>rapper

kendrick

Jeffrey desu

>yet another storytelling conscious rapper from the West Coast
>innovative

>dad as a teen rock
>still relevant

Yeah I agree with this
I feel like yachty is the exact rapper that Thugger wants to be but is way too pretentious to be as simple

complexity =/= pretentiousness

Innovative rapper?

Hip Hop has been stagnant for a number of years. There's no new ground to cover, so now punks like Yachty aren't even rapping anymore, and they take pride in that fact.

Chief Keef

Complexity=/=innovative

Give an example of complexity not being innovative

Eminem on rap god

prog rock

See

andre 3k?
kendrick?
jeremiah jae?
lil ugly mane?
earl?
future?
ka?
shabazz palaces?
starlito?
ratking?

i mean there is a lot of groups/rappers out there with their own style.

i like young thug don't get me wrong.

anyone

Section 80 and maad city are arguably the most innovative albums of the decade. Unique beats, unique voice and flow, do you even know what innovative means? Because young thug is the opposite he's just a shittier version of lil wayne. Find me a rapper who sounds like kendrick, you can't.

>innovative
>modern

Vocally, I feel like Thug is one of the best out there. He took what Weezy did and improved upon it. He really does have a knack for jumping in and out of different melodies like no one else.

But to say he's the most innovative rap artist would have to mean his beats are innovative too, and that's simply not true. They're above average as far as trap artists go, but nothing ground breaking.

I really cant wrap my head around the fact that you guys actually like young thug

there is none

Underage, nobody over the age of 19 who listens to young thug is allowed to call themselves a rap fan.

listen to jefferey
it's not like it's so good or so bad it's good
and i'm not even that keen on this trap/pop/scat autotune thing
but i listen to it rn and it's putting smile on my face

>I really cant wrap my head around [...] young thug

sorry to hear that mane

Not complex

Garbage meme

Nice deflection

Love how you retards post your weak opinion without proving anything and think anybody gives a fuck

Pink guy

Nice way of replying to the same post twice, faggot

Fucking idiot

noone likes joey bada$$?

Literally who?

>not rich homie quan

that rich gang mixtape was lit senpai

>mumble rap

>Innovative

lol

corniest faggot in the thread right here

hope you're joking fag

The fact someone like Young Thug is considered to be a good rapper just goes to show how laughable rap has become as an art. It's no longer music, it's all about how clever you can string along a sentence about dumb shit like getting blowjobs or having lots of money while laying some beat over it. Also, you have to have to give off an image like you're a gangster and wear flashy shit.

Modern rap takes no talent. I have some respect for Nas or rappers in general that actually rap about substance and are lyrically gifted, but even then it doesn't equate to other genres of music where you actually have to play a god damn instrument.

A younger me would beg to differ, but the older I get, the less and less I see rap as actual music. If an instrument isn't involved coupled with talent, then go fuck yourself. Young Thug is just some drugged up retard that is bought and paid for by white music execs that dumb kids eat up. Nothing more, nothing less.

Holy shit

hopsin

come again?

small unatractive hombre

>meme rap