/rug/ - game threads soon edition

Super rugby fixtures for week 11

Friday 6th of May
7:35pm Crusaders v Reds *hate match of the week, crowd should be loud and boo a lot*
9:45pm Brumbies v Bulls

Saturday 7th of May
5:15pm Sunwolves v Force *Sunwolves on 2nd win watch*
7:35pm Chiefs v Highlanders *game of the week*
9:45pm Waratahs v Cheetahs

Sunday 8th of May
1:00am Sharks v Hurricanes
3:10am Kings v Blues

Dates and times in world rugby champion time

Other urls found in this thread:

dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/payto--panda-schoolboy-prodigy-leroy-houston-on-verge-of-returning-to-australian-rugby/news-story/710af4490f8b037b229b9d30d27bcb98?nk=75068bb0ede78835bd61297f245ee52a-1462510473
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Terrible thread

Well that was awkward

So how long until the blues return to their righful place at the top of NZ rugby? I think next season might be a bit too early but surely 2018 is in the bag

Will the coaching staff change? If yes maybe 2019

Honestly Hurricanes are more likely to top NZ rugby before the Blues

>OP is an adidas ad
RIP /rug/

>a walking wikipedia of rugby knowledge

He's literally the Chris rattoue of rugby knowledge.

Never tttt.

You're living in the chiefs era. Waikato/bop is a growing and thriving economic powerhouse where sports are only getting stronger. Auckland is full of zhangs and pajeets. Sitalekis are all playing league. Chrushedchurch is permashook.

>manlet
>manlet
>manlet
>true southern bloke
>manlet

Chris rattue is a great writer sometimes. He was right Carter should not have gone to the rwc

and yet carter got player of the tournament

Fuck you're an idiot.

It will be killed in less than 14 ish hours for a game thread. What does it matter. We won't be bumped to 404 anymore

Tricked you ;)

It was pretty funny he wrote an article at the start of the year with the headline "if Carter wins 1 more award I'll lose it"

>i was only tricking
Such fucking idiot.

Who are you replying to?

Cruzados 42x23 Vermelhos
Brumbys 27x14 Touros
Lobos do Sol 27x25 Força
Chefes 26x26 Highlânderes
Telopeas 35x25 Chitas
Tubarões 24x28 Furacões
Reis 20x37 Azuis

You got comprehensively BTFO. Now run away with your tail betwen your legs sis.

>26-26

Kings will score less than 20
Chiefs will get another close win described as an "ugly win" in "a gruelling match"

Sharks are THE worst team to tip for

Underhill on test series win in Australia watch

>muh big strong queefs
>almost lost to the poos

>almost
Don't reach yung blud

>crylanders
>actually lost to the speds
kek
KEK
K E K

How does he do it lads?

>7:35pm Crusaders v Reds *hate match of the week, crowd should be loud and boo a lot*
why would local crushedchurch fans care about the reds

This.

Quade Pooper is long gone.

Poor form

>Basedbies the only team that retains correct spelling

All other """teams""" on pooicide watch

The Australian Sevens program today announced Quade Cooper will not be considered for selection for the final two rounds of the 2015-16 HSBC Sevens World Series or the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Australian Sevens Head Coach Andy Friend said: “There’s no doubt Quade is a quality player, but put simply, we just haven’t had the opportunity to work with him as much as we would have liked over the past five months. Each day I have a group of 20-plus players working on different structures and patterns of play and I don’t think we would have got the very best out of Quade had we just thrown him into a tournament with limited preparation – particularly for an event as momentous as the Olympics.

“As many players have found out throughout this season’s World Series, it is no easy task to transition from fifteens to the Sevens form of the game.

“Although we are still a few months out from the Games, I think it offers the fairest outcome for everyone by making the call now. Quade can channel his energies into Toulon while we can enter the next phase of our preparations for Rio knowing the direction we want to take.

“I have complete faith in the players we currently have in the Sevens program and their ability to perform on the big stage. We have two big tournaments coming up in the next couple of weeks in Paris and London and I’m confident we have given ourselves the best possible chance to perform in those events.”

Quade Cooper represented the national side in Las Vegas and Vancouver during the 2015-16 HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.

The Australian Sevens side travel to Europe on Friday ahead of the ninth leg of the 2015-16 HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series in Paris which kicks off next Saturday morning (AEST). The squad for the Paris Sevens will be announced on Friday at 8am AEST.

Australia currently sits fourth in the World Series standings, 20 points adrift of third-placed New Zealand and ahead of fifth-placed USA by the same margin.

Expect to see lots of this at the weekend when Glasgow cement the #1 seed for the 2nd time in a row on their path to back2back Pro12 titles.

Feels good to be great.

All New Zealanders care about Australia.

It could be fucking kabadi and the Kiwis would turn up if you told them Australia was playing.

Despite the fact the Speds have nothing to do with Australia or Australians virtue of being a Pacific Islands feeder team, the fact that it is technically located in Australia is good enough for the Kiwis.

No one cares about the Speds. Not Australians, not New Zealanders, not even Speds fans.

