There are people on mu who unironically like these albums and act like they have a better taste than a top 40 listener

>There are people on mu who unironically like these albums and act like they have a better taste than a top 40 listener

>There are people on mu who unironically think DSOTM is awful and are really so bad at listening to music/picking up subtleties in it that one wonders how they can even call themselves a music fan

Don't talk shit about Pink Floyd.

as much as i dont care about pink floyd i think it shouldnt be on the chart

Agreed except DSOTM
It's a decent album

Why can't I like Plastic Beach, Blue Album, DSOTM, and still listen to Faust, The Magnetic Fields and Mucore stuff? Music is subjective, I can take what I want away from more shallow work and still absorb more nuanced albums. Sorry you can't.

>There is people on Sup Forums who thinks their opinions on taste are fact

I like Currents, Dark Side, and Plastic Beach

Come at me

>The Magnetic Fields and Mucore stuff
these are still basic as hell btw

That's not even Weezer's worst album

Yeah they came to mind. Sorry I don't immediately recall Oiseau-Tempete or Nissenmondai or some other obscure thing you particularly feel is exit level.

>Oiseau-Tempete or Nissenmondai or some other obscure thing
>post rock
>noise rock
>exit level
also
>obscure
please read the op's text

only syd stuff is good

it's not that it's popular, it's that magnetic fields and most mucore have no nuance or intricacy or even relatively interesting compositions. only the most shallow listeners would cite them as examples of nuance in music.

i like plastic beach, blue and black parade haha

I'm making a point not recing you ablums, Jesus Christ. What do you listen to? Harsh noise played backwards over proto-punk fusion nightcore mixes?

>hence, reported
this isn't reddit friend

listen to things outside rock music for once, christ

There are people on Sup Forums right now that think that having a wide taste is bad

I mention 3 albums and you know my entire collection? I listen to literally ever genre I come across. What makes you so special? You heard Madvillainy once? You know about Nana?

bitch ass btfo

>people triggered by OP, part 1321651616

just listen to beethoven already you fucking nerd

Nice dodge.
I prefer Pierne.

I don't know why I put DSOTM here. Sure it's not half as good as the stuff they put out with Syd Barrett but it's an ok album
Plebs seem to worship it for some reason though

Why the fuck is blurryface in that list?
I do believe that it is one of the best of 2015.

I don't really give a shit about having better taste than anyone but whatever.

DSOTM is by all metrics a legendary album and there is no reason to put it amongst those other than pure contrarianism.

The Vampire Weekend s/t is a solid indie pop album though the two followup are better.

I don't really care for anything else on the chart but thats fine if someone does. These kind of threads are so fucking useless.

But Blurryface is great OP

what if i like these and whatever you like, too?
i mean it should go without saying that liking things > not

I wouldn't say great but it has some enjoyable moments

Amercian Idiot and The Black Parade are legendary too, and so are Gorillaz, you know?

their best, in fact

Top 40 has had some good stuff. Early 2010s the radio was painful but now whenever I listen there is usually something competent on. You just sound like yet ANOTHER insecure fucktard.

no. not really.

eh i guess DSOTM had more time to stack hype than anything else in the op so it's a little unfair too

DSOTM did more to affect the musical and cultural landscape within one year of its release than anything else on that chart has done since their release. It's not a fair comparison at all, but it has nothing to do with time.

You must be at least 18 years old to use this site

I know, why are you here?

Most of these albums came out 10-20 years ago or more. Teenagers listen to things a little more current.

>most probably too young to have experienced the impact MCR or Gorillaz had, but read a rym review or youtube comment saying teenagers like them

>for some reason

you can't really be this sheltered and/or contrarian. sure, it's not technically their best work, but it was most people's first introduction to proper use of an album format in a conceptual setting

I agree, why point out a rule you're breaking yourself? Only underages, in fact, believe there's anything "immature" about listening to literally any kind of music, save LITERAL children's music.

Someone's missing out on some killer wiggles compilations.