/grimes/

Discuss the talented and lovely Canadian artist Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

Leave your opinion on her music.
- How and when did you find out about her?
- Rank/rate her albums.
- Post your favorite Grimes songs.
- Did you see her live? Do you plan to?
- Who would you like to see her collab with?

New interview: likes.asos.com/50886/grimes-asos-magazine/
Download rarities: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/
Read this: genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated
Grimes profile for newcomers: pastebin.com/kn0NpbBC
Guide to get into the music of Grimes: vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/4chanmusic/images/5/5e/Grimes.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160821003559

Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94MyQ8YK33kCw0R4I0O8DtBPjJdiWg6P
mediafire.com/download/9hd8x1164kww30g/ABT010.zip
theguardian.com/music/2012/jan/29/grimes-boucher-one-to-watch
instagram.com/p/BJYodCZAeKv/?taken-by=trashique2&hl=en
instagram.com/p/BJYnWtSAsAK/?taken-by=trashique2&hl=en
genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated
instagram.com/p/BJYqltCgk3l/
instagram.com/p/BJYoFimAcEX/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank goodness the mods deleted that awful last thread.

What are you hoping to see from the september Grimes catalogue?

REPOST:

Two entire albums worth of strangely nostalgic, vintage-style pop music by Sean Nicholas Savage, featuring the extensive backing vocal talents of pre-Grimes Claire Boucher and pre-Braids Raphaelle Standelle-Preston:

>Spread Free Like A Butterfly (2009)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94MyQ8YK33kCw0R4I0O8DtBPjJdiWg6P

>Movin Up in Society (2010):
mediafire.com/download/9hd8x1164kww30g/ABT010.zip
Which includes the following in its official release notes (rtf in the zip file):
>Singing by Raphaelle Standelle-Preston and Claire Boucher

Cool. Thanks.

is Flesh Without Blood about Raphaelle Standelle-Preston? read that in a comment on the video but it's too old and I can no longer find it

>"I have a nervous tic," explains the Canadian-born musician. "When I was a kid, I would constantly be banging on things with my foot. Making music has been a really good mechanism for releasing some kind of percussive issue that I have. It's usually about finding a perfect beat; I play around until I get a tempo I like and then it's just a matter of filling in the blanks."

theguardian.com/music/2012/jan/29/grimes-boucher-one-to-watch

Why so many people hate Medieval Warfare?

Because its not good in compare to her other music, literally not her level of production

But it's still a nice song. Not on par with her best work, but enjoyable enough.

drums are awful

It is enjoyable, but far from being good

only vocals are nice

tfw grimes wont use your dick as mic

Don't be rude.

i´d rather be a dick than a swallower =)

Still being rude.

lol why did u post this

Because it's a Grimes thread?

people are nice to sexy people so you must be ugly and have no friends :^)

You're insane.

>"Branding" is a word Claire mentions often, with an enthusiasm that might offend preceding indie generations. "I used to think that focusing on the visual aspect was really vapid and ridiculous too," she admits, "but I've come to realise it's actually one of the most powerful tools I have to work with. The way that you present yourself visually totally dictates your audience and everything that anyone thinks about you. What's the difference between Napoleon and everyone else? Napoleon had great image branding. When people think of Napoleon they're not thinking of the Egyptian campaign or whatever, they're thinking of his fucking hat and his fucking hand in his waistcoat."

Because it's too alien-sounding for their ears.

lmao
her earlier stuff is way more "alien-sounding", and I love it a lot, this song is just not good

I'm sure there are people who really just don't like the way it sounds, but one of the most common reactions to genuinely unfamiliar stimuli is to initially misidentify it as discomfort.

Why the fuck is grimes popular on here now?
>ugly
>hit and miss songwriting
>terrible vocals

What changed? Influx of redditors?

Superior judgers of taste than you (evidently) taking over /mu.

because she is both prettiest and cutest girl on the planets earth and saturn

>Why the fuck is grimes popular on here now?
She just gained new fans because of her latest great album, Art Angels. But tbch I'm not expecting a dumbass pleb like you to understand why her music is great and why she's beautiful.

As a person who listens to trap a lot, I can say that this song is very generic. Even "trap rock" is nothing new nowadays. What's more Only vocals are good, she really improved her skills.
What I really don't understand is why Scream is hated. It's a really unique song, nothing does sound like this, and it gives me goosebumps every time, I love it.

>What I really don't understand is why Scream is hated. It's a really unique song, nothing does sound like this, and it gives me goosebumps every time, I love it.
People hate the unknown, the unusual. Scream live is very fun.

