Prediction

It will review like To Pimp a Butterfly with like a 96 metacritic rating.

Its reception and legacy on Sup Forums will be exactly like those of To Pimp a Butterfly as well.

agreed

I predict I won't give a fuck

Nah
It's fucking great but it's a pleb filter as far as public reception goes, watch retards hate it after melonhead gives it a 5

if something isnt liked by the general public it doesnt mean that it wont be by critics and Sup Forums, which is what op is predicting. besides i reckon this one will be a grower for most people. thats what i predict.

I haven't heard it or any Kendrick album and I already hate it and you.

>There is people on Sup Forums who actually care about critics opinions

it will get a 10 on pitchfork

this

>black
>gay
>music that appeals to the "indie" crowd by being "experimental" and a little edgy but not actually daring enough to push boundaries in a way that would alienate normies/plebs
>they haven't given a 10 in more than half a decade
>they've been hyping this album for months

it's fucking guaranteed

i can't see this getting anything less than 9.1 tbqh senpai

the problem with this album in concept is that it's talking about all these emotional problems of the modern day young person coupled with all this social politics shit through the lens of a social media perspective.

I just dont buy it coming from Ocean. Like yeah, we get it, you're black and gay but you're also a dynasty driven upper class rich kid who's been held in high regard from literally every publication & modern day popular artist since debut.

he was pretty poor and had to work his ass off while starting to produce songs if I recall correctly

I'm not sure what his life was like before channel orange but yeah i should've worded it better, i mean post-debut.

Which is fine but I think people lose perspective a bit in terms of like the level of depth to the subjects they're talking about. I don't really see this getting anymore appeal than to middle class suburban kids who are into like quirky hipster stuff. The same people who camp outside Kanye pop up stores and resell shirts on ebay.

you made some valid points but subject matter used in the album that is as ubiquitous as unrequited love and existential crisis can't come off as contrived or disengaged from society - it's omnipresent.

from Seigfried

>Dwell on my gifts for a second
>A moment one solar flare would consume, so I nod
>Spin this flammable paper on the film's that my life
>High flights, inhale the vapor, exhale once and think twice
>Eat some shrooms, maybe have a good cry, about you
>See some colors, light hangglide off the moon

while it'll get as high p4k score, it doesn't have as much "relevant" quasi-commentary that tpab did... forces people to consider it more for the music than for whatever "message" it has

so Blue Pill 2: The Album?

TPAB was actually good though

Nah, TPAB was so much more of an immediate classic. Like, it was an album you only had to listen to a couple times to see it was a stroke of genius

Blonde is good, but its too early to say how good just yet. It's clearly gonna be a lot more divisive considering it treads the line between unconventional art-pop and mainstream chart music - pitchfork will love it (because otherwise their hype train will be totally derailed for nothing), fantano will pan it, and Sup Forums will have no clue what to think for a long time.

Was TPAB as divisive when it dropped?

the thing is that it's not that good

this

TPAB is fucking boring,

Blonde is some nice smoking music, nice fucking music, lots of potential here

BP as fuck but it sounds beautiful

Jesus his lyrics are terrible, sounds like a Sup Forums raps thread

It was.

no, it's going to get less than that. maybe a 92 at highest. and people are going to continue liking channel orange more

>nice smoking music, nice fucking music, lots of potential here
This

I don't think people on Sup Forums realize how much of a fucking babymaker this album is. Can't really blame them, though.

p4k has put trans in favor of gays

gays can only get up to a 9

no but he's black too so already gets the added +4 advantage for that as well as the +5 advantage for being indie gay

'jus b urself ;)' - the album

you understood nothing, dont even bother breathing anymore.
im not saying this album is 2deep4you but you clearly rushed to label this without even trying.

>bait