Friend who mainly listens to altpopshit hands me the one and only aux in his car

>Friend who mainly listens to altpopshit hands me the one and only aux in his car
>Speakers suck as
>Turn on Death Grips just for the lulz