Why is there such a massive circlejerk for this talentless and annoying "Feel the bern" piece of crap?

Ignore this son of a bitch . This whore just wants attention.

THANK YOU

Lol hi Montie.

lol hi

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94MyQ8YK33kCw0R4I0O8DtBPjJdiWg6P
>This video is not available.

goddamnit. did anyone save it?

hey i love grimes

grimes loves you, too

lol how many reaction pics did you make out of that interview

I'm not the user who made the set, I just download them whenever I see new ones. But there are a ton.

The earliest I have saved is this one (great for h8rs) from 2 months ago.

Also I just came to the realization that I spent a non-negligable amount of my summer checking these threads on my phone and computer and this has been happening for months now.

It feels like just yesterday I was posting in threads that would die at 15 posts. Before the daily "Be Nice To Grimes" reminders...

same here, I think it's been one month and a half, checking these threads just became a part of daily life, lol. which is funny because they've kind of lost their purpose for me

these threads lacks lewd fanfic

>which is funny because they've kind of lost their purpose for me
same but i've been here since the beginning, i'm probably not going to stop browsing until i just don't have the time or these threads devolve into non-stop waifufaggotry and shitposting, which they are always teetering on the edge of.

first of all, ew

second of all, it would just be Claire intimately and lovingly hugging James

I've been here since we made the transition to generals, deep inside I just keep checking these threads to see if anyone digs out something obscure about her, or some unreleased music

While james flicks his phone screen, watching the same sad ~40 anons come to speculate and discuss shit about his girlfriend.

satisfied and secured in that while he's no better than any of us, and that just 5 short years ago he WAS one of us (in the dark and disorganized time that was pre-"daily reminder" threads). yes his smug grin stretching ear from ear, remembering how seemingly randomly one blood diamonds became a fan of his Elite Gymnastics band and not too long after Claire followed suit...

The phone's screen casting a harsh indigo glare into James' eyes, pulled into a sultry slit, gleaming in pure ecstasy at the sounds of a stoned claire, softly cooing and giggling to herself as she plays with James' luscious locks, completely lost in her thoughts.

For once... he was not the most cucked when it came to Grimes.

And for James, that suited him just fine.

please continue the story! I'm in Europe going to bed soon

>James what are you looking at
A deft and sly movement of his thumb and forefinger and he stealthily switches back to Twitter, pre-loaded with ammunition
>>Oh just look at this funny tweet Mira made
>Hee hee James you goof, that's my Tumblr!
OH NO HE SWITCHED INTO THE WRONG APP
>>O-oh yeah
A mildly bemused Claire returns to her Koala hug of James, who is now moderately panicked. Luckily, she quickly returns to her quiet sharp, saliva wettened giggles, and James breathes a sigh of relief.

With her face now hidden from James, Claire curls it into a twisted smile as she draws her trusty phone (complete with post-ironic clamshell case) for the next onslaught of her least favorite part of the fanbase. "At this rate, the mods will have to permaban everybody on that board!", she foolishly thought to herself.
>God her neck is just so SQUEEZABLE!! I want to squeeze it and hit her over the head with a hammer!!!

...new thread, please.

it's a new thread, user

>the daily "Be Nice To Grimes" reminders
I initiated and opened most of them. Maybe I initiated the /grimes/ generals too...

you can't just throw out the threads you don't like because of a few bad posts.

be the change you want to see in the world. Many early /grimes/ threads started out far, far worse than anything in this thread and they've survived for this long.

who even started this "be nice to Grimes" meme? Cal Chuchesta?

>Maybe I initiated the /grimes/ generals too...
dude I totally think you did.

happy you're still around. makes me feel slightly better about sticking around so long. just kinda been relaxing all summer. listening to good tunes, enjoying the weather, having a blast in these threads (most of the time...)

grimes would probably be happy to see some kind of positive initiative in this place. like those born-again warlords of liberia who went from child-cannibalizing devil dogs to pillars of the community helping rehabilitate from the ghastly terrors that happened back then.

These threads were like the mankind: with good parts, bad parts and horrible parts. You could study some psychology based on them.

>For once... he was not the most cucked when it came to Grimes.
at least there isn't a video of me watching someone kiss my girlfriend right in front of my face where I just turn around and pretend I didn't see anything.

Do you think James just has an internal like "cuck" jar and every time some shit like that happens, or she gives some dude she admires gaga eyes he just adds another coin to the internal cuck jar until finally it overflows and he fights with her?

