Autechre discussion

Autechre discussion
elseq is a masterpiece

So is it safe to say they'll never top draft?

I completely understand your sentiment trust me, Draft is enshrined in the annals of IDM history. A masterpiece of texture, rhythm, and melody at the same time

But they have moved forward in a weird direction that does indeed "top" draft in its own way. The AE_LIVE soundboards primarily is when they really got their real sound I think

AE_LIVE is Autechre, it is what they intended I think. They even suggested this in the WATMM AE AMA

no, this guy is right. shallow experimentalism.

>
>
>

How is it shallow when you can listen to it a hundred times and find something new each time?

How is it shallow when literally nothing else sounds like it?

How is it shallow when essentially every parameter available to the electronic musician is being modulated, enveloped, and utilized to the fullest extent possible?

see and I don't think elseq is a masterpiece at all, but it's certainly a good selection of jams, and while it can be too repetitive, I enjoy their mastery of electronic sound synthesis.
And, only time will tell, but that might the best thing they released since Draft 7:30 / Untilted IMO.
Anyway I can't wait to see them live.
If I have the opportunity to see them two times during their upcoming tour, I might try to use it, like some kind of Grateful Dead fan.

The comparison to the generative works of Brian Eno and friends are what is shallow. "Oooh I used a Markov chain to determine which notes I'm going to play on this piano, then I'm going to add tons of reverb"

the album cover looks like an abstract pepe

wow you're pretty observant!

What's this

What are you doing here ?

Learning

Is this worth listening and why?

This is most definitely worth listening to because it's among Autechre's best work by far. I would suggest starting off by just listening to them randomly without paying attention to the name. They're all similar in some ways and different in many ways, so it will be like you're lost in a maze of Autechrian textures, melodies, and rhythms, vaguely familiar with where you are and what's coming up next, but also completely lost at the same time

Masterful use of texture I swear to God, definitely worth listening to

tell me something i dont know

why are they such tiny people

So ur wit ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

they a cute

Ok, I'm going to listen

so they can fit in the computer to make the bleeps and bloops

cute music for cute people

Post your cutest Autechre.

You guys are lame, nobody likes Autechre?

it looks like draft and untilted are doing a lewd thing

Draft is docking Untilted's leg to inject mad acid

Guys please post about Autechre they're underappreciated in here

It is. I think it is the pinnacle of electronic music as far as I've heard

What else can they do to surprise their audience lads?

disband

I love you Autechre

9 hour jpop album.

what the fuck hhahaa

Memes aside that's a brilliant greatest hits album cover.

where do I start with AE_LIVE?

Krakow then randomly

lol those men have been photoshopped into that image.

good way to save money on a model.

>

they are soft & warm like mash potato

holy lol

A collab with their manucunian lads Mark E. Smith.and Morissey.

classic alco

;_;

I've always pronounced it Autechré but I've just learned it's pronounced Au-tech-er

Wtf

holy hell lad krakow is bloody insane

learn 2 English my man