Can any Americans quickly explain what Obamacare is?

Can any Americans quickly explain what Obamacare is?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a huge and complicated thing. "obamacare" is also a meme. it's called the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"

it's a humongous bill and no one really understands the whole thing because it's so bloated so u can just read it here. some of it is obviously good, some of it is questionable, some of it is confusing, etc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

Massive piece of legislation with lots of rules bundled up in it.

Some parts:
-Insurance companies can't discriminate based on prior conditions
-adults up to age 25 can be included on their parents' insurance plan
-women no longer pay more for insurance than men
-people with no health insurance pay a special tax meant to offset the losses of emergency room procedures for people with no insurance
-there is now a government run online insurance market for people to purchase coverage

Some other parts of it supposedly streamlined other healthcare codes as well to make them more efficient thus less costly to taxpayers

> women no longer pay more for insurance than men
This was a thing?

ya. vagoos are more costly to maintain than penises.

I thought it was, wasn't it?

I don't have a vagina so I didn't pay much attention to that particular national discussion desu.

If you don't have health insurance, you get taxed

The national government got it set up, but the states had to manage it aka get a fully working online shopping system for it

It was disastrous

> using the website
Get back to wizardchan.

I didn't say I used it, I already had health insurance

nice dubs btw

Ultra simplified version:

Poor people get subsidized health insurance that everyone else had to pay for.

Let's let the free market decided for basic societal services like Police and Fire!

is obamacare like a opt-out social healthcare insurance system with public clinics dedicated to it with private clinics that get can get government funding for public services related to it that never works or something else? because that's how healthcare works here, except the opt-out part.

I heard Trump is backpedaling on Obamacare.

And Trump supporters want to gut it and replace it with a tax credit. Basically its a health-care tax break where you're expected to save an pay for your own healthcare in case of an emergency.

Fucking insane if you ask me.

I heard from the same people that he had no chance and that he's racist and sexist.

You heard wrong. The only thing worth noting is that he believes that 2 parts of it should make it into what they replace it with. Being able to stay in parents plan until 26 and preexisting conditions.

Those two things were on reform proposals back in the day as well.

it's basically a worse version of universal healthcare; instead of the government taxing people and giving out money, they force us to give money to insurance companies which are in turn forced to give out money to people. it's convoluted as hell but it's the only reason i can afford my blood thinners

How big is the tax? This is a tax or a fine?

>This is a tax or a fine?
That's often a philosophical argument.

Is paying €10 for a box of cigarettes a tax or a fine? I think punitive taxation is a fine.

I haven't read the law, but it's meant to expand healthcare coverage (mandating buying insurance) and reform some insurance practices.

Outright Islamic Communism

>sold as an American form of the Dutch system
>ends up being welfare for insurance companies
>people get pissed when their plans are cancelled, their doctors aren't allowed to treat them, and their premiums are raised
>they blame the insurance companies instead of Obongo
>He passes SPHC to punish the insurance companies
It's an effort to give us a shitty form of SPHC that's worse than anything seen in Europe and will just lead to 70% income tax on the middle class in order to support the niggers