Hell yeah just bought a TB 303!

Hell yeah just bought a TB 303!

Anyone got some good albums with a lot of 303 and/or where the 303 is the main focus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zkpJvwOU1n4
youtube.com/watch?v=L6JEXquWC7A
youtube.com/watch?v=2HWs-FOXN6E
youtube.com/watch?v=fdUQ-9kXvfE
youtu.be/RRV9DmErKxM
youtu.be/fF36l94pXig
youtube.com/watch?v=Pwymq-gWhvY
youtube.com/watch?v=JRCTFECnkJg
youtube.com/watch?v=zevv-QSBdyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BsbMCA6pflY
youtube.com/watch?v=AwCb-RUGkm8
youtube.com/watch?v=6tWN1Iz6oMo
youtube.com/watch?v=FrnJt4ZDRrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how much did you pay

There's a company called Cyclone that has been manufacturing identical 303's for the past 5 years or so using the exact same circuitry and hardware taken straight from the original Roland ones. They call it the TT-303. Only paid $500 bucks for an exact replica. Look into it if you'd like

So you didn't buy a TB-303 then. Gotcha.

>500 dollaridoos for a replica of a machine cloned, used and re-used to death

lmfao yeah its an iconic machine but like c'mon you could've gotten much better gear for that price

some great acid lines

youtube.com/watch?v=zkpJvwOU1n4
youtube.com/watch?v=L6JEXquWC7A
youtube.com/watch?v=2HWs-FOXN6E
youtube.com/watch?v=fdUQ-9kXvfE

this tbqh

if you want a 303 sound there really isn't anything that will match it that's cheaper. the sequencer is just as important as the filter imo.

I'll admit you're right, there's no EXACT 303 copy for under a grand, but it's as close as you can get. I wasn't planning to spend an extra $1000 or more for an almost inaudible difference. You can compare if you want:
youtu.be/RRV9DmErKxM
youtu.be/fF36l94pXig

shoulda got a novation bass station. sounds way better

Stop, you're making me jealous

Instead of continuing the stupid JD-X or Gaia series, Roland should reissue all of their classic synths. AKA SH-101, TB-303, Jupiter 80/Juno 60. And not as shitty toy "Botique" versions.

not that guy but I came here to laugh at how silly it is to buy a limited machine like this unless you are some rich fuck considering you can just download the samples of it to do anything you want with for free. Now that you say it's not even the real thing it seems doubly pointless.

that hunk of junk can't do a tenth of a hundredth of what a computer can do when it comes to actually making interesting music in *2016* Real musicians would just spend the money on drugs instead.

but doing music on your computer is boring. its much for fun with an actual synth. why dont you just shut up and pop that boi pucci

Saving up and buying the machines is cheaper than they could put them out for. The exception being the Jupiter 8, but a new one would still be like 4k+ if it was an exact clone.

no shit it's fun but it's just a toy. it's not even a synth you can play it's a drum machine.

i personally don't see how anyone who wasn't rich or not addicted to drugs could justify buying one of those things but then that's why I'm worse and shit.

>no shit it's fun but it's just a toy
m8 there were people making better electronic music with this shit and other synthesizers back in the 90s and early 2000s. its more than a toy

no there weren't, not better than people who know what they are doing today.

also the people back then making good music with it weren't just using it out of the box, they ran it through a lot of other gear to get it to not sound like shit. It's just become a fetishized meme. if the sound was really hat great there wouldnt be a need for this thread cause you would already know. the fact is it's an outdated piece of junk and pretty much any laptop you can buy is a better drum machine than that box.

why did u spend a grand on a shitty drum machine when u can just torrent ableton and make MBDTF 2 ? ? .. . . .

>no there weren't, not better than people who know what they are doing today
youtube.com/watch?v=Pwymq-gWhvY
rock remix made in the 90s
made in late 90s early 2000s

>also the people back then making good music with it weren't just using it out of the box, they ran it through a lot of other gear to get it to not sound like shit
literally the same thing as using VST effects plug ins.

second track is portamento not a 303

>youtube.com/watch?v=JRCTFECnkJg
wrong song

i grabbed wrong link this song right here

fuckin jew rat made a mistake again this song

i was talking about synth gear in general.

for fucks sake are you just baiting with this whole thread? those youtube links are way too obvious, fucking rob zombie remix who the fuck are you kidding? seriously, the fact you are using that as an example of good music in this situation makes it abundantly clear why you made this dumb as fuck purchase.

