Young thug is a living legend and has cemented himself as top 5 dead or alive. “No...

young thug is a living legend and has cemented himself as top 5 dead or alive. “No, my name is Jeff” is such a colorful project. From the dancehall sounds and caribbean influenced songs to outliers like “harambe”, who might just be song of the year, honestly, thug grabbed a corny white frat boys joke and gave it new energy just by titling this song “harambe”, listening to this song is like shooting redbull into your veins, thugger discovered and charted flow #302 on this one song, it’s essentially a nigga who’s voice is abandoning him just screaming at you but he manages to somehow make it so melodic, fully complemented by unforgettable adlibs. What a way of using your voice as an instrument.

it’s such a happy album too, songs like “pick up the phone” are infectious almost as if the deadliest virus, upon first listen I noticed this album has toned down thug’s inclination for street oriented tracks but this just speaks volumes for his versatility and talent being able to pull off such a seamless transition without sounding inadequate.

on “future swag” thug borrows the “kill bill siren” which has become synonymous with his fellow atlanta native and does, well, what future does but better. The fast firing flow as he spits vulgarities like “lil mama she wet like a boat, she ready for dick in her ass and her throat” with such a formidable delivery you might find yourself reciting these lines in a public space before having to double check yourself upon realizing what it is you’re saying.

Other urls found in this thread:

doomsday519.tumblr.com/post/149519083824/tsunamiwavesurfing-young-thug-is-a-living
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as I’m gallivanting my way through these streets and writing this from the mobile app i glance at my phone and realize I’ve had “guwop” on repeat for 23 minutes, young thug has an unparalleled ear for beats only surpassed by his ability to unlock new flows and melodies and “guwop” is no different. a song in which he clears any misconceptions and reminds you of his street origins with poignant lines such as “the fn will give em a haircut”, he somehow manages to sound vulnerable and repentant with “god, please keep it a cold case, man i don’t want no new friends, forgive me for all of my sins, i don’t wanna think about losing all i wanna do is win”. And the young thug stimulus package effect stretches to those featured in this cut with young scooter sounding as good as ever.

That is young thug, provocative, a phenom reaching new and revisiting old territory but somehow making it a bonanza of fun, tastes and colors all the while elevating those around him and those listening to him. Jeffery is that nigga.

who the fuck is this man!

mega:#!sMJhQIYT!YWGOZRqJYOkTf0OpUw84D_X7ZEMBWg6tffUj9f8OEUc

what a goofball

If you don't like this album you can suck my fuckin dick

*sucks your dick*

My room mate was playing this earlier, didn't even know there was a new release. Everything sounded great right away.

Thank you for reminding me why i only come to Sup Forums to laugh at what people think its good music.
Enjoy that faggot shit.

slime season 3 was a step forward. jeffery is more of the same - nothing new. literally i'm up 2. pretty embarrassing given the hype and rebranding.

>it's a op think's he's better than everyone else episode

My professor told us today our only homework was to listen to Jeffery, and at first I thought he was desperately trying to appeal to the kids.

But I was planning on listening anyways, and I honestly have to agree with OP. Thugger continues to perform in his own lane apart from anyone else, but somehow seamlessly can mold his voice and bars to feature on anyones songs. I usually find his features in albums to be the best tracks (i.e. Gucci's album, Yachty's album, Travis Scott, the list goes on).

People who hate on Thugger are either self proclaimed "real" Hip Hop fans, or people who can't get over their stupid built up masculinity to have some fun with one of this generations most iconic artists.

Alright now I know I'm being trolled, but really how is it? I don't listen to this guy at all, assumed he was complete shit, but his image has caught my interest. He reminds me of Bowie or a Prince, in a way and that's something I find to be very interesting considering his genre. I don't usually listen to music like this but I'm willing to give him a chance.

>He thinks it's a troll

There's no way these guys are serious

I honestly disagree. The vocal inflections and ad-libs are on a completely other level. As for the beats, I'll admit it's nothing groundbreaking, but how different can you really make the typical Atlanta trap beats.

Young Thug is the modern day Prince.

if you think im trolling you havent been following thugs music fr

Thugger is super polarizing. Some people probably will never enjoy his music since they view it as too "silly" or whatever they say. The important thing to understand is that he doesn't take himself very seriously, and neither should we. I don't really know what kind of music you like, so theres a possibility you'll enjoy it, but while I do view Thug as an icon, he sticks pretty close to his Atlanta trap roots. So if you have zero interest in that genre, I'm not sure what you'll think.

fukking kek btw

Thugger thugger is the new edgy mainstream thing to like now huh. I agree, he's very innovative at his age and his sound is definitely unique but I feel like he's getting way more respect than he deserves by these music snobs. I love his music but I love it just as much as I love Gucci Manes or Lil Uzi Verts. He's definitely better than his inspiration future but top 5 dead or alive, I beg to differ.

