Are any of you involved in local politics? I ran for the Secular Party in the seat of Bass back in 2013

Are any of you involved in local politics? I ran for the Secular Party in the seat of Bass back in 2013.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSaJcF5347Y&ab_channel=Anti-FeminismAustralia
youtube.com/watch?v=WH_MBwQhGgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kys faggot

Volunteer at my local members office 2bh, been a member of the ALP for a while

I'm pretty big into political activism. I like and share stuff on Facebook.

Why no Conservative party?

>ALP

Aussies actually have politics?
I imagined you just put some kangaroos in a ring to fight each other and the winner roos' owner gets to be the PM

I bet you don't even get likes haha
My last status got 10 likes. I'll be running for president next year.

Who unironically votes green? They fail at the one thing they exist for, protecting the environment.

>Who unironically votes green?
Tasmanians

does australia have the retarded first past the post system in use?

Secular Party?

Don't you already have separation of church and state?

he isn't 50 yo

Coming from America

Anyone who votes green in any country is a fucking memester

>american liberals
>go vote for Jill Stein because muh high morals and muh lofty unrealistic goals
>prioritize environment
>as a result, help elect a candidate who thinks climate change is a hoax, who wants to tear climate agreements to tiny pieces, and who wants coal mining to be a big deal again
Green voters are the biggest retards in any western country.

Pic is pretty accurate.

Fuck, I hate our politics. Hanson is shaking things up a bit though. Hope she gains more ground.

Third-party voters made up a very small percentage of voters in the election. They're not to blame for the result, and most of them voted for Gary Johnson, not Jill Stein.

The nearly 50 percent that did not vote are responsible for the result.

Our Greens are especially bad.

Here's a Greens senator calling for the Australian government to purposely harm relations with the US for electing Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=FSaJcF5347Y&ab_channel=Anti-FeminismAustralia

I hate our politics, but because the hilariously small amount of people that boat in here manages to somehow fluster enough faggots that Hanson becomes relevant again.

it's because we have so many trees in tasmania
they all turn out to vote as well, its fucked

Our greens are also awful. Earlier this year they had some big scandals where radical islamists had infiltrated their ranks. One of the two party leaders resigned as a result.

They're dumb as fuck. The thing is that since the green party is so new and their only core idea is "muh environment", they have no ideological core to guide them, like a traditional party does. They're like headless hens.

they're like the garbage collection party here

they take any issue that seems 'overlooked' and rally behind it to draw in fringe voters

I remember reading a huge rant by a former Green who had joined when they were all pro-environment, but left because all they care about at the moment is sexual perversion stuff, they're a joke

Your whole government is one big greens party

Yes, I am affiliated with a liberal party in Brazil called Novo. Liberal in the correct sense, not the USA retard one.

Liberal is our conservative m8. Though by American standards our conservatives are basically gommies

We use preferential voting. That means that we can vote for whoever the fuck we want but in the end preference one of the two major parties over another. I.e. vote for greens and preference labor, meaning our vote is never 'wasted'

First past the post makes me literally sick. Can't believe that shit exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=WH_MBwQhGgA

lmao
golden age chaser, good shit

Beautiful

I miss the Chasers War on Everything :(

The conservatives are the Liberal National Coalition, made up of the Liberal Party and National Party. The Nationals are the really conservative folks, but they are entirely a party of rural Australia (and mainly up north too). The Liberals run from the gauntlet form moderate centrists to old Tones.

I miss the extreme right in Brazil

blame Labor for securitizing the issue during the Rudd/Gillard years. Sure, it wasn't great under Howard, but this issue really kicked up under their stewardship, allowing Tones to turn it into an election issue.

Unless you're talking more generally about Australians being paranoid of a foreign invasion. That shit predates federation

ITT: lelbourne and shitney mixed with a small dose of ironic and non ironic, direct and indirect cultural cringe

Not for too long my weeaboo friend

our greens were actually pretty realistic and good in the 1990's with people like osmo soininvaara leading them

then came the people born and raised in cities in the largest cities with absolutely no clue about politics and suddenly the greens are delusional retards who still get almost 10-15% of the national vote