Aaliyah

I can't believe it's been 15 years since she died. I know this particular group of music fans won't care (or probably don't remember her) but she was my childhood. She was so ahead of her time in the R&B genre and I remember as a kid thinking that her hair-over-eye style was just the coolest. She was only fucking 22. I knows where should would be today.

youtube.com/watch?v=l5Yl4dV-rWk&feature=share

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRYC68XCS6s
youtube.com/watch?v=XYix2K_ZqH8
youtube.com/watch?v=8F75fNvlKGY
youtube.com/watch?v=pAbxS-6XsMY
youtube.com/watch?v=aRcAvsZgjXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are You That Somebody? could legitimately be the greatest pop song ever recorded. She could have changed the game.

I miss her too.

She was also the most beautiful black woman who ever lived. This album was so fucking good. Way ahead of its time. Back when Timbaland was a good producer.

youtube.com/watch?v=WRYC68XCS6s

OH SHIT AALIYAH

miss her a lot. she was killer.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYix2K_ZqH8

a real special talent.

How did she die? I remember she was in that vampire movie.

she didn't fly so good

She was a pilot? Why? Did she even know how to fly?

nah man her plane went down. prolly killed by illuminati.

youtube.com/watch?v=8F75fNvlKGY

my nigga. This shit was dope

youtube.com/watch?v=pAbxS-6XsMY

You just made me nostalgia hard

she would be washed up by 23 and probably forgotten

people always take tragedies to exaggerate what would have happened had it not have happened

Probably. Probably not. We'll never know.

The thing is, she was loved for more than just her music. Her personality, beauty and the way she carried herself.

This. It was sad because she seemed like a genuinely sweet girl and yes she was talented, pretty and had a great since of style. But her career would have faded away.

youtube.com/watch?v=aRcAvsZgjXA

nah. she was multi talented. her acting roles were pretty good desu.

she also had that "thing" that so many artists are sought after for. just look at her eyes. she got it. she was whitney houston caliber (not the voice, but the 'thing') without the crack addiction.

Yeah, I would have much rather she faded away than literally die.

She was so loved by everyone she knew. In fact, her family won't even allow her record label to sell any of her albums digitally. What the fuck?

I fucking miss 90s R&B. This and TLC was the shit back in elementary school.

Loved her style.

This. She definitely had that "thing" I can't explain.

i don't get it. i feel like i've seen thousands of women who look exactly like her.

Certainly not me. Where do you live?

I really don't think so. She had an incredible hear for what works in a pop song, and her voice was genuinely distinctive and beautiful.

You see those women around because of her. She was tomboyish at a time when people were quick to call such women dykes but she was undeniably feminine, not hard at all. The only similar artists to her might have been TLC and later on Ciara, but their careers faded when they decided to be cookie cutter pop girls.

This thread made me realize that I'm now a year older than Aaliyah ever lived to be. Holy fucking shit.

I fucking love 90s R&B. Miss her and Left Eye. Grew up on TLC