Tennis General - Classy Wawa edition

Muta Madrid Open 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_OYcZSlKD48?t=48s
youtu.be/SW4T4g4mmUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Novak vs Raonic is in two (2) hours edition

>/teen/

Third for Roland garros 3x3=9 + the 1 at the end of my post number.

For RAFA

Oh fuck

Man I cant wait to see how hard Milos will get btfo this time.

Won 2 games on a fast outdoor hardcourt.

Clay court which is much slower and suits bot. It's gonna be bad.

real thread where

Don't bully Spain. It's his first time.

Djokovicwinslol

>/teen/
what did he mean by this?

No idea m8

>Teen

What did Rafa mean by this?

Milos wins a game. Djoker is finished.

These Spanish ball girls man

Milos already has more points than last time.

I bet they picked the most attractive ball-girls again. These model ball girls backfired but no can blame them if they are halfway competent.

It begins

>milose

>model tier ball girls
*unzips*

>tfw your country has so few tennis players that you voluntarily are watching a doubles quaterfinal of a masters tournaments on a friday night

GO KONTINEN/PEERS

AND THEN THEY FUCKING LOOSE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You will never know the feel of your countryman winning your home slam.

Which players are most likely gay?

My vote goes to Milos

Back in 2014 I got to see Jarkko Nieminen win the Helsinki challenger. That felt pretty good

Nadal

Nah, he's too autistic to bee gay. Xisca probably has to remind him when it's time for sex.

berdych

i know that literally every other person has said it already
but holy shit, the ballgirls...

Fed first round against Zverev/Dmitrov, and second round potentially against Thiem. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles new guys

IF he doesn't retire again that is.

I'm not a fan, makes it hard to focus on the tennis, keep thinking about all the girls that rejected me.

>that Milo's shank

Jesus Christmas man get it together

Plus they pretty much said fuck you to the ugly ballkids that tried their best. This should be about rewarding them.

Novak reminds me of an ostrich

Tbh being a model is actually a pretty tough life. I live in ny and it's nowhere near as glamorous as it sounds.

No pity from me. Attractive women are better off doing a normal job as they will always get some sort of favour as long as they are not completely shit at what they do.

Bernardes trying to steal the show again.

Ball women tbqh

I dont think Im the only one who thinks this

Anyone catch that guy yawning when Djokovic was bouncing the ball?

Bot on suicide watch

Fuck I gotta admit Djokovic is pretty impressive

I'm kinda starting to dislike him less for some reason

>bot double fault on match point

rare flag

Welp at least it wasn't such a blowout.

rihanna is a regular tennis poster, novak

>a fucking trident

Thanks Rafa, but
why so formal haha

Is tennis big in Serbia nowadays?

Well we got Djokovic who is basically the only bright spot in our country nowadays, so yes kinda

As a sport, still no, maybe a little

But it's a perfect entertainment for a nation without jobs, new tournaments every few days and Nole shitting all over everyone, it really gives you something to look forward. Even my grandma who does nothing knows all masters where Djokovic plays in a year

you still got mediterranean beaches...

wait, nvm

No that's the Crobros

Is it me or does Djoko look more muscular?

Could be. Not impossible that he wanted to add some power by bulking up a bit. He was getting really skinny before.

>But it's a perfect entertainment for a nation without jobs, new tournaments every few days and Nole shitting all over everyone, it really gives you something to look forward. Even my grandma who does nothing knows all masters where Djokovic plays in a year
This is pretty beautiful. I picture poor people with little to be happy about sitting in cafés with their war veteran friends watching an old school low fi television cast of Djockovic winning the US open, and being happy because of it

I have always thought of Novak of someone no one likes who only brings misery, but for Serbs that's not the case

>This is pretty beautiful. I picture poor people with little to be happy about sitting in cafés with their war veteran friends watching an old school low fi television cast of Djockovic winning the US open, and being happy because of it

This is actually very close to truth

Nah, I loved Djoko when he was up and coming, up to like 2013 he was very likeable since he wasn't the main man. Played so aggressive as well. One of my favourite points ever is him smacking Federers match point serve for a winner and then playing to the crowd.

Do Serbs still hate Federer?

>This is actually very close to truth
No it's not shut the fuck up

what is going on on here?

Nobody normal hates anybody. Maybe some don't like him because he often talks shit bout Djoko, but he has the right as the current GOAT, so I don't mind

Civil war

> I picture poor people with little to be happy about sitting in cafés with their war veteran friends watching an old school low fi television cast of Djockovic winning the US open, and being happy because of it
Jesus. Now I am going to feel bad for grandma Petrovic when Novak loses.

haha that was probably the single most badass moment in tennis. he was like, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" fucking love that moment.

youtu.be/_OYcZSlKD48?t=48s

Lmaooo Caribbean with the bants

>he often talks shit bout Djoko

He only talked shit about his retirements back in the day. I don't think they've had any animosity for a long time.

