Creativity

So Sup Forums how do you get your creative juices flowing? What gives you inspiration?

weed

obviously drugs give a different perspective but what about besides that?

I always come up with the best melodies in the shower or when I'm at work or in bed

I have to hum them into my phone's voice memos and then try to work with them

99% of the time I don't listen to them again or if I do I'm like "Eh. That wasn't that good."

I sit and think
Oblique Strategies
Think about shit that I'm interested in at the moment
Listen to music

I get hurt by women, and cry about how my dad died from an overdose in front of me when I was nine

yikes

Masturbate for a long time and afterwards write stuff down while still kind of woozy and tingly from my huge load

Vyvanse it makes me lazy af and wanna find a shortcut to whatever problem I have
helps cut the fat on shit I overanalyze

yikes

bamp

nice

Who needs creativity when you can just make a fuckton of feedback over the top of a repetetive rhythm section?

>Instead of lettuce, use weed
>Instead of sugar and flour, use cocaine
>Instead of brown sugar, use heoin
>Instead of Visene, use LSD
>Instead of Tylenol, use MDMA
>Instead of taking 1 Dramamine take 12
>Instead of regular sprite, add prescription cough syrup
There are many ways to be inspired my friend.

true

edgy

I'm glad your dads dead, he doesn't have to see the failure that you are.

yikes

I stopped trying to make perfect melodies, and write perfect words. I stopped letting myself not finish something because I didn't think it was good enough, or sound like a song people would like.

Remove the filter you place on yourself, and you'll unlock so much more.

>he says, forcefully clicking the captchas with immeasurable pretentiousness and edge

I can only write if I can't sleep, tunes come naturally.

I have the most inspiration when i'm relaxed and not scared about the future

this brings up a good point. what sort of states of being are the best for creativity? sadness, stress, happiness, anxiety, etc?

The ones that draw other people to your music

see, if I am too relaxed I never get anything done. I need deadlines.

seems a bit vague...

as I said for me it's relaxation with my life and future, that feeling of knowing everything is gonna be alright. It brings a lot of happines aswell and just makes music flows in the right direction. I guess this state also brings me a lot of confidence and that helps.

stress and anxiety makes me the opposite of creative and sadness can sometimes work for me but i don't feel true sadness very often.

I'm sure it's different for each person though

What I mean is that the state of being doesn't really matter. If you write a great song, you write a great song. And maybe, it just so happens you felt on top of the world that day, or felt like drowning in a bathtub.

If that's true I'm sorry to hear that

kek'd

Most of the time it comes from talking to other people, a lot of the time they can give you a different perspective you couldn't have come up with on your own.

Or by thinking about your own shit and how you could translate it into a song or a drawing or whatever.

Weed works too, but not always.

this

Inspired to take a horrible splattering shit in your preferred medium

This, but I think for it to be really good it can't just be a passing feeling, it should be representative of a state of being that you've worked toward too.

ehh

For me it's a mix of listening to other music and visual theme's; trying to expand them aurally

It's a known fact that grass increases creativity from eight, to eleven times. In fact, everyone finds that they're more creative stoned, than straight