—it won't work. Why? Because that's how social circles ARE. How would you have a conversation about a band you don't even know about? There are threads on here meant to introduce people to music they don't know, and I've found some great albums through that—but complaining about the fact that people on here talk about albums that aren't obscure enough seems a little dense.

I'm bumping this again since most of the people on Sup Forums aren't musicians either. What benefit does listening to modern music have other than giving me a better chance of getting laid with some chick at a concert or looking cool when friends are in my car listening to my music?

Go home soundboy
Go home to ur nana

I wasn't complaining, simply bringing up a fact.

What benefit does old music have instead?

It doesn't. I never argued that it did. Art as a whole doesn't have much of a benefit to people who aren't involved in it as a whole.

That's irrelevant to my point though, since I'm addressing you critiquing Sup Forumstants for not listening to music that's currently released. You're the one telling me to listen to modern music. Give me a reason that's more substantial than "it'll make me popular".

Though you could argue that for the most part the classics of older music have for the most part already been weeded out, therefore it's easier to find the good stuff than in modern music.

No one said you should, listen to whatever you like matey. You are just one person.

Doesn't change the fact that electronic today is what rock was to the 60s and rock has become what became of big band and crooners.

are you autistic

>"hey have you heard this album"
>"no I haven't" (its obscure)
>listen to it
>"wow that was cool, now we can discuss this album"

because someone might write a great song

And when they do write a good song I'll listen to it. No-one has done so yet though.

>Frank Sinatra

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

BORN