/grimes/

Discuss the awesome Canuck electronic artist Claire Boucher known as Grimes.

Suggested topics:
>How and when did you find out about her?
>Rank/rate her albums and post your favorite songs of hers.
>Did you see her live? Do you plan to?
>Who would you like to see her collab with?

Some cool stuff:
Flowcharts: imgur.com/0rPwOAO and imgur.com/a/uSFiq
Important: genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated
Rarities: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations
Documentary: vimeo.com/164942263
Her Glastonbury Festival show: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes and to each other!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=shKZ_gGaHBs
youtube.com/watch?v=CXTZxjN68YE
youtube.com/watch?v=f5MYhjhWSEk
youtube.com/watch?v=cdkXOUBlu3M
tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

these need to die

No. They're the best thing on Sup Forums.

GORESPAMMER PLEASE SAVE US

who's that?

what art should i make for grimes anons?

a drawing? a video game? a song? multimedia? a poem?

>why? still page 3
>doesnt know what a bump limit is
>doesnt even fucking use the catalog like an adult
grimes posters ladies and gentlemen

My waifu

She spams gore on Sup Forums and doesnt afraid of I, The Witchfinder

Cause Im new here u faggot

Maybe a drawing. She loves drawings.

10th for Frank Ocean – White Ferrari SOTY

Wow thats really fucking cool dude!

Now go back to fucking reddit where you fucking came from you cancer piece of shit

Get out of my thread, cancerous troll.

>Grimes is for patricians. You plebs will never get into her music. Never ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=shKZ_gGaHBs
youtube.com/watch?v=CXTZxjN68YE
youtube.com/watch?v=f5MYhjhWSEk

And what's your point? Just because some occasional plebs got into her music it doesn't mean the vast majority will do the same. Your point is invalid. Stay pleb.

Cringe the Post

Get the fuck off of my board you newfag tumblrdrone piece of shit

Literally saying "im new here xD" like being new isnt fucking reviled on this board

These are fucking grimes posters. Seriously get the fuck off of this board and never fucking come back.

who else thinks a song with hana would be cool?

you've lost the logic

sufjan is qter than claire

Sufjan is qter than everyone

That was a different user, plebby pleb. And btw: you must get out immediately. No one wants your shit here. Go fuck yourself whore.

>Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade. I love a few of her songs and she is clearly Rated just right as a fashion model and youth celebrity, but as a musician, she doesn't deserve the place she's in. There's not enough to warrant it on a musical basis, it's all "X Factor." And that's fine, but I would rather see music media focus on music and she can be a YouTube star like Rosanna Pansino. There's plenty of room to talk about her fabulous clothing and visual aesthetic. I don't know if I could talk about her music for five minutes.
B T F O

bantz

youtube.com/watch?v=cdkXOUBlu3M

>And btw: you must get out immediately
Ill leave if you leave :^)

Daily reminder that Chris Ott was BTFO by P4K: tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618

They deleted all his contributions. Pathetic critic.

>Ott is a notorious crank who uses his Twitter feed to decry the commodification of the independent arts. At his best he can be a necessary check on the capitalist impulses of the music industry and the publications that cover it. At his worst he can be a straight-up asshole who uses his modest platform to hammer away at personal grudges, many of which seem to end up involving women who make and/or write about indie rock. To some he is an anti-hero, to others he is simply a verbal harasser.

>I would say it does, but Pitchfork has deleted plenty of articles before—in some cases, infamously so—and practically speaking, Ott is a unique case. His structural criticism was often a trojan horse for a personal vendetta, and he has gone out of his way to inflame the individuals who work at and run Pitchfork. He probably deserved something. But who exactly was punished?

Chris Ott LITERALLY did nothing wrong

Being a huge douchebag is nothing wrong? In your dreams, baby. This asshat got what he deserved. Karma is a bitch.

>His structural criticism was often a trojan horse for a personal vendetta, and he has gone out of his way to inflame the individuals who work at and run Pitchfork.

Chris Ott's opinions about Grimes are worthless. The toilet paper is way more valuable than his bantz.

Aww is babby buttmad that his favowite artist got BTFO like they deserved?

Jesus fucking christ the only thing more obnoxious than you fucks is grimes' discography

>like being new isnt fucking reviled on this board
Except that this is /grimes on /mu, where we actually appreciate new things/people (since it's an inherent trait in liking Grimes' music.) So kindly take your assholery off to your own thread.

>Cause Im new here
Cool (if actually true.) (Regardless) hi!

Wow, you really BTFO'd that guy. How will he ever recover?

post your favorite pic of claire that's respectful of her as an artist and a person and list off what your favorite grimes song is and why.

My favorite song is omega. I love how primal it sounds, it makes me want to dance around a fire and grunt in rhythm. It's one of her most minimalistic songs and yet it's so powerful.... truly an amazing work of art.

>Cool (if actually true.) (Regardless) hi!
>mfw
this is literally full redditmode now

I dont know, hopefully he does the world a favor and kills himself

>being this sensitive
aww is wittle tumbwer baby gonna cwy :'(

boo hoo hoo!

Is a grimesposter really calling me a tumblrbabby

really

after one of you openly stated "im new here xd" eariler in the thread

sorry this isn't a safespace echo chamber, maybe you should go back to your hugbox and talk about your ships you fucking lil bitch

don't come to Sup Forums if you can't handle the fucking bantz, otherwise when you whine all u get is laughed at looool

go on get out of here, I'm done with you...

