Why the Grimeshaters are so mad? What the fuck is their problem?

Why the Grimeshaters are so mad? What the fuck is their problem?

I asked that because the previous general thread was derailed by a bunch of mad autists: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67441536

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67441536#p67442740
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grimes is ugly and talentless.

I want this answered too.

Objectively wrong.

It is the haters who are ugly.

It's a rhetorical question.

Well I actually want an answer.

This rbt.asia/mu/thread/S67441536#p67442740 sums up the haters extremely well:

>h8r doesn't listen to musician's music, yet feels the need to shitpost in a general for said musician

>Like I said i listened to maybe 2 songs and that was more than enough to deduce it was complete garbage

These faggots don't even try.

You don't have one.

Because Grimes fans are what's killing Sup Forums. They ruin threads that don't have anything to do with Grimes, not to mention Grimes is awful.

>They ruin threads that don't have anything to do with Grimes
In what way? They literally destroy them? Or you're just overreacting?

>not to mention Grimes is awful.
Prove it.

it's because waifufagging is deeply repulsive to a non-waifufag, and grimes threads often (if not always) have that vibe. of course, obsessive fans will almost always be more diligent and forceful with their rebuttals as they're more heavily motivated by their own need to preserve their self-image and defend their right to enjoy the things that they do, which makes attacking these kinds of threads mostly futile- nonetheless, it's very difficult for many people to suppress the urge to berate waifufags for being publicly pathetic and weird and obsessive. everytime i see a grimes thread, i have to tell myself to just leave them be because the irrational gut impulse to go 'what the fuck is wrong with you?' at the fans is pretty strong.

sorry for the verbal diarrheoa, but i'm trying to be as clear as possible. it's not grimes herself that's the issue, it's the fanbase and the way they go about being fans and the reasons for which they are fans in the first place- most of the anti-grimes trolling is about pissing them off and making them feel insecure and defensive (like they have done with the OP).

I don't get it. How do you shate grime?

Thats a flattering pic of grimes, Op. Where did you find it?

i cant if its pasta anymore

>it's because waifufagging is deeply repulsive to a non-waifufag, and grimes threads often (if not always) have that vibe
Look on every Grimes thread. More exactly at the posts / images ratio: 19 pics and 155 posts! Sorry, but /grimes/ = waifufags is a myth busted many, many times.

that's not really what i'm saying. i don't troll grimes threads, i'm just trying to explain the mentality.
i don't like grimes' music and i don't understand the appeal. the people who do like grimes, however, appear to get really, really into her. this is normal enough, but it's easy to fall into the mental trap of thinking that if you don't understand why people like something, they must be into it for reasons beyond the 'quality' of the art. because grimes is a female artist and because pictures *do* get posted in grimes threads (even if they don't get posted as frequently) lots of people make the assumption that grimes threads are waifu threads, and it's a very hard assumption to shake. the reason for anti-grimes trolling is more about the way people feel about it, rather than a coherent or sustained argument.
also, are you seriously trying to suggest that there isn't a waifu element to the grimes fanbase on Sup Forums? no matter how small it is or how good they are at hiding, it's definitely there.

hey user how do you think she smells?

i'd also like to add that these kinds of responses to provocation- the hyper-defensive, 'prove it, faggot!' responses only encourage people to keep at it. if you want it to stop, just ignore it/stop taking it seriously. this kind of thing suggests that you don't feel secure with your own tastes and will naturally provoke further prodding.

Because she's a female artist some "people" assume her threads are waifu threads? There may be some pics posted, but there's also a lot of on topic discussion.

>also, are you seriously trying to suggest that there isn't a waifu element to the grimes fanbase on Sup Forums? no matter how small it is or how good they are at hiding, it's definitely there.
It is, because her fans are attached to her. Music was never only about sounds. It's the whole presentation.

Here's a relevant quote:
>There is nothing in her career that Grimes, aka 28-year-old Vancouver-born Claire Boucher, hasn’t personally approved. Jay-Z may be the boss of her management company Roc Nation, but she calls the shots. Take the now infamous story of a member of her team suggesting she airbrush her underarm hair from a press shot. The shot was sent to Jay-Z, who replied she should keep it. Because if you buy into Grimes, you buy into her whole package. From the way she sounds, to the way she looks, to who she talks to, where she plays and what she releases, Grimes is CEO, creative director, music supervisor, writer, producer, performer and brand ambassador of her own career.

>Because she's a female artist some "people" assume her threads are waifu threads? There may be some pics posted, but there's also a lot of on topic discussion.

in short: yes. that's basically it. the devotion is also a little weird and hard for outsiders to grasp.

The thing is that anyone that really likes her music can't really separate the art from the artist.

i'm sure that's true. but you can kind of get why people dislike it, right?

If she would be a boring personality, they would focus only about her music. But she isn't boring. That's why her fans discuss her life a lot.

You can be attracted to someone as an artist. I think the attention is misunderstood.

Yes. But from dislike to raging hate is quite a lot of space.

She's ugly but she's not talentless
She's 6/10 I guess
Still ugly as fuck though

People take extremes towards this person, it's interesting.

definitely, but i would guess that the actual feelings of the people trolling grimes threads don't totally correspond with the tone and content of their posts. most of that kind of shitposting is done casually and sometimes degenerates into protracted verbal brawls- a lot of the times, the 'raging hate' is less about grimes and more about trying to claim victory over somebody else in an argument. if nobody is exercising any kind of self-control, people can very quickly get invested in these kinds of petty conflicts and pursue them far longer than they deserve.
just ignore them if you want to keep your threads on-topic. if you don't respond, it'll just fizzle and people can get on with their lives.

(You)

grimesfags are cancer

Grimes killed this board

kind of like Saturn devouring his son

thanks but everyone replies to every post expecting for a (you) :^)

>Grimes killed this board
The board was shit anyway.

Haha, Grimesfag posts a trollface.

It used to be ironically shit, now it's shit

Let's say they are. What is wrong if they're eating an already corrupt board like moo? They're doing the right thing.

Ironically shit is worse. I'm sick of this irony, no one is honest anymore.

The trollface represents the trolled trolls. ;)

It's funny because it's a meme that's too cancerous even for Reddit, so when a Grimesfag posts it, it's like evidence for how cencerous you are.

Literally no one comes off well in that thread. Grimes just brings out the best in either side, it seems.

There's nothing to feel guilt for, or they just don't.