I might as well ask this board now

I might as well ask this board now.

Brief summary: My soon to be husband and I would like to relocate somewhere to essentially live within a band level society. We have a few close friends willing to join us and we wish to live in isolation, though not completely cut off from society, where we will grow our own food and produce our own electricity. We heard Canada might be ripe for this, but we're not sure. Where should we consider relocating to?

Thread on /trv/ for more details.

Nice quads.

Resettle to russia, in siberia

you'll love it there

go resettle in northern BC and get attacked by a savage grizzly bear and die.

Isn't Russia more covered in snow and ice than Canada? We don't want to relocate anywhere that is too cold.

My husband is one of those rugged outdoors men types. He asks my opinion on things but roughly plans things out among him and his colleagues who will be joining us. We're kind of patriarchal when it comes to serious decisions. He claims that he's killed a grizzly bear before, but I remain skeptical. I trust his word because he is my husband.

As long as he has guns, he will okay

What are Canada's laws regarding firearms?

>Also, I'm sorry for bring my gender identity into this, but I figured I might as well as this may become a factor in where we relocate to. I heard Canada doesn't really have that much of a problem, but nothing is set in stone yet according to location. In the first line of my initial post I meant to say my soon to be husband and I. The word arrangement got a little messed up.

what did Xir mean by this?

also gay mountain men make me uncomfortable

>Isn't Russia more covered in snow and ice than Canada?
no
its the exact same

Simply put:

long guns = easy to own and buy, all you need is a lisence. License is easy as shit to obtain

Handguns = Require separate lisence, have to be registered, can only be shot at ranges. So not fucking worth it unless you are a target shooter or just like handguns

If you have any specific questions I'll elaborate

What's wrong with the US? Aren't there any cut off from society places?
About relocating to Siberia, the weather is like +35C (91F) during summer, -35C (-31F) during winter, it's not covered in snow the entire year, but being a transgender would be much of a problem that weather, especially since you're not going to live in big cities.

but user, needing to have a license is an infringement of the second ammendment

UP of Michigan outside Marquette. No one lives there but there are enough liberals around the university to make you not want to commit suicide.

We have hunting refiles mostly. He tends to go to hunting reserves a lot. He's a big hunting kind of guy. I'm not a gun expert. All I own is a handgun that he bought for me because he wanted me to have protection. This this big move he plans on acquiring a few more. Should we be okay with bringing them with us or should we just get new ones once we apply for citizenship? We don't want to secede from any nations so we still want to obey local laws.

I see.

>also gay mountain men make me uncomfortable
Jesus, the way you worded this makes it sound horrifying.

You need to take a safety course, and pass a written test, and a practical test. Once this is done, you submit info to the RCMP, who perform a background check and approve your application (should have no problems unless you are a sketchy person who can't provide references). Then you get a PAL (basic firearms license). Guns in Canada fall into two categories, restricted, and non restricted. With the basic pal you can buy non restricted guns, which include, bolt action guns, almost all shotguns, and assorted semi auto rifles (exception being ar-15 pattern rifles, and AK pattern rifles). Non restricted guns can be shot on your own property, provided that the government of your city/town allows the discharge or firearms, or can be shot on any crown (government/public) land. Non restricted guns need to be stored either in a gun safe, or outside of a gun safe, provided that they are trigger locked, and not loaded.

> What's wrong with the US?
We're considering this too. I trust him and our friends as well. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't terrified. I pass fairly well though so I guess there's that.

Hmm, thank you.

Some Conservative party members want to include gun ownership as a heritage right. If only they win 2019

Thank you for the detailed information. ^_^

> Xir
Also, fuck you, I usually don't get upset over pronouns but this tumblr level bullshit pisses me off.

Most people here just have hunting rifles as well. The restrictions on them are minimal, nothing should surprise you. Just common sense shit like store them correctly, etc.

>Should we be okay with bringing them with us or should we just get new ones once we apply for citizenship?

Honestly, I would leave them behind/sell them and buy new ones here. The process of bringing them over would be a major headache.

Be aware that the process of obtaining your Firearms Licence can take a few months (The Course/Test itself only takes a day but once you mail your application away the shitty wait begins), so make sure you get on it asap even before you move here

Alright, this is good to know. Thank you.

I was expecting a much more hostility in this thread. So this went well.

Immigrations isn't going to let a whole herd of people move here to go start a commune. Your best bet is in your own country.

>trans arrived in Siberia
>get stabbed homophobes

On the other hand, Trans-Siberian railway is called like that for a reason.

>homophobes trance thrown under a train Trans-Siberian Railway

>yfw Anna Karenina was a transgender

Bitardsk on Sup Forums!

Who is Anna Karenina?

>I am a male-to-female transgender person

Lev Tolstoy novel.

On a side note, and considering you posted on 4chinks, you can be either a well informed male/female/whatever in the thirties and have this all planned out for the future with enough recources.
Or you can be a runoff kid which isnt 20 years old and doesnt like his/her/its parents because they are "sooo dumb and dont understand me how i feel".

For the later option: finish your education or get an education FIRST. Dont be a fucking idiot.

Your husband can move along with his friends. You? Nu-uh.

If you're going that far north then consider Alaska. It'll be slightly less inhospitable just because of its proximity to the ocean.

Is it really about a transgender person?

No, it's about suicide on railway tracks.