Let's talk about buttrock

Let's talk about buttrock.

Sure pic related and Foo Fighters or RHCP aren't really doing anything particularly unbelievable or groundbreaking, just like Queen or AC/DC. But the music does have value. In a bar or any social situation anyone would rather hear Everlong or Shook Me All Night Long rather than GY!BE (which isn't even really obscure) or Trout Mask Replica. It gets people's foot tapping (including your own) and helps every have a good time. It's just fun music. And there's something to be said about that, even if it's not bending the genre.

Thoughts Sup Forums?

I legitimately have no idea what the fuck you're even talking about.

fun post dude really enjoyed listening to it

Why is /r/music doing this to us?

You're wrong, there's plenty of pop, folk rock, punk, indie, hip hop, and hardcore music that I can sing along to or tap my foot to and also recognize as experimental or interesting in its own rite. Foo Fighters and RHCP are uninspired shit and I would honestly rather listen to fucking 21Pilots because even in they're infinite pretension they're at least pretending to be making something emotional or noteworthy.

arguably, trout mask replica and ESPIECALLY godspeed aren't and or haven't done anything particularly groundbreaking OR unbelievable TO BE HONEST

>I would honestly rather listen to fucking 21Pilots
Ugh, not even as a joke man...

>RHCP are uninspired shit
"I never listened to anything before BSSM"

Okay dad

So you think they got worse with BSSM on?

Interesting because that's around when Frusciante joined, but he's much better than RHCP as a solo artist.

>liking a genre only because it's catchy, recognizable to others and considered "fun"
It's funny that I get this from other fans of other butt rock, but they hate pop because it's too mainstream. The irony.

I unironically like RHCP

Yes but rehashing ideas isnt a good thing either from a musicality standpoint

BSSM is like the beginning of RHCP doing interesting shit, the albums before that are a joke

RHCP started sucking at Californication

source: old man

RHCP s/t and Uplift Mofo Party Plan rank among my favorite rock albums ever.

You don't know shit, old man.

btw one hot minute is the best rhcp album and Navarro > Frusciante

I like John Frusciante.
[spoiler]a lot.[/spoiler]

this

Nu-males pls go

Foo Fighters have some legitimately great songs but their debut is their only "good" album

Freaky Styley best RHCP album.

I think there's a lot of music that is just as easily accessible while still having artistic value. It's not like you have to either listen to post-rock or buttrock you can just put on a good and fun record.

RHCP, AC/DC, Queen and Foo Fighters aren't buttrock. Buttrock is a very specific term that refers to that very specific sound of post-grunge and nu metal that existed in the late 90s and early 00s; bands like Creed, Staind, Saliva, 3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace, Days of the New, Theory of A Deadman, etc.