It's kinda tough to create hype about Australian teams atm because they're so shit. I guess the Bumboys will create a bit of a buzz since they have a history of being a good team and they're going good among the Australian teams atm, but apart from that no one really cares here.

Just wait til the Bledisloe Cup matches later this year for the kiwi inferiority complex you're referring to.

>the entirety of /rug/s faces when Glasgow lose

>/rug/
>not watching Shorks-Canes instead

>SH riff raff

Only seed Glasgow will be getting is Bundee Aki's semen.

Angry ulstermen just make me grow stronger.

There's a second Ulsterman?

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN

STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN

And people say SH rug is bad

Literally 8 posts since "we" went to sleep

Quality over quantity cuzzie

>Quality over quantity
4 of the 8 posts are shitposting about "ulstermen"
2 of 8 are shitposting about NH v SH
1 post is shitposting bait about Glasgow
1 of 8 posts is arguably rugby discussion

At least 87.5% to 100% shitposting
NH /rug/ BTFO

poo peeland on pooicide watch

he is literally seething

Good post.

What are Ospreys in Hue language?

Nah I'm just being autistic because my morning meds haven't kicked in

I got a cheeky McMuffin for breakfast. Just what the hangover ordered 2bh lads

its bloody raining lads

>drinking on a thursday
Degenerate

Had a pub quiz mate. Got second place

>pub quiz
>on a day other than trivia Tuesday

Is New Zealand a failed state lads?

rate my wo and backline lads:

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Tomane
12. Kerevi
13. Kuridrani
14. Folau
15. Beale

t. Marto

It was a thirsty Thursday pub quiz

Basically an excuse to drink on a Thursday

>phipps

why aren't you in our tipping comp brazilbro?

>only wallop has picked as of now
this seems like an unusually high amount for this time

Reds will win tonight.

WalkGod wills it.

Highlanders will win the cup

Queensland Reds Pty Ltd.

seething but accurate tßh

Anyone gonna watch the league test tonight?

I'm going to watch the women's game.

Probably not the men's one because it clashes with the Reds game.

>thinking the Queensland Reds are a proprietary company rather than a public company limited by guarantee

do you even know how to ASIC search bro?

A correct post would have been "Queensland Rugby Union Ltd"

Please refrain from posting incorrectly in future.

>QRU is the same thing as the Reds

Queensland Reds LLC.

Queensland Reds Inc.

They don't clash m8, the league starts 2 hours after the reds game starts.

Dunny Bin Ltd.

They both start at 7.30 don't they?

Reds is 730 official super rugby time.

League is 930 official super rugby time.

7.30NZ and 7.30AEST lad

Who will step up to coach the All Blacks after Hansen retires in 2019 having won the world cup?

ffs, do you ever leave Sup Forums?
Robbie Deans lel

I hear Devvo God will be available to coach

I posted once at 10am and just got home. Going out for dinner and a movie soon.

Fuck, gonna miss the start of the Reds game. Flying from Sydney to Brisbane tonight, and doesn't land until 6pm.

Queensland Reds is a business name you pleb, not a company.

>official super rugby time
>the same as NZ time

Nice meme faggot.

GATLAND
A
T
L
A
N
D

Does anyone know if this darkie is any good or not

Of course you are.

he'll be undisciplined and shit at the breakdown like every other league convert

Never heard of him. League monkey?

He's a rugby player who is unfortunately playing rugby league at the moment.

#bringthemhome

Yeah unlikely story right sis haha

HIGHLY rated ex-pat Leroy Houston is on the verge of signing a deal to return to the Queensland Reds for next season and could be sighted in Wallabies gold within months.

But Houston may not be the only prodigal son to return to Ballymore, with Quade Cooper deep in talks about coming home from France as well. The Reds are even pushing to get the whole band back together and are targeting Will Genia and Scott Higginbotham as well.

But it is Houston’s signing that will send shock waves across the world, with the 29-year-old a much-loved backrower at Bath.

Houston was visited in England by Michael Cheika in March when the Wallabies coach went on an European tour with a mission to encourage ex-pats to return to Australia, play Super Rugby and become eligible to play for the Wallabies.

Houston said he was “chuffed and flattered” to be recognised by Cheika and the sales pitch clearly worked.

The 115kg no.8 still has a year to run on his contract with Bath but the QRU — presumably with ARU help — has lured Houston back to the Reds.

the article was longer than I thought it was and includes

>Storm winger Marika Koroibete is very close to signing with the Melbourne Rebels and ARU. Michael Cheika is a big fan of the flying Fijian and it would be no surprise to see Koroibete taken on the Spring Tour as a development player.

dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/payto--panda-schoolboy-prodigy-leroy-houston-on-verge-of-returning-to-australian-rugby/news-story/710af4490f8b037b229b9d30d27bcb98?nk=75068bb0ede78835bd61297f245ee52a-1462510473

You really should go and start getting ready for your big night away from the computer.

if he's no. 8, where's ed quirk gonna play?

Japan probably

95th for South Africa is a white country

racist to be honest

>big night
Lol i have an active social life sis. Already at dinner. Nice projection though.

6pm dinner. How old are you, 70?

Is this the round where people lose interest?