Boxing is a better sport than MMA. Prove me wrong

Boxing is a better sport than MMA. Prove me wrong

>protip: don't try and save yourselves the headache and let the thread die. MMA will always be boxing's retarded cousin.

Other urls found in this thread:

combatsportslaw.com/tag/average-ufc-fighter-career-length/
youtu.be/WDc3vKREhfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Take the gloves out of the equation and I'd actually start watching boxing. Otherwise, no.

>I do not know shit about boxing or the human body: the post.

/ABOUT BILLIONS/

Dude, you're just going to have to accept that there are people who don't appreciate artistry involved, and prefer the brutality of mixed-martial arts. For them, masterful footwork, slipping punches while scoring off a jab and a war of constant attrition bores the living daylights out of them. They'd rather see fighters knocked out in a flash or forced to submit.

You can make all the chess/checkers comparisons you want, but when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of taste.

how is that even a question?

There's no question in OPs post.

Boxing is much more brutal than MMA.

What are some genuinely brutal Boxing matches I could watch?
Preferable recent stuff, just two guys slugging at eachother

Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo(GOAT SLUG FEST)
Lebedev vs Jones
Miura vs Vargas
Miura vs Uchiyama
Gatti Ward (overrated in my opinion)
Gatti Augustus ( underrated in my opinion)
Marquez vs Vazquez 1-3
Berrera Morales 1 and 3 (a lot of technical aspects in those 2 fights a casual wouldn't notice)
Matthysee vs Molina

Nothing to prove wrong

Vitali Lewis

Boxing is for closeted homos that cant fight

Are you a closeted homo that cant fight?

Of course you are

Only when they brawl instead of box. The best boxers are rarely hurt and even then most boxers can continue to box for years with little wear on their bodies. (1)The average MMA fighter's professional career lasts 3 years, and only half of that is spent fighting for a major promotion. A professional boxer's career can span anywhere from a few years to a few decades, not to mention this is is in addition to amateur experience which is arguably less brutal, but far more noteworthy than training to be a blackbelt in judo or jiujistu at a gym and occasionally participating in a tournament.

Suffice it to say, Boxing is generally, not as brutal as MMA. It's more rigorous, which requires far better conditioning to last 30-45 minutes in the ring, but it's not as devastating to your health. Freak accidents like what happened in Russia when Kovalev killed a guy, or when Nick Blackwell was placed in an induced coma to stop brain bleeding, is relatively uncommon. Less so in MMA.

Povodnikov v Bradley was brutal as fuck and more recent.

I used to think boxing was tough until I got into wrestling and BJJ.

Honestly, grappling is far more draining. Secondly, as soon as a boxer touches the mat, it's fucking over. He's just fucking done.

Just look at James Toney vs Chuck. Chuck smashed him like I smashed that fucking like button last night famigos.

>The average MMA fighter's professional career lasts 3 years
do you have a source for that
also if you want to see high level footwork, speed, and technique in MMA, watch a Dominick Cruz or Demetrious Johnson fight
it's there in the sport, but I agree MMA hasn't been around long enough and covers a much broader skillset than boxing, so MMA fighters are rarely able to develop the depth of technique in one area that boxers can

I don't need to
Have fun with your dying sport friend

>Secondly, as soon as a boxer touches the mat, it's fucking over.
When 2 people attack 1 Wrestler, what good is it trying to take someone to the ground?

If you took my friend to the ground trying to penetrate him, I would boot you into the head.

Hm.. not sure tough would be the right word, because boxing really is tough. Mastering the sport takes ridiculous amounts of dedication and a lot of natural ability, most of which consists of footwork, accuracy and conditioning. If you mean it's easy to get in the ring and just trade blows, then yeah, that bit isn't tough. To be great, you really need to put in more work.

That said, grappling is very draining, but then again, in MMA you only have to do it for 15 to 25 minutes at a time, and even then, you really don't need to do it the whole time. Conditioning is still really important, but far less important than it is for world-class championship boxing. Once you reach that level, it becomes your most important attribute.

>tl;Dr I don't know what I am talking about.

Referring to a sport setting
The same logic can be applied to what you said about a street fight
If you tried to attack me 2 on 1, I could pull a knife out and start stabbing
Or because I'm an American, shoot you

Sure, I can try to dig up a few, but 3 years is the general figure most former pros I know throw around. The ones who last longer typically do so for a good reason (they managed to stay out of danger, or end fights quickly through submissions throughout most of their careers).

combatsportslaw.com/tag/average-ufc-fighter-career-length/

This confirms the average length of a career with a major promotion, though.

When you knock someone on the ground in Boxing, you give them some time to recover, that is called SPORT.

In MMA when you knock someone down, you then jump on them and pummel their face relentlessly, that is NOT called SPORT.

>talking about street fighting on the sports board

>hitting someone down
>choking
Those are my main problems with MMA.