>literally the same thing as using VST effects plug ins.
the whole reason buying the thing is dumb is because you can do more and better things with a computer, so how exactly is that helping your argument?

you make such great tunes on the computer so why don't you post some lol

im not the one who made the thread. and i dont see anything wrong? with the limited gear he had he was able to make a remix and synths that sound way better than alot of electronic shit that comes out today. im tryna say that gear is not a toy. also the remix is god tier you have shit taste buddo

>the whole reason buying the thing is dumb is because you can do more and better things with a computer
so? they have guitar drums and bass vst simulators that sound ridiculously real and you can expand upon those so far its retarded. should we just stop buyng those and stay on the computer? there's a difference in sound and workflow. f i had money to spend on some synths and effects i would cause sitting on my ass clicking away with a mouse makes making music boring and hard as shit to make

>fuckin jew
more evidence you are dumb as hell really

seriously, I can't imagine the fucking denial as people like OP sit there playing with the little buttons on shit like that trying to convince themselves they are a real musician cause they spent a bunch of money on some little toy they have built up in their minds as some important thing to have. It makes me feel bad cause I can empathize.

Maybe it's just the bad experiences ive had but all the folks I met who buy replicated vintage gear like that end up having more interesting toys than tunes. Maybe im resentful cause i don't have anything in my life I enjoy caus i'm broken. either way it just seems like a really silly thing to buy when you can get the same and more with a computer.

what really is the difference at this point? it's not like you are gonna record to analog tape. it's just gonna be a variation of a digitized drum sample

i didn't even listen to the remix BECAUSE my taste is NOT shit.

again, not shit, everyone would buy all the shit if they were rich (as I have said) Buying a bass, drums or guitar or even a synth with keys is completely different cause those are instruments you play where the interface makes more of a difference than just being too lazy to use a computer and buying a silly box does. For the money someone spends on one of those things they could be buying enough chemicals to make 3 albums.

>Maybe it's just the bad experiences ive had but all the folks I met who buy replicated vintage gear like that end up having more interesting toys than tunes. Maybe im resentful cause i don't have anything in my life I enjoy caus i'm broken. either way it just seems like a really silly thing to buy when you can get the same and more with a computer.
ah the angry poorfag syndrome it all makes sense now.
anyways, i mean yeah, with computers you have so many options that you dont with gear(except for shit like modulars). but once you've got good at making music and sound design then i think its perfectly fine to buy some gear. i can only imagine how creative id get with actual gear man. to be able to actually do things with my hands, turn knobs, fuck with faders, and actually playing keys with my fingers. it feels too much like a chore when im making shit on computer and i imagine thats how alot of people feel as well. i think the perfect combo is gear and a daw. playing an instrument and being more physical and also having the crazy unlimited power of a DAW. i think its retarded when people now a days do strictly analog cause like you said
>all the folks I met who buy replicated vintage gear like that end up having more interesting toys than tunes
they end up so far up their assholes they end up making boring, simplistic shit music

i mostly agree. i think people just get into this thing where they worship these old sounds because it's ultimately easier to buy them then to find their own sound. You can tell yourself your tunes would be better if only you had the things but it's not about things. Unless you got money to burn i don't get why you'd buy anything that wasn't an instrument you could actually play or even just getting a better controller.

Are there any post-acid musicians around that aren't a joke?

Luke Vibert - Ridmik is a pretty sweet Acid album.
youtube.com/watch?v=BsbMCA6pflY

fuck man you beat me to "stop fantasy"
what a gosh darn tune

Have fun,OP!

youtube.com/watch?v=AwCb-RUGkm8

youtube.com/watch?v=6tWN1Iz6oMo

post acid lads
youtube.com/watch?v=FrnJt4ZDRrA

>Buys a 303 clone
>wants to look for "albums" that use 303s

Are you what's wrong with music?

I know. Like

> I bought this $500 niche synth

> What are some songs that use a 303???

>> I bought this $500 niche synth
>> What are some songs that use a 303???

More like he was asking for "albums", and not "songs" (or "tunes" or "tracks lads"), which shows exactly what kind of background he's coming from.