Grimes is the only true rebel left in "indie" or "rock." she destroyed the bland rock sound expected of indie...

grimes is the only true rebel left in "indie" or "rock." she destroyed the bland rock sound expected of indie, and became controversial for that reason. she forced everyone to see that the genre of rock was dead, the same way radiohead did with kid a and kanye with 808s. kid a ended up being accepted as an alternative rock album and the sound of the genre in the future ('00s), 808s ended up being accepted as a hip hop album and the sound of the genre in the future (today), but they did that by rejecting and destroying their existing genre. grimes' previous album visions did the same with indie- rejecting and destroying what was expected and replacing it with synth pop. again, it determined the future of the genre. today "indie" may suggest music that sounds like visions more than music like the national or arcade fire.

then with art angels, she rebelled again, this time against the new consensus (which she had popularized) that indie rock = dead. art angels was primarily rock-inspired. grimes rejected guitar in her previous songs, which were dreamy and poppy, but every single song on the first half of AA is guitar driven, and some are aggressive. that's equivalent to how Radiohead removed guitars and rock (their old signature) from most of the first half of Kid A, and Kanye removed rapping (his old signature) on most of 808s.

rock is grimes background, she grew up on metal alt industrial punk, and then she got into the punk scene and she ended up as part of a collective of experimental artists making ambient and noise music. over time, grimes and several of these artists realized that although it's very easy to make mu/core music in their sleep, that kind of indie isn't creative or risky, it's all been done. so these artists began moving toward pop- the kind of sounds that at that time, were rejected by mu, p4k and indie fans. then when a pop sound was finally accepted, grimes rejected it herself to make aggressive rock. true patrician.

your just not intelligent enough

tf bruh i aint readin all that shit lol

i didnt read but very nearly almost decided to listen to grimes after a few sentences

post cute grimes go

your just not intelligent enough

>destroyed the bland rock sound
>by making bland synthpop
This is Marx all over again

Delete this thread and everything else pertaining to this waifugoblin now.

post examples

back up your claims

>art angels was primarily rock-inspired.

Everyone, reading this demented waifuist's words is a waste of your time.

I swear to christ if you faggots think im gonna get tired of coming into these threads and talking about how grimes is literally one of the single worst artists making music right now you're wrong as fuck I will keep doing this for fucking years

no, it's because grimes is the only true rebel left in "indie" or "rock." she destroyed the bland rock sound expected of indie, and became controversial for that reason. she forced everyone to see that the genre of rock was dead, the same way radiohead did with kid a and kanye with 808s. kid a ended up being accepted as an alternative rock album and the sound of the genre in the future ('00s), 808s ended up being accepted as a hip hop album and the sound of the genre in the future (today), but they did that by rejecting and destroying their existing genre. grimes' previous album visions did the same with indie- rejecting and destroying what was expected and replacing it with synth pop. again, it determined the future of the genre. today "indie" may suggest music that sounds like visions more than music like the national or arcade fire.

then with art angels, she rebelled again, this time against the new consensus (which she had popularized) that indie rock = dead. art angels was primarily rock-inspired. grimes rejected guitar in her previous songs, which were dreamy and poppy, but every single song on the first half of AA is guitar driven, and some are aggressive. that's equivalent to how Radiohead removed guitars and rock (their old signature) from most of the first half of Kid A, and Kanye removed rapping (his old signature) on most of 808s.

rock is grimes background, she grew up on metal alt industrial punk, and then she got into the punk scene and she ended up as part of a collective of experimental artists making ambient and noise music. over time, grimes and several of these artists realized that although it's very easy to make mu/core music in their sleep, that kind of indie isn't creative or risky, it's all been done. so these artists began moving toward pop- the kind of sounds that at that time, were rejected by mu, p4k and indie fans. then when a pop sound was finally accepted, grimes rejected it herself to make aggressive rock. true patrician.

>cute
>grimes

LUL

how old are you? you seem like you really have no idea what you're talking about. if you like grimes then like grimes, but settle your tits.

the music i listen to is really smart therefore making me original and smart

grimes is the only true rebel left in "indie" or "rock." she destroyed the bland rock sound expected of indie, and became controversial for that reason. she forced everyone to see that the genre of rock was dead, the same way radiohead did with kid a and kanye with 808s. kid a ended up being accepted as an alternative rock album and the sound of the genre in the future ('00s), 808s ended up being accepted as a hip hop album and the sound of the genre in the future (today), but they did that by rejecting and destroying their existing genre. grimes' previous album visions did the same with indie- rejecting and destroying what was expected and replacing it with synth pop. again, it determined the future of the genre. today "indie" may suggest music that sounds like visions more than music like the national or arcade fire.

>LUL
fucking kill yourself

thanks for the new copypasta , saved :^)

Keep this shit up and some autist will end grimes life

Found the autist

Courtesy of russian channel

I wrote the original but I never did any of the copypastas. Pretty sure it is a hater who either doesn't realize the truth of the statements because they have no knowledge of Grimes and therefore finds it hilarious enough to repeat endlessly, or else a hater who doesn't care about whether it's true or not and just wanted the longest pro-Grimes text possible to spam the board with, to antagonize anti-Grimes forces even more so they will ban Grimes fans.

well boys looks like we have a new pasta

She's so pretty here.

Here's a cute Grimes.

dude i have hairy armpits and my hair color is always different i'm such a female rebel lmao

Wow, that really destroyed her.

you're pathetic AND delusional

I wrote the original but I never did any of the copypastas. Pretty sure it is a hater who either doesn't realize the truth of the statements because they have no knowledge of Grimes and therefore finds it hilarious enough to repeat endlessly, or else a hater who doesn't care about whether it's true or not and just wanted the longest pro-Grimes text possible to spam the board with, to antagonize anti-Grimes forces even more so they will ban Grimes fans.

Might just be revolutionary if the music wasn't fucking terrible.