Reminder that shifting is killing baseball

Reminder that shifting is killing baseball

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwdkLhmh2uY
m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v494501983/ari-lad-d-backs-employ-shift-to-turn-odd-4-6-3-dp
youtube.com/watch?v=XM9HBJ8TiTY
youtube.com/watch?v=7DBm1wARasU
youtube.com/watch?v=GhlB1mqh1hE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what in the fuck, that's not real
that can't be real

>yfw they got the out on that play

nice """""sport""""""

I don't usually watch baseball, so can someone explain what the fuck am I looking at?

youtube.com/watch?v=YwdkLhmh2uY

Yeah, they did it against Adrian Gonzales because he can't not hit it there. Here's another shift where the 3rd basemen turns the double at 2nd.

m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v494501983/ari-lad-d-backs-employ-shift-to-turn-odd-4-6-3-dp

The batter is a giant faggot and can only hit in one direction. Thus, the infield lines up to get the out. Unfortunately, people shit on the infield for playing smart instead of the batter.

Aw, guess it wasn't Adrian. But still, the Dodgers need a hitting coach that can teach them how to move the ball around.

Padres going for an rbi. Dude can only pull to the right
Infield lines up to where they know the ball will go
Easy out

Aw, wasn't even the dodgers. I can't remember a fucking thing today, or apparently watch a youtube video correctly.

If the dude had just bunted he'd have had an easy squeeze run.

It was a SD batter

Isn't that Adrian Gonzalez playing first? lol

should have just bunted

No, shitty ballplayers who cant hit to all fields getting paid 20 million a year are though.

>complain when you hit the ball straight at a fielder who is positioned traditionally
>complain when you hit the ball straight at fielder who moved right to the spot you always hit it to
This whole fucking thing is stupid. Do golfers continue hitting the same shot on every hole or when they add a bunker or change the fairway? No, they ADJUST. Baseball players are autistic

dodgers fag here I remeber that met stealing first to third in the playoffs because we meme shifted

This

If anything shifts shake the game up and make them more interesting. Nothing like seeing a slow power-hitting 1st baseman push a bunt down the third base line. If they want the shift to stop happening and stop caring so much about their cash grabbing power numbers they would do this every time the shift is on and bat .500 and the shift would stop. But no, because >muh home runs!!

The usually use it against guys who never bunt or are slow as fuck.
>BUT HE HITS THE BALL HARD
Its like a guy who fucks a 3/10 prostitute and brags about it like doesn't matter had sex lol. An out is an out

meme hitters who get rekt by shifting don't belong in the major league.

The next generation of ball players are going to be more well rounded and have skills like bunting and not being a fat shit.
>hopefully

this

>can only hit the ball one way

>WHY ARE THEY DEFENDING IT???

who covered third?

Say a batter sucks at hitting a specific pitch type or location, or against a lefty or righty. Nobody complains when they use those things against him.

100% correct. I will take the shift all day long. At least it's not a perversion of the sport like the DH.

Shit, I'll bet the OP wants a DH for every defensive position. More exciting, you know!

The intentional walks that Bonds saw at the height of his career were still bullshit though. Legal, but as pussy as the day is long.

probably the left fielder was playing shallow

DH > pitchers failing at batting

I agree. Everyone in baseball should know how to lay a good bunt down the third base line. If you put something that rolls all the way to second base, no one will get it until you've made it clear to first.

I don't even understand how bunting is even hard for some people. It's literally the easiest thing to do at the plate. I was slow as shit when I played but I still would drop a bunt down the third base line if I saw the third baseman playing deep and beat it out for a hit. I was really good at it placing it perfectly somehow, Idk. But what the fuck? These are "Major leaguers" and they can't even do this shit? I don't get it man

Its hard for them because they never practice it growing up. Sluggers have never been asked to drop down a sac bunt or bunt for a base hit. Its like big guys in basketball sucking at free throws

Whats worse, a player who can't bunt/ hit to the opposite field OR a pitcher who can't field his position?

This, desu

>they don't pay me no 20 million dollars to hit no singles

Looks like they could have turned 2 if they tried.

>that catcher double clutch autism
This is a catcher thing, it's a legit tic. Some of them get it so severe it ends their career.

Also, Vinny is one of the last great sports announcers not on the radio. I hate Cuckifornia but I'm kinda jelly. At lest Merril Reese is still alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=XM9HBJ8TiTY
youtube.com/watch?v=7DBm1wARasU
youtube.com/watch?v=GhlB1mqh1hE

what is this supposed to prove? some pitchers can hit home runs? are you trying to argue that pitchers provide more offensive WAR to a team than a DH based on some Youtube montages? literally makes 0 sense

can someone explain this tactic? i like baseball but i don't know rules so advanced this could make any sense to me.

statistical analysis reveals that a vast majority of the time a player hits the ball in that direction, especially when a particular pitch is used. so the team shifts the players to that direction so that there are no gaps and has the pitcher throw pitches in such a way that the ball goes there.

The batter can't poke the ball through the left because he isn't very good

So they line up where he is gonna hit the ball

They track the tendencies of where certain batters are more likely to hit the ball, and in this situation, a ball hit to the outfield likely would have won the game, so they shifted someone into a shift that was already in place.

its calleda shift. the batter is a power hitter and pulls everything to that side of the field. they shift all the infielders to that side of the field. not really anything in the rules about it.

>having a position that only hits makes sense
>having a roided beast who doesn't have to play defense makes sense
Okee famalam. Enjoy your fan pandering.

designated fielder when

Once they get the designated shitting streets

XD

I'm a fan of an NL team and don't like the DH, I was just saying linking to Youtube montages of pitchers hitting HRs makes no sense

>pitchers failing at batting
>shows pitchers not failing at batting
>makes no sense
for you

>I don't understand statistics: the post

Just because some members of a population can do something some times does not mean that that population as a whole is good at something

I'm not going to argue with you if you don't understand that. Pitchers have their moments but are not statistically good hitters

Literally nothing wrong with this.

It's called analysis, not difficult to impliment. If you wanna just have muh pitcher and muh batter with fixed muh fielders, go watch some shit rounders or softball game.

One of the few attractive things about baseball is statistics, and how to exploit situations.

By that logic black people are all great because some are accomplished doctors and CEOs

Those walks to Bonds were as much a fuck you to Bonds as they were strategy, I'm convinced

>P-PLEASE WATCH OUR SPORT MR BIG STRONG WOG LET ME TRIP OVER MYSELF IN MY RUSH TO BE THE FIRST TO REPLY TO YOU WITH A WALL OF TEXT EXPLAINING AN EASILY GOOGLED QUESTION

Faggot

>LE U R LE FAGET XD XD

>LE FUG LE GRIG :D:DDDD

proof that cricket is superior

A bunt between 2nd and 3rd would have scored like 2 runs

You are and you're criticizing people for answering a question and being helpful and having a normal, civil conversation, while Yuros line up just to bash Americans with multiple responses to the same guy for no reason

Pitcher would've fielded it and the left fielder was covering third

No it won't because guys who can get defended like this won't even make the league anymore, then you won't see such a "horrible insult to 'The Game'".

the NL will keep the sanctity of real baseball alive.

It's not autism m8, it's straight up arrogance.

Instead of going for the sure hit, they go for the dinger, fail and look like dumbasses.

Then they, and their equally retarded fans complain about shifts.

>Your batter sucks dick and can't hit the ball into the outfield or to the left side of the field
>Defense decides to exploit this suckiness.
I fail to see the problem here.

In comparison, all black people are greater than you.

Bore ball should be on alt and not sp. Why the fuck wouldn't the batter just swing earlier?