So what now?

So what now?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/premier-league-2015-2016-betting-odds-chelsea-arsenal-manchester-united-liverpool-2022294
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ibtimes.com/premier-league-2015-2016-betting-odds-chelsea-arsenal-manchester-united-liverpool-2022294

they were only 2000/1 odds

WE GO AGAIN

DEFEND THE TITLE

Win the Champions League next year right?

Lestah win the Champions League and get relegated

Palace win the Europa League and get relegated

Arsenal finish 4th and end up getting cucked out of a CL spot.

anyone going to risk a fiver on leicester winning the champions league? if they were playing instead of man city against real madrid, they probably could have won and progressed to the finals.

not really expecting them to get beyond the round of 16, but could be worth a punt.

Become a part of the new Big 4 and a regular Champions League semi finalist.

CHAMPION'S LEAGUE MAN
DILLY DING DILLY DONG COME ON

the odds increased to 5000/1 shortly after that

isnt it a lot easier to focus on winning the league when you have no european play to worry about? not saying they're guaranteed to flounder in either competition next season since I don't know shit about that, but they've got a bigger challenge to face now that the bar's been raised, right?

Yeah but if they are smart in the transfer window and add good depth to the squad they can be fine.

cl title la

do people actually want to play for them, or is that pundits just buying in to the underdog hype? I mean, I would think that if you were a top-class talent and were looking for a champions league-tier side to transfer to, you'd want to guarantee as much as possible that that club is reliable as possible to make the most of it, right?

so far, leicester's run is still a fluke in the big picture, the opposite of the status quo. yeah, they earned what they got, but it doesn't actually become a trend until they can keep it up and do consistently well for several years in a row. until then, it would seem like top transfer targets would pick other, established teams before them. not that they won't get any of course, but I doubt they'd be most players' top priority unless leicester was throwing around tons of unreasonably high fees.

wait, DO they have piles of cash to burn? that would help.

not got a source but most people seem to be quoting that they have made ~200m this year not including merchandise sales etc. They're healthier than your average premier league side and that's saying something.

Everton

sounds good

is awful

revenue or profit? I don't know squat about finances in this sport but if that's just revenue, that sounds rather underwhelming for the champions of the most prominent league of the most popular sport in the world. even if that's profit, I would think they could do better.

Spend wisely.

What even happens if a team wins the CL while getting relegated? Do they still get a CL spot?

Leicester will not be buying world class players. They'll buy lesser known players of quality. It's got them this far.

That's some unprecedented stuff.

so the long term goal is what, then? stay just relevant enough, even at the cost of no continental play down the line, but stay in the top half of the table? make the most of what you can get but don't go for broke with high-risk high-reward spending decisions? I mean that's a pretty smart way to solidify the gains they've made from the position they're in now, but are they satisfied with that? it seems all too easy to get drunk on the view from the top of the mountain that you don't want to leave it.

>risk a fiver

Fuck that, I'm going to put 1000 pounds on them winning UCL.

Yes.

>Fuck that, I'm going to put 1000 pounds on them winning UCL.
google says thats 66 to 1 odds, not nearly as awesome as 5000 to 1 but still not bad

They'll probably aim to solidify themselves as a top 6 team over the next few yrs.

Next, you sell Kante to PSG and Mahrez to United or Arsenal.

You realize your CBs are only fit for old age homes and you don't have replacements ready.

Drinky, Simpson, Albrighton and the rest return to the normal playing level shown over their careers.

You realize a 30 year old striker can no longer rely on pure pace to score goals, and no one tried to buy Vardy for good reasons.

You realize your Thai billionaire owners never really gave the club much money in the past, and in fact are making a handsome profit. You realize they are not giving Grandpaw Claudio 50 million in the transfer window.

You cry yourself to sleep knowing the dream is finished next week, and then you will return to fighting relegation season after season, losing and being destroyed by the Big Teams.

t. United bandwaggoner

Become the new Forest and win every possible trophy

JUST

or...

Another season of ebic /lifelongxD/ memes and old farts pretending to be actual lifelong's.

West Ham Bandwagon, thank you, E15 3AS.

Want to refute any of my points? They are all valid and obvoous, objectively.

I believe that's the amount of increased revenue they'll get from playing in the Champions' League, increased merchandise revenue and so on. That doesn't account for the money they would have already been expecting from the Premier League TV rights next year.

Mahrez, Kante and all the boys are staying lad

Hazard, Chicharito and Stones coming in. 60million for all I reckon

Their style of play and results will change significantly. UEFA detects the fat burners that the Premier League can't detect.

You are a nazi.

\thread

You know how to tell a player is leaving? The club starts announcing the player wants to stay, will sign a new contract.....but the player doesn't say anything publicly.

That is the club pressuring the player to stay because they think he is leaving.

Now, go read what the club said about Mahrez, and notice he has been silent.

Dumb frogposter

Oh yeah? Well you're a roodypoo and a candy-ass

>Next, you sell Kante to PSG and Mahrez to United or Arsenal.
Mahrez has said to the owner he wants to stay, which will likely convince Kante to stay too.

>You realize your CBs are only fit for old age homes and you don't have replacements ready.
They've already signed a center back from Sporting Gijon though.

>Drinky, Simpson, Albrighton and the rest return to the normal playing level shown over their careers.
The likes of Simpson and Albrighton aren't having blinding seasons, they're just playing in a great team that functions very well. Drinkwater has had a break out season and there's no reason to believe he won't carry this form into next year.

>You realize your Thai billionaire owners never really gave the club much money in the past, and in fact are making a handsome profit. You realize they are not giving Grandpaw Claudio 50 million in the transfer window.
Nobody thinks Leicester are gonna be spending dozens of millions. They'll go for smart, economical transfers as they've done before.

