Who else feels a bit let down?

Who else feels a bit let down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G6r7a17NBSI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreality
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i dont at all, i think its pretty incredible for the most part. thought endless was great too

I do, it's pretty mediocre desu, pretty obvious he's pandering to the Grammy/artistic crowd instead of just making the best possible music.

It's calming
That's actually what I wanted. Idk why. Listening to it felt so right

he did the exact opposite, is this bait?

The first half was pretty solid, but a lot of the tracks on the second half just felt unfinished. The closing track was especially dissapointing. I expected another pyramids but instead we got mediocre rapping and an interview that you can't even understand what they're saying

you failed for wanting another Pyramids.

Nights is the perfect supplement anyways. This album in general is more refined and mature

His other 2 albums werent so experimental. They had better hooks and easyier to listen to. I don't like this sound, I guess its cool That Frank tried something different but I just don't love it. The frank we once had is dead and gone like The old Kanye is dead. Time to move on, well always have the old albums to go back and listen to.

i liked channel orange better

what do you fucking expect from a neo-rnb artist

WHY

why would you expect another Pyramids?

WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT ANYTHING?

sounded like a dean blunt album
with the low energy singing and repetitive instrumentals
i can see why u don't like it montie

I have an IQ above 100 so I knew it would be shit before it was released

Only a Twitter-addled teenager who browses r/hiphopheads and pitchfork would be excited for this dogshit

Can we just WAIT a few days, listen some more, and THEN come to a conclusion?

Christ, it's been like... 1 day.

endless > blonde

endless sounds so much more passionate and inspired, like blonde was just a chore for him to please everyone but he really just wanted to release endless

Why didn't that dude add his GF on Facebook?

yeah I think that also. Endless has him rapping over trap beats and enjoying his life

Blond sounds like the reason why it took 4 years to make it because of how cringe it is.

>I have an IQ above 100

Honestly I'm pretty sure Frank just became the new Kid Cudi. This thing sounds like SB2H

I love this, but for context I wasn't too big on channel orange, that felt pretty overrated. This is just really solid music. 8.5/10

I was let down in that the style of music that Frank pursued on Blonde doesn't appeal to me as much as his music on Channel Orange. But I can't hold it against him just because I wanted something else.

The back half has the best run of songs tho

The end of the album (close to you, godspeed, futura free) feel like bonus tracks. everything else is solid

the album's full of hooks tho, i thought the same earlier but now i\m singing along

>Sup Forums constantly asks for new musical experiences
>frank releases his most subtle album yet, with his best lyrics and instrumentals
>WHERE ARE LE BANGERS? WHERE IS MUH CHANNEL ORANGE 2.0?

Plebs

anyone got a link?

yeah, it's definitely not an immediate album. there's more of a focus on texture and atmosphere but it's very rewarding once you get into it

Only made it to the 3rd song and got bored

I feel let down that the album doesn't have much variety in the way Channel Orange did

thats the point
technology has made you guys want instant satisfaction
the album refuses to give you that

same, actually 2 minutes in the first track i was already bored and started skipping

What the hell was that interview anyway?

its somebody talking to tyler the creator,maybe yung lean and some kid who plays soccer

apparently it's supposed to be an old conversation between frank, his younger brother, and a skater friend

CAn't buy individual songs, have to shell out $10 for the whole album.
Tracks aren't exactly killing me.
Happpy to pass this up until it's in the "Albums for less than $6!" bin next month.

absolutely, i've listened through 4 times fully today on good headphones and on speakers and each time i've found something more and enjoyed it more

definitely a grower

literally forcing your self to like it

he literally said nothing suggesting he FORCED himself into it.

There's a difference between learning notes because they're repeated, and a hook.

You don't have to hear a hook a few times to realize it's there. Listen to an ABBA song once and the hooks are slapping you in the face like a massive moist beefy penis.

Literally listening to it to form a clear opinion of it, and giving it a solid chance.

Not as many standouts but as a complete album i dig it. First 10 seconds of white ferrari makes me cum and track 9 stands out to me.

>i've listened through 4 times fully today
>4 times fully today

not one single album in history fully clicks with anyone after a first listen. the best albums offer something new every time you delve in

seemingly because he enjoyed it
what's the problem?

That's not true at all.

Some of my favorite albums clicked 100% immediately. Some didn't. It depends on the person just as much as the album.

that's the point of ABBA tho, they wrote instantly catchy pop tunes that were accessible to everyone

something like this -which is less accessible by "pop" standards- is a lot less immediate and gradually reveals itself upon further listening

Just madness

You wouldnt watch a film 4 times in one day

or: pirate!!