>One of my favourite points ever is him smacking Federers match point serve for a winner and then playing to the crowd.
That is undeniably one of the greatest sporting moments. I watched tennis actively as a kiddo from around 2004-2010, and then from 2013/4 I have been following it closely again. Anyway when I was younger I mainly followed Jarkko Nieminen, so Djockovic kinda flew under the radar for me. I remember him as the guy who beat Tsonga in the 2008 AO final more than the guy who broke the Nadal/Fed dominance

What the fuck. Are you me?

probably

Awesome point yeah!
You can argue that he got lucky, and it was a lucky shot, but all best points in any sport are "lucky" shots. Hitting that three-point in the last second, scoring that touchdown, making that return.
Takes skill and courage to be lucky

Go to bed Tyler Durden

yeah he was lucky, no doubt. he even said it in the post-match interview. but to be able to hold your nerves like that at such a crucial point is fucking badass
"fortune favours the bold"

M-Mikko Pensanen? Are you me?

Anyone else notice Nadal level of play dropping back to 2015 form? Shallow returns, loads of forehand errors...

He was just upset by the rain delay. At least he didn't choke the match like Federer always does after a rain or firework delay.

no

For the past couple of matches i've been seeing cracks of his JUST form, though

well be sure to tune in tomorrow when he unJUSTS himself against muzza

Well yeah I have to agree with you somewhat. Nadal is not going to be the clinical clay rapist that he was ten years ago. We'll just have to accept his current level and hope he doesn't fall back to his 2015 form.

can't tell if Carribean bants or you actually have emphaty for the Serbian people
they are used to it
SO what is it like then, do average people own HD TVs?
It's funny Serbs have always been one of the people I have consistently hated.
>you started the first world war
>you genocided people and seem proud of it
>you seem like a bunch of racist fucks

But your comment about how unemployed Serbians get to feel happy about Novak marks the first time I've felt empathy for Serbs or Serbia in general

Isn't it beautiful how the internet brings people closer :>)

Madrid is high altitude, meaning the ball moves faster etc. which is worse for Nadull who likes to defend until the opponent gets dehydrated

I think we can see Nadal's 2015 the same as Federer's 2013. He will get back some of his form, but he will never be the same again :(

>You will never again see Robin Söderling ballbash past Nadal and then here him complaining after losing
>you will never again see the fresh Roland Garros champion get blown off court by Lukas Rosol

The loses are never gonna be as sweet as they once were

>It's funny Serbs have always been one of the people I have consistently hated.
that's pretty low bro

I don't want to get into stupid Sup Forums arguments on Sup Forums, but people here live normal lives, and nobody hates anything and is proud of genocide, you've just been fed propaganda and examples of selected few.
There's class differences, there's poor people, rich people, idiots and normal people.
But it's like that in every country.

>the state of Finnish tennis

How fucking hard can it be to produce a single top 100 ATP pro?

Fuck

>It's funny Serbs have always been one of the people I have consistently hated
It's nothing personal bro. There are so many countries in the world that I cant know good things about all of them. For Serbia I simply only know negative things so I reduce the entire country as being bad.

In the same way ofc I realize it's an entire country filled with good people and bad people like most countries. I just had never had a positive thought about Serbia. Your country has some PR problems

You know I recently read a book about the start of the first world war. Serbian nationalism was pre war pretty bad and you killed some Albanians or something, pretty rude desu

But alas we are all the same flesh, bones and blood no matter where we are born

youtu.be/SW4T4g4mmUY

Pretty funny, I feel players like Rafa, DelPotro would be much funnier if English was fluent.

>tfw Kontinen is really talented
he has a knee that keeps exploding, I'm reduced to watching doubles, which is boring af

Kontinen would be a much better singles player

Kontinen could've been a top 20 singles player desu

anyone else think the 3 underdogs tomorrow might be undervalued?

i wouldnt be saying this if it was rome or roland garros, but at altitude in madrid i think the conditions actually help both murray/nishikori and cibulkova, and i dont trust 2016 halep or nadal in this spot.

desu picked all 6 favs today and it was a boring 6-0 (nice fight by milos tho, wtf nadal, wtf kei, etc tho), kinda feeling cheeky about tomorrow.

bot probably still wins regardless

Bot wins. Muzza wins.

Rafa looked shaky today and Andy will take advantage of that.

it hurts so much to think about it

He beat Mannarino and Bautista Agut even tho they were like three years older. He would be so good on grass ;_;

so we would have another exciting Murray vs Djockovic final?

Andy is improving on clay desu, he could take Djoko.

i dont think either of them would be giving a+ in that match

andy not gonna put all his cards on the table and joker not gonna redline till paris. it might end up being worse than usual, but andy could actually win