Can we find solidarity in knowing that this is the most overrated album ever?

Please, Sup Forums?

I thought it was OKC

Nobody said it was bad. It's definitely one of the best rock albums, but it's INSANELY over exposed. 16 years old thinking they're unique has a lot to do with it

In all seriousness, this album is objectively spectacular in content. The only reason why an average autist in Sup Forums would dislike it is because of it's well deserved success and acclaim.

Original-potser, here. I liked it, but it is still the most over-rated album of all time.

Can we all find solidarity in knowing that Richard wright I the best songwriter in pink Floyd? Great gig I'm the sky, summer 68 the list goes on

It's overrated the same way that Casablanca is for movies. They both had such an influence on their respective art forms that they can't be fairly evaluated without comparing the state of the art before they came out, and afterwards.

Well said

Wish you were here is my favourite followed by the wall

I only like covers of dark side like the reggae one

these

Fuck you, I liked it.

Hated the album. Wall is their best. Money a good track tho

No, it deserves its praise and it's a really influential recording, bringing art-rock into the mainstream.

How can you even say that when the general public shits themselves over Beyonce?

this is a no pleb zone

I liked the album, but Money is a piece of shit.

it could certainly be called over-rated in the sense that it is very over-exposed and talked about, with hundreds of 14-year-olds just getting into music citing it as the single greatest achievement in music (and i should know because i was one of those dorks). and of course people annoyed with these kids will think less of the album in return.

but i do think it is a genuinely well-written, well-produced, and altogether fantastic album (and a big influencer on music afterwards), and certainly something that should be checked out by anyone interested in art-rock.

(no idea why people call it prog-rock though. unless you think alarm clock sound effects and a 7/8 time signature make an album prog-rock.)

your post is cringe

"yeah, i think the album is amazing but i have to pretend to distance myself from it for appearance"

this is the most disgusting post i've ever seen

I would agree with you on that, but Syd Barrett was also in Pink Floyd

>pink floyd aren't prog
oh boy this meme again

DSotM isn't really prog rock desu

Not a fan of his contribution, honestly. My favorite period of theirs is after Piper up to dark side.

what is it then? space pop smooth jazz soul with alarm clocks?

psych rock

It's at the opposite of the spectrum

while they made lots of prog rock in the early 70s (and WYWH and Animals) DSoTH and The Wall really aren't prog rock. the former is smooth, spacey art-rock, the latter is roger waters 'muh fame depression' rock opera

but yeah, i agree, aside from those and other shittier albums that don't exist, pink floyd is by-and-large a prog band.

what spectrum

fuck off i cant be bothered to talk anymore i donT even FUCKING CARE

the autism spectrum, i guess

JUST FUCK OFF i dont even like pink floyd that much

this spectrum

ayy

Hahahah holy shit end my fucking life

Find any other album that has been in the Billboard Top 200 for over 900 weeks OP and I may agree with you. BTW that is 8 years that album has been in the top 200 with it charting as high as 13 only 2 years ago. No that album is not over rated. Is critically acclaimed. Its the album that holds the record for the longest time spent in the Billboard 200. It has sold 45,000,000 copies.

>falling for the 'more records sold = better' meme

this had better be a pasta
i mean i really like the album but c'mon.

Is the Billboard top 200 the metric on which you base what music is good and what music isnt?

(not true, by the way)

is the cover art about converting someone to a homosexual

oh shit

Yes, of course it's a concept album about mental illness.

Why would facts bother you..IF critical acclaim is all you hold dear here and i challenge you to find a bad review of that album by a major publication or respected critical source. (yes its wikipedia)
AllMusic 5/5 stars[66]
Billboard 5/5 stars[67]
Christgau's Record Guide B[68]
Encyclopedia of Popular Music 5/5 stars[69]
MusicHound Rock 5/5[70]
NME 8/10[71]
Q 4/5 stars[72]
The Rolling Stone Album Guide 5/5 stars[73]

>Wall is their best
No. The entirety of Dark Side blows The Wall out of the water.

What part is not true?

>most overrated album ever?

Why the fuck did Dark Side of the Moon sell so fucking much? I love the album, but it has like ZERO normie appeal to it. It isn't catchy, poppy, or very accessible in my opinion. A lot of the music in it is very ambient or very artistic.

Nah this is

weed

it is very accessible

especially Time, Money, Breathe, and Brain Damage

>tfw no one ever talks about the monumental achievement that was Echoes

I mean, I guess it is accesible -- but it doesn't SEEM like it. A lot of it is just progressive rock in a nutshell and just sounds like more obscure stuff.
Echoes is probably my 2nd favorite track by them

It was the 70's It did have Normie appeal. FM rock was very popular at the time. Trust me on this. I was 12 years old in 1973. Rock Music was the most popular genre at the time and people actually paid for what they liked. Piracy of any sort was practically non existent aside from a few bootleg live recordings.

i believe you, but just listening just doesn't seem like it would be such a huge hit. Pink floyd must've been so damn surprised

dubs of truth

because for Sup Forums, overrated means being popular in reddit/youtube comments/rym/tumblr.
Sup Forums is so retarded and contrarian that they end up liking what the pleb masses like (hip hop, edm, pop)

Money is in 7/4

Syd Barrett's stuff is underrated. But I have a feeling that destroying your mind through LSD is the next big thing for tweens.

That's not Loveless

>Atom Heart Mother will never get the love it deserves

This

Only classical is patrician

synths were 'prog' in the 70s

It's a good album but it is overrated as fuck though.

Just listening to it for the first time right now and it's SUPER boring. Not bad, pretty easy listening, but I don't remember any of it so far, not even Money.

i hope someone feeds you polonium

id argue that some of the beatles stuff is more overrated though this is also overrated but still good

>DSOTM
>Listening to it for the first time
>2016

Hello summer

Atom Heart Mother is brilliant. One of their best.

Sup Forums will call anything pretentious, but if there is anything that deserves that tittle it is DSotM. It is a concept album about Life AND mental illness, and the execution of that incredibly wide and challenging concept comes alive with things like On the Run, one of the most boring things PF ever recorded, and Any Color You Like, a gratuitous, meaningless, and selfindulgent piece. We are still supposed to praise it just because there is this cheesy sax and cheesy gospel-ish singer.

There is no MUSICAL depth to it, all sonical references (field recordings or harmonies) are extremely cliche. Still there is this user asking how it sold so well. Of course it did. It was the American Beauty of music, referencing everything, while actually not thinking on anything, giving young minds a contemporary piece to call themselves intellectuals.

All of it feels so blatantly phony.

Suck my dick m8, I've been here for a while I've just never listened to any Floyd. And for good reason, cause they're OVERRATED.

jesus fucking christ Sup Forums will never cease to amuse me

the autism spectrum

Everything that sounds nice is shit but everything that you think sounds like ass is actually a masterpiece that's just subverting it's audience

Sup Forumss version of reddits Queen

So you let anonymous people on Sup Forums dictate whether you'll listen to an artist or not? Dsotm is pretty boring though apart from 'any color you like' you should check out meddle. Its a better album and it has echoes