Why couldn't you just get the free trial?

this

>film
>music
>two completely different types of art

why would you even compare how you consume the two of them

watching a film also requires you to WATCH the film. you can do any number of things while listening to an album.

>You wouldnt watch a film 4 times in one day

why not?

O shit das actually tru

this retard is clearly desperate to hate this album just stop paying attention to him

>you can do any number of things while listening to an album.

Thats probs why it takes you 4 listens to enjoy it
>clearly desperate
Not really , i just dont understand why you would listen to a album 4 times in one day.Get over it

trying too hard

the album is a masterpiece and blows every fucking mainstream nigger artist out of the water.

kanye hasn't been good since 808

kendrick is cheesy as fuck

jay z literally who cares

based frank is the real deal

Lots of people do this when they enjoy an album.
If anything playing an album back repeatedly is a pretty Sup Forums thing to do.

fair enough

I always fault people do this if there forcing them selfs to like somthing that they just dont like/get or have a very low attention span.Seems werid to me but what/e

I have hear 0 seconds of this album. And I got to say, I am very freaking disappointed.

i really really like the second part in Nights; can someone rec me more music that sounds similar?

this just means you have adhd

>2016
>Not understanding this album is basically about Baudrillard
youtube.com/watch?v=G6r7a17NBSI
This commercial sums up the whole concept.

Stay plebs, Sup Forumstants. Frank is not an idiot.
Also, there's probably another album coming.

Who?

Baudrillard, French philosopher. Google it, motherfucker.

Also, check this out:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreality

Baudrillard is a pseud so I could see this theory as being plausible, but Frank Ocean is also a borderline illiterate who can't read books more than a hundred pages long without pictures

this

"UHH NOT TRAP NUFF IT BORING"

>Frank Ocean is also a borderline illiterate

His lyricism says otherwise

This

I kinda dug the first half, but towards the halfway mark it just began to feel boring, and dragged out. And jesus christ that interview/voice clip thing at the end was horrific. Who thought it was a good idea to make the background noise so f'ing loud?!

His lyricism is embarrassing and recognized as trash by anybody who actually reads poetry and is qualified to comment on literary ability

I prefer Endless THB. The beats Endless are way more interesting and modern.

on*

"Someone disagrees with me. Now to justify my own opinion I must dehumanize them"

Dude, most of the album sounded the same, and the lyrics just felt dull, and a bit uninspired to me. It was just an all out 'meh' experience.

can someone link me the zip for endless with all the tracks split up?

you have adhd. this album is supposed to reflect the perfect drug or reality
no high's or low's
just a clean listen

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

look at this fucking retard, do you really think you could listen to an album once and form and kind of opinion on it? youre really sick and never wanted to apperciate music if so

color me triggered

I don't get why no one's just thrown together a link that features both the Apple Music version AND the magazine version?

I picked it up sience.Its very nice sounding music but isnt really doing it for me

sorry

the magazine version is different from the apple music one?

its on soulseek

the physical version has a different tracklist

Pretty Sweet
Mitsubishi Sony
Ivy
Pink + White
Solo
Easy
Skyline To
Nights
White Ferrari
Siegfried
Godspeed
Futura Free
Nikes Remix ft. KOHH (bonus)

uh, the fuck is mitsubishi sony? and easy? fuck dude the physical removed my favourite songs like self control and the andre track... wtf?

what the fuck is frank doing to me. why cant any semi popular artists just release a fucking album anymore

>being this triggered by a nigger

self control is amazing

Totally felt the opposite, the first half was sort of slow, but the second was pretty cool.

Gotta say it wasn't qhat I thought. I liked Endless 1000 times better, hope there's a physical version of that soon

>why can't any artist do the same thing they've been doing for decades instead of something new, fun, interesting, cool, and exciting

Uh yeah sure thing buddy

A version of all tracks put together into one folder? That's what I'm looking for.

thats so not true lmao. Who are you trying to impress?

It was good but it kinda felt like it ran together

>being this embarrassingly insecure

anyone got a mega link for this? I want to determine for myself how good this is.

I really like that it runs together desu
feels like you experience something whole

>I want to determine for myself how good this is

If only more people could follow your example

I guess the interludes are there to break it up
The interludes felt a lot better in here than in Kanye's shit album though

it's up on tpb

check rutracker