Also it doesn't have the Noble aura of boxing but maybe it will have it in a few decades.

Pussy

>attitude of MMA fans
Definitely the worst aspect there is to it.

We're talking about sports not violence.

Boxing fans are the most fedora tipping insecure sperglords

No one cares what you think, pussy.

Violence is a part of the sport, its fucking fighting

Go try and box in a street fight then see what happens when you ask him to stop choking you

The majority of MMA fans are under the age of 18.

And youre a fat sack of shit aspie

Sure I don't.

Right, MMA does have some fighters who display spectacular footwork, but it's not really the key focus of the sport. Most of the fighters who do display it have a background in boxing or kickboxing. They've just got so many other things they have to focus on that they really can't afford to get too attached to any one thing. As a result, it makes for a very effective fighter, but it's far less eloquent.

Eloquent, from a boxing perspective, seeing good striking is seeing good striking

These people have to deal with kicks and takedowns too, their footwork is far more practical and eloquent in that way

Is the average american football fan like this too?

Why do Mixed Martial Autist fans always come back to this
MUH street fighting MUH street fighting

Nigga were on a sports board. None of you fucking faggots on this board who constantly equate MMA to street fighting haven't been in either.if you had, you wouldn't equate them. Street fighting is for dumbasses. If someone tries to fight me on the street they are getting their ass beat by 15 spics who don't give one fuck about MUH one on one MUH fair fight or if I'm by myself you're getting shot and laid on. Street fighting=\= combat sports.

Street fighting isn't a sport, it's assault. Also, arguably responsible for almost killing the Rocky franchise.

Diaz though

The first rule of a street fight is you NEVER go to the ground

That's just asking for someone to start stomping your head from behind

Very rarely are you dealing with a one on one situation in a street fight and the last thing you want is to be vulnerable on the ground when a guy decides to take out a knife or his friends comes up to knock you out with a kick to the head

Youre a fucking total dumbass aspie

Its a more pure form of fighting, thats it.

Youre just a dumb little shit who knows most of his heroes would get dropped on their head in a second

Same with you

>the petulant reaction of a wounded child: the post

You've never been in an actual fight or seen an actual fight

Not sure I'd use the word eloquent to describe dodging tackles (either by sprawling or slipping attempts), or rolling around on the ground while struggling to establish position. It's certainly challenging, difficult, and for those who become proficient at, impressive, but eloquent? Yeah, not sold on that.

>the reaction of a fat aspie crying through his fat rolls and exhaling his vape clouds with Prince Naseem highlight vids in the background

Neither have you, if you think going to the fucking ground in a street fight is a smart thing to do (protip, having a fight at school while a bunch of people stand around and watch is not a "street fight")

Of course you cant find "eloquence" in it

You dont understand it

>I'm still under the age of 18: the sequel.

Dude stop. You're embarrassing every legit MMA fan here.

That was classy.

No one gives a shit

Youre an embarrassment to yourself and everyone you know because such a cringey aspie talking high and might on a board for Japanese autism

Do you think every fight is against a gang of knife wielding outlaws?

Yeah, diaz can trade and has decent accuracy, but as a boxing fan you have to cringe at this shit. He's displaying no defense, dropping his hands and taking shots he doesn't need to take so he can mug his opponents. Again, I get why people like MMA but this just lacks finesse.

t. Conor

youtu.be/WDc3vKREhfM

>observation
>patience
>quick and incisive hits
>counters

This.

I grew up in Miami in some real fucking ghetto women sucking dick for crack areas. Street fighting always ends with a gun being pulled, one person getting jumped by like 10 people, felony battery, or in many cases attempted murder or even sometimes fucking murder charges.

Stay om /heem/ kids and keep telling yourself MUH mma works in MUH street fight.
None of you have been in either. If you had you wouldn't be equating a combat SPORT to a STREET fight.

>tl;Dr leave your basement once your balls drop and realize how stupid you are.

Boxing finesse.

They arent boxing

Is that hard to understand?

What's going on here? No one wants to make the first move because of countering.

Nope, but a street fight is too full of unknowns to think you're in a fucking MMA ring

If you're smart, you'll be kicking the guy in the balls and dropping him as quick as you can

Not trying to wrestle and choke him out, you petulant child

>aspie

No one over the age of 18 says aspie and if they do, they spend entirely too much time on the board we are all posting on.

Keep exposing yourself dude. You are fundamentally incapable of speaking like a grown man because you are a little boy and it shows in every autistic reaction you have toward me.

They're two different sports, and even if they were the same all individual fighters are always going to be different in their own way.
I enjoy both boxing & MMA.

apples are better than oranges. prove me wrong.

>protip: OP's a fucking imbecile.

No one is actually dumb enough to randomly get into fights with people in shitholes other than you

Obviously if someone pulls a gun it doesnt mean you go for a single leg

Sure as hell doesnt mean you square up and try to shoulder roll through bullets either

That doesnt mean MMA isnt more practical fighting

Kek'd I like provocation but this is too much imo, he just looks stupid.