It would certainly explain why she pins all their fights on when she "starts acting too much like Don Draper"

Leave James alone, he's nice guy

It just sounded 3edgy5you IMO.

Fyi Trashique is having a ball right now...

is he though?

is he really a nice guy? someone who has posted on Sup Forums before probably can't be considered "nice"......

grimes is not for sexual
grimes is not for sexual...
grimes is not for sexual.........

Early Grimes posted by Trashique2.

> someone who has posted on Sup Forums before probably can't be considered "nice"
don't judge people like that
and how do you know that he posted here?

>and how do you know that he posted here?
heh

You didn't think claire actually ever visited Sup Forums, did you? Protip, she has a boy slave to do that kind of shit for her.

why she posted such a low res picture
instagram.com/p/BJYodCZAeKv/?taken-by=trashique2&hl=en
is she searching for pics on her on the internet or something

>She's posted that one exact fucking frame of the "What's Grimes most emotional song" at it's peak popularity in these threads recently
>Now she's posted that pic after it got used just a few hours before
So it's basically confirmed that someone in the squad lurks here, right?

I bet it's fucking Bloodpop. He seems super normie, but at the same time it also seems like a facade. Like he's hiding a really high powerlevel.

but she visited some "message board" and she posted that "Sup Forums sings oblivion" video in her tumblr

>she visited
correction:
she had james visit some "message boards" after Sup Forums spammed her with that video.

what he found is probably the reasoning behind his suicide attempt. poor fragile soul.

instagram.com/p/BJYnWtSAsAK/?taken-by=trashique2&hl=en

take that claire doesn't do drugs anymore guy

what did she mean by this

she's not as helpless as you meme her

until she posts some hard evidence that she posts here and not her cute arm candy (which she will never do. image is number 1 to her, she'd never want to be associated with this rats nest, even to satiate the hardcore fans that come here and have taken refuge among to waifufags and the outkasted) I don't believe that for a second that she's ever touched this place with a 10 foot pole.

>tfw Grimes will never publicly castrate you

we're living in the trashique golden age boys

everyone who knows about existence of Sup Forums visited it at least once, only after that they may start avoiding this place

the purest waifu of them all

genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated

which do you think is a better haven of trashies, here or reddit or tumblr?

I'd say here, thinking on how tumblr probably has a lot more creepy super stan shit going on, reddit is barely active, and at least here there's some semblance of order between the true trashies who are just looking for a good time.

honestly if i were her i'd give stronger hints, or even post as myself without a timestamp ofc because i don't want p4k on my ass

i'd just be satisfied with a passing hint assuming the last two "hints" were simply coincidences.

just throw us user fans a bone or something. our memes are way danker than any other part of the fanbase.

that's kind of the only good thing about Sup Forums communities, is that we are such efficient meme masters that we can make memes for any fanbase. It's an inherited trait from Something Awful, i think.

Lots of content being posted right now goddamn

Message for Grimes haters: instagram.com/p/BJYqltCgk3l/

lmao

they neglected us for a few days, were too busy making bomb ass vid-ee-ohs for us to drop in a few weeks prolly.

just came out for the day to water the garden. make sure the roses don't wilt despite the overwhelming presence of weeds....

>mfw when trashique spam stopped

Grimes talking to Hana: instagram.com/p/BJYoFimAcEX/

hopefully they are posting more tonight... around midnight... ? ;) we'll just have to wait and see !! lol

haha you're right, they will post moree

the fuck is freesounds.org huh
and she's copying ann frank with the unfollow thing

Which one is the definitive Grimes song, Oblivion or Realiti?

videos work for me

Of course.

can we adopt trashies as our fandom name? having no fandom name is no longer acceptable for any artist at the risk of going full pop (note, this *can* still happen with the september video project, because the most radio friendly singles on AA- venus fly, world princess ii- will be released at that time). the haters and the media will give us some wack name if we don't self identify, and "grimesfag", endearing as it is, won't work outside moo. trashies is perfect because, like "navy," it's not predictable (grimes should never be) and seems random and mysterious (who knows what trashique even is? only us, so if you have to ask, you're not a fan) and the idea of trash, accords with grime (i.e. dirt, not the music), except trash also can be shiny, glammy, wrapped in plastic trash bags. and of course it is "tres chic" nodding to her invincible fashions. grimes already did all this work for us, when she and hana selected that name. she was trying to give a commandment, in her non totalitarian way- thou shalt be trashies.

damn look at how fat blood diamonds was

actually claire looks kinda bulky in these pics too compared to her recently. i guess touring stress will do that to you.

i hope you're being ironic