Metro thread

Does your city have a metro system? How is it?

Here metro has only 2 lines, it's not nearly enough for Warsaw, hopefully they are expanding it.

It's pretty convenient though, I don't imagine using buses only and constantly be stuck in traffic

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OECD_regions_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
demap.info/tetsudonow/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, yet it is on pic related

Yes, and it's pretty neat. 5th line will be added soon

your picrelated is wrong on so many levels

It's ok.
I don't use it often, but it certainly is better than buses.

>Hamburg has 4 lines
>Warsaw just only got the 2nd one

3rd worlders:
>Look! We got metro! Fuck buses and cars, haha! You mirin?

Developed countries:
>We got a functioning transportation system that involves buses as well as metro and trains and other stuff. Nobody really cares if he takes a underground choochoo or not, as everything is fast and reliable.

>he thinks Warsaw is comparable to Hamburg
laugthing_girls.tiff

what do you mean by that

You can't compete with this, Jakub

This is the map of Rotterdam. Blaak in the middle of the map, is exactly the spot from where the city started to expand 750 years ago.

>Pernis

>Bernis

>not one, but two loops that that to almost all other metro lines
For what purpose?

*that connect

Sorry, we just only have such a simple metro system.

It seems more attractive than it really is.

Warsaw has only very little less GDP per capita than Hamburg

Poland is piss poor but somehow Warsaw manages to pull off ~$69k GDP per capita (PPP). It doesn't obviously mean that Varsovians are as rich as Hamburgians, not at at all but we certainly can afford more metro lines than just 2.

I want a dutch qtπ for my pernis

So, that circle is the center of the Russian power?

Saint Petersburg has the deepest metro system in the world (around 80 meters deep) which is because it was built on a marshland

>tfw I might have a Dutch qt3.14 but she hasn't responded to me for a few days after we made out for hours and held hands
life is a bitch.

For effective connection between 2 lines crossing in centre?

The third line is to be added soon.

Jokes aside Warsaw is a nice city and would really be worth a better subway system. Hamburg has double the GDP btw. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OECD_regions_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

sucks, Brudi

Yep, it sucks.

Line 1 is working
Line 2 is under construction
Line 3 construction works will start soon.

yuge

The only city in New Zealand that has one is Auckland. The Auckland one is okay but it's not really big enough.

Wellington has light rail that comes in from the outer suburbs though, but not a proper metro system. New Zealand is just too car centric and too small for it to be successful.

It's kind of funny that the Paris Metro is easier to use than the British one.

Best in the world is Hong Kong though. No contest. Their equivalent of an "oyster card" works for Buses, Trams, Ferries and the Metro.

>A FUCKING FORK

Here's the system map:

And here's what it looks like in the Loop

>Brit-o-mart

oyster cards work on buses, trams and the metro here

>Light rail
Shig

yes

Tokyo
Map of all railroads
The train can see movement
-------------------------------------------
demap.info/tetsudonow/

Its okay, have some issues sometime but its manageable.

we just have our ol' trusty urban railway, it's really comfy

saõ paulo metro is the most crowded insane metro I've ever experienced

unbelievable amount of people in the tunnels and train cars on a normal morning daily commute

Hamburg has four U-Bahn (subway) lines which belong to a private company and are actually above the ground most of the time, and it has three S-Bahn (city rail) lines which belong to Deutsche Bahn.

Holy shit. I never thought I would actually see a metro map worse than toronto's

ah and maybe that's the shortest metro

as do contactless cards

supposedly what it's meant to look like after all the developments finish. a lot of people complain about it, but it'll get better and aussies complain too much about shit anyway.

Rush hours is pretty hellish really, but where it isn't.

Does you city have a tram, boat, metro and bus system?

> Oslo
Yes

Also some of these are wrong. Bergen doesnt have a metro, but a tram system.

>birmingham
we have a 1 line tram and trains :I

the company that own the paris subway/bus/tram/ferries also own several subsidiaries in london. check london united as an exemple.

the downside is the said company stop focusing on it's core transport system and use the money to own and build shit around the world, unless it's about fraud, controllers are everywhere.

MENTIONED

>tfw It won't get better for at least a decade because we just keep funneling people through the yellow line
>We've been bitching about maps and Scarborough instead of doing something about it
>Lmao let's build a light rail to Humber College fuck the West & East ends

I hate this meme city sometimes