Obviously if you fucking dummy. What does that have to do with MMA not being more natural fighting?

You dont fucking go in a southpaw stance either with a guy holding a broken bottle

Uh.. no, I do understand it. I just don't agree with your interpretation of the word eloquent, nor do I feel it's the appropriate adjective to ascribe to those specific actions. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just because someone disagrees with your description of something doesn't mean they don't understand or appreciate it in their own way.

You sound like such a fucking manchild

>That doesnt mean MMA isnt more practical fighting
Nobody said that.
But it's not because it is practical fighting that it is fit to be a sport.

my grandpa was a pro boxer back in the day, and when I showed him mma for the first time (he originally thought it was gay as fuck), he said "wow I wish we had this when I was younger, it always pissed me off how I couldn't throw elbows"

where you from, homie? Liberty City? Little Haiti? Overtown? i lived in Hialeah for a while and it was never that bad over there. sure, there are some dumb ass thugs around, but you could avoid them. i moved to downtown/edgewater when i finally made some bank after some years in ft lauderdale.

>im right youre wrong even though i clearly know nothing of grappling

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but just because someone disagrees with your description of something doesnt mean they dont understand or appreciate it in their own way

Then whining about real life situations is irrelevant and this conversation is stupid

Carol City
Opa Locka
Lived in Little Haiti till I was 10

Spent time in TGK

Ironically enough live in Ft Lauderdale now.

no, I understand that they're not, but that wasn't my point. Boxing is often more artful, while MMA is generally less so. And that's great in its own way, since it caters to people who enjoy brawling, sprawling and knockouts. Nothing wrong with that. To each his own.

Apparently not since you're obviously forcing non-existant narratives then complaining about someone else's perception of things

What a pretentious load of shit

>>
ha. i worked in an Opa Locka warehouse for a summer. Little Haiti gets whack. i only swing by there for Churchill's. never been to Carol City but it's reputation is well known in the 305.

when i moved up to ft lauderdale, it was quite the change of pace. the city's cleaner, the people nice, etc. might move back up if i find a good job up there.

>fit to be a sport
That's entirely subjective m8

Yeah, that's true. I wasn't saying that they're the same thing or anything. I'm just saying I prefer boxing because you usually don't end up seeing shit like that (mugging, lack of defense, etc.) — there's a greater show of sportsmanship. I get how some people don't really care as much about that as I do, and I think MMA definitely appeals to that crowd. Nothing wrong that. People like what they like.

>sportsmanship is prolonging your opponents brain damage

Ft Lauderdale can be gutter in some parts. I lived in sistrunk for a bit before I got a real job.

I saw a dude get put in a coma across the street from the Swap Shop. Lauderhill is pretty awful too.

But Broward is generally nicer than dade. Has just as many drugs though.

100% people only go into boxing because they're afraid of getting a shin to the chin

As I said earlier, MMA don't have a Noble aura yet.

Also even if it is a tiny thing, fighting in a "cage" is not as glorious as on a "ring"
A cage is for animals, a ring is for athletes and entertainers.

>Noble aura of boxing
that's mainly something you associate with boxing, I don't think boxing has a "noble aura" to it at all

>choking
it's a part of the sport
it's also often much less damaging to the fighter getting choked than a knockout
that's as nonsensical as saying that you don't like boxing because you have a problem with uppercuts

Boxing fans are pretentious aspies that have never fought in their lives

Canada go home you had too much syrup on your pancakes.

You sound like a pussy

Dude I destroyed you already you're underaged leave this board.

This is what Im talking about

You are such a little pussy, its adorable

You literally sound like a fucking 12 year old

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to establish how you believe I know nothing about grappling given any of my previous statements in this reply thread. I haven't expressed any opinions on grappling that show a lack of understanding, so I'm guessing you're just inferring that based on my statement that grappling in general isn't "eloquent." What you're failing to understand is that the term is subjective. One person can find something eloquent, while another person views it as gauche.

That said, I never said you were wrong in your view that it's eloquent, just that I don't believe that's the term I would use to describe it. It's not a "you're wrong, I'm right" proposition, but you're certainly trying to make it one. Maybe just relax and realize not everyone is trying to argue with you.

You literally are a 12 year old.

Somebody ordered pancakes I just sip the sizzurp

You basically marginalized grappling to dodging tackles

Thats stupid and a fraction of it

I think its eloquent and you come off as some pretentious shit telling me im wrong while saying i should be mindful of others opinions

Free Gucci Mane
RIP Pimp C

okay, you made me chuckle.

TYBG

My lack of elaboration does not equate to a failure to understand — I honestly didn't want to type out every aspect of the MMA clinch/ground game — but if it makes you feel any better, I'll just let you keep believing that I'm clueless.