> better than his inspiration future

>implying that Wayne isn't his biggest inspiration

>his inspiration future
>has a project called barter 6

Well yeah that's true but Thugger said that future is the greatest rapper of our time. He surpassed future awhile ago tho

Someone was watching avatar when conceptualizing their album hmm

source for this pasta:
doomsday519.tumblr.com/post/149519083824/tsunamiwavesurfing-young-thug-is-a-living

link

thugger's seal impression on RiRi was 6/6

DO THE WORK BABY DO THE WORRRRKK

THANKS BRUH

i agree; i enjoyed I'm Up much more than this one

>Wyclef Jean
>RiRi
>Webbie
>Pop Man

This shit is....legitimately good. It's great even.

How does it feel being a hip-hop plebian?

nooooo fucking kek

the only people who don't like thugga are rap dinosaurs

i love that album cover and every image related to it

final boss
final boss halfway point transformation

>generic trap beats
>GET ON A NIGGA DICK
>GIT ON DIS DICK
>LET A NIGGA NUT
>I KILL THESE NIGGAS
Sup Forums you usually have okay taste. What the fuck are you doing?

kek

Harambe is pretty catchy.

>He reminds me of Bowie or a Prince
What he's doing with hip hop is extremely similar to what Prince was doing with pop. No My Name is Jeffrey is a legitimately fantastic album.

what the fuck was he doing with his voice in Harambe? I love it

Fucking this. Is this just a meme or am I not seeing something?

Damn...took me a second. lol

It has a track called Harambe and you're asking if it's a meme

it is a meme

hip-hop is so devoid of any genuine innovation that the first clown who comes around gets praised

Both.

Death Grips has an album with a sharpie-scribbled penis but they're pretty serious.

I can see that. Especially trap.

There's a few artists still making interesting music. Open Mike Eagle, for example.

Setting aside the fact that DG is most certainly a meme, there's nothing particularly memey about a dick with words on it. Google Harambe, and on the first page you will get articles about the Harambe meme and a Know Your Meme page. This is genuine memerap.

totaaaaaaally disagree, jeffery sounds nothing like anything young thug has done before, its his poppiest and catchiest to date

Fuck out of here. Jeffery was on some Barter 6 shit, but even better.

you should check Barter 6 out. The album's barely there production doesn’t so much frame Thug's rapping as it does provide a surface for his words to dance upon, to explore the art of rapping in multiple dimensions: melodically, rhythmically, lyrically, and in terms of composition. His voice glides through the thick absence of sound. He’s responsible for a lot of the songwriting; he knocks out his own hooks, and his writing speaks to his use of phrasing, his backgrounds, the flows he uses, and the way he plays with each song’s internal architecture. On “Halftime,” his car-screech adlibs are elongated—it’s as if a camera panned suddenly from a pinprick of light, causing it to blur—so he can change tones, harmonizing this background yelp with his own main vocals.

Thug's lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Thug’s similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.

>These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability)
One of my personal favorite Thug lines is "I ain't talking shit but I'm ready to shoot some craps" from Memo I think.

Great post, by the way.

It's an ironic copypasta.

this nigga suck dick, I refuse to listen

That's from With Them

more disposable music. you'll be onto something new by next season.

so im pretty sure with the barter 6 people were being forreal but im almost positive people are memeing now. although im sure there's that ONE person that doesn't get it and is being serious in this thread.

he's really gonna do it? he's really gonna come out as gay?

Harambe was a 100% mainstream news story. Only redditors and 4channers immediately associate it with your shitty meme.

fucking. embarrassing.

I guarantee you his fame will expire in 2 years.

Kinda like your life.
Everything from lovestory to academic achievements.

the ppl shittin on jeff r the same ppl who listen to those raspy voiced girls in indie tracks who talk about bein lost in the world n preach about it, foh u fuckin faggots

thugga aka jeff is the incarnation of all that is good in hiphop n trap u fuckin idiots, get educated in this shit before u compare it to the edm bluegrass bullshit u guys listen to

fuckin missin out if anythin

i guaranteee u you'll die a lonely n sad life being a keyboard warrior on a dying board foh bitch