Grimeshaters genocide when?

Are you even replying to the right person

lol U MAD BRO?? U MAD BRO???

your such a epic fail.

Yeah im really really mad about pleb shit on Sup Forums

And im gonna keep whining about it in this thread until it dies lol

gas grimes fans

NOW

ur the only one in this thread crying like a lil ho cause ur triggered. now i told you to be gone, i suggest you leave before i get mad.... heh.

>now i told you to be gone, i suggest you leave before i get mad.... heh.
nah

fuck grimes and her ugly ass face and her trash music and her weeaboo fans

> implying you can kill us with gas

the only pleb shit here is you

patrician isn't a collection of music or art. it's a state of mind. one that you seem mentally incapable of reaching...

that is why you will always be pleb. no matter how much you convince yourself that you like so called "patrician" music like NMH, harsh noise, Swans, etc.

you fail to understand patrician as a concept and you act like a dirty beggar. you are the textbook definition of pleb.

Thats how gassing works

Don´t be mad just don't reply to him. iIf he WASTES his times talking bout grimes even tho he says he hate her, thats bcause he secretly loves her LOL

Wow, you're not good at reading are you?

>you are the textbook definition of pleb.
You fucking enjoy grimes

You, my friend, are LITERALLY the textbook definition of pleb

and that happen with all haters

>Do you think people deserve grief? Do you give people grief when they deserve it? Me, I hope to relieve people of their grief. For a long time I had this theory: the impossibility of a female Kurt Cobain. What he represents, leaning against the system and yet supported by consumers, there was no woman in the world that could command the masses so utterly. The music industry wouldn't let her. This thing I've been stewing about since I saw Grimes play to 20 people in 2011, and started reading her Tumblr, and then really starting feeling when "Oblivion" came out, is that Claire is the closest thing we have to a female Kurt Cobain, smart enough to understand the system but righteous enough to wall-jump away from it. But also, interestingly, what an inversion her approach is to Kurt's. His pose was anti-establishment, her pose is post-structural. He was rigorous, she is always looking outward, game for genre-experimentation and hilarity. I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

(continued)

If you dont reply to me ill just keep posting the Ott pasta

Whatever it takes to get you fucks to leave

(continued from)
>"Trying to describe Grimes is like trying to describe Tom Waits or Springsteen or Neil Young—like, I don't know, just go listen to Neil Young. Claire is just Claire," says Jack Antonoff, the songwriter and performer behind the bands fun. and Bleachers, as well as an established producer who won an Album of the Year Grammy for his work with Taylor Swift on 1989... "Claire is extremely technically skilled on a production level, which gets missed a lot because it plays into some gender issues," Antonoff explains. "Usually the way records are made is with a lot of people involved—this person did that snare sound, and this other person did that beat. To have one person doing everything would be the equivalent of having one person designing the house, building it, doing all the plumbing, all the electric, decorating it, and then living in it for 100 years and creating a great vibe. What Claire does is just crazy."
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/

Who are you inclined to believe? The words of a single failed music critic whose own publication (itself oft' maligned) has since completely disowned him or the words of multiple successful musicians who clearly know what they're talking about?

He doesn't even understand what patrician is, he thinks it can be quantified in specific tastes...
It's kind of embarrassing that someone as autistic as him can post and be so blissfully not self-aware of the irony of it all.

Truly people like him are the worst posters on Sup Forums, they never stop to think about what they are saying or the big picture at large. No wonder they hate Grimes, I doubt they even know the meaning behind any of her songs, save for Medieval Warfare or Oblivion. You know, the basic ones or the really popular and well known ones...

Yes keep spamming the same message.

It's not like that's blatantly against the rules or anything...

>or the words of multiple successful musicians who clearly know what they're talking about
There are a lot of successful musicians who are just complete attention whore dumbasses

Take grimes for example

>Truly people like him are the worst posters on /mu
I think you have me confused with grimes posters
Try me

>this is what he actually believes

Human yellowbird pedo club=clarkbuckygrimesfancult

I can't help but wonder how long it's gonna take for he/she/it to realize that...they(?) are the only one in these threads that actually thinks what they have to say matters to anyone else.

Yup, it is, shes pretty fucking terrible and has, as far as im aware because i absolutley cannot be bothered to listen to any of her music and have only listened to a few songs largely against my will over the course of 3 years, pretty much no musical skill at all

It matters to me and that's what counts :^)

>i absolutley cannot be bothered to listen to any of her music
you can't make this shit up

h8r doesn't listen to musician's music, yet feels the need to shitpost in a general for said musician!

it's so fucking perfectly pathetic.

>h8r doesn't listen to musician's music, yet feels the need to shitpost in a general for said musician
Like I said i listened to maybe 2 songs and that was more than enough to deduce it was complete garbage

CLIMAXIA I, THE WITCHFINDER STONER METAL DOOM

fuck these threads

Dude ikr

Its too bad formspring is dead otherwise i would seriously hit her up

This shit is a new level of bad

World Princess part II
Kill V. Maim
Pin
SCREAM
Life in the Vivid Dream
California
Artangels
Realiti
laughing and not being normal
Venus Fly
Belly of the Beat
Butterfly
Flesh without Blood
Easily

Shut up faggot

Ambrosia may be my favorite. Its a song that sounds the way I feel.