Yes, they do. Both Birmingham and Wigan played in the Europa League whilst in the Championship.

>as they've done before

You mean like splashing 9 million pounds on Ulloa? Or another million on a certain non-league player named Vardy? Yeah it all worked out with him in the end, but that was no where near what anyone would call a "smart, economical transfer". It was a gamble that somehow worked out. As for Ulloa he still looks and plays like a fucking donkey.

you still look and play like donkey you fucking bitch FIGHT ME

Every team has transfer failures m8. It's inevitable. Wouldn't even call Ulloa one. That'd be more suited to Benalouane. You see a team like Arsenal and they never sign anyone because Wenger is terrified it might not turn out right. You have to run that risk. But Leicester have a good hit to miss ratio.

Do you realize that United for example went from 42 games last season (no CL, early cup exits) to 59 games this season (CL, cup runs)?

If you don't spend big on transfers, you will not have players for all of those months of 2 games per week.

I don't think people realize that Leicester had more rest than any team in the top 8, allowing the same lineup every week, with no injuries. Unless they bomb out of all cups early next season, they are fucked without a much larger squad.

Yes, for a trade. They will shock a few traktor fc outfits.

like 99% of winners you fade away

>short term

Drink a lot of booze and fuck a lot of women

>mid term

Get one or two bad motherfuckers to team up with Vardy boy on his drink-and-training combo. Felipe Melo is a great choice.

>long term (like next season term)

Fuck everyone up again...

>b-but mahrez will leave
>b-but kante will leave
>b-but they have n-no money
>b-but they're a small club
>b-but champions league will make them spread talent and lose the PL

I think you guys underestimate just how many new fans they've made this year. They'll be fucking swimming in money from merch and tv. Who the fuck wanted to watch a Leicester game last year? This year I guarantee every single one in the second half of the season was the most viewed game of each week. The clubs get bonuses for that. All this memery will give them enough money to become a """"big""""" club. None of the big players will leave, why the fuck would they? They're part of history right now. They will be able to buy depth to handle both CL and PL, though maybe not enough to do extremely well in both. The meme was so enormous that I honestly feel like it's enough to propel Leicester in to the "big six" for life.

ABL is a mental illness.

It's essential to their teamwork. A world class player with a big ego would ruin that.

>You cry yourself to sleep knowing the dream is finished next week, and then you will return to fighting relegation season after season, losing and being destroyed by the Big Teams.
lolno

Lestah can get relegated from the Football League after 4 years and the fans won't care. It won't take their Premier League trophy away from them. What the team has done this season is more than what they've ever asked for.

Mahrez and Vardy get poached and the perils of capitalism in sports fuck Lester over

Realistic scenario:
- Vardy
Leicester do not need money. No club (MU maybe) is willing to pay 29yrs old striker at 50-60M. At the end, Vardy and Leicester will resolve the salary increase and Vardy's demand for longer contract years.

Mahrez and Kante.
Hot properties, but horribly priced. Both still have contract 'till 2019. Even, if there is a club who is willing to meet the outrageous price demand, they will ask them to stay for one more season, ala Luis Suarez.

tldr: Leicester will keep most players next season, but whether they still can keep their form is another question.

I know very little about the premier league other than it seems corrupt as fuck.....A team like Leicester City winning the league which has been dominated by the same 4-5 teams forever is the biggest fluke in sports history and nothing will come from it.

Leicester 20 miles down the road from me.
Arsenal fan of 25/26 years.
Glad they beat Sp*rs to it... that would have hurt something chronic.

>Give new contract to starting XI
>Buy 1-2 new striker to rotate
>Midfield already good
>Buy reserve fullback and CB to rotate
>Buy reserve GK

They keep everyone except Kante, finish 2nd in their CL group, get knocked out by Dortmund in the round of 16, and end up finishing 8th in the league. Mahrez and Schmeicel leave the following summer and they sit in mid table for five or six years slowly falling down the table before getting relegated some time around 2024

Now we can die in peace
Dont know about you lads but Im going king power today, getting absolutely hammered after

>What the team has done this season is more than what they've ever asked for.
Exactly lad. Another win would be fantastic, but Im happy at this point, we've done something incredible, we can drink and die in peace

REMINDER: WES MORGAN WILL TODAY LIFT THE PREMIER LEAGUE TROPHY

REMINDER: GERRARD WILL RETIRE HAVING NEVER WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE

my wife and her son will be at the king power stadium for the celebration ceremony against neverton, i'll be watching from home

>Free beer (again!) from the Chairman
>Free pizza
>Legendary tenor Andrea Bocelli performing pre-match, from Claudio
>Vardy back from suspension
>Leicester lift the trophy at the end

Really wish I knew those genuine lifelong feels lads...

>trying to find another "hidden" gem
>all clubs now are aware of them and set the price higher for their player

England's team?

>it's the subhuman flip manure plastic

I thought you died.

shut up idiot

>you spend your week making a giant penis

I'd say not getting relegated would be a good goal for next season.

>You cry yourself to sleep knowing the dream is finished next week, and then you will return to fighting relegation season after season, losing and being destroyed by the Big Teams.
Every fucking thread like clockwork

As if a real Leicesterfag gives a rats ass about that or would even be crying. They got to see a miracle season that I doubt any of them ever expected in their wildest imaginations. I imagine many of them would have been extremely happy with even a midtable finish in the epl let alone a CL spot LET ALONE winning the whole fucking thing.

They achieved the dream. For real fans I imagine this is far beyond what was ever expected, and even if Leicester got relegated the next four years it would be fine. They got to see their team at the absolute peak and nothing will ever take that memory away.

They won. It's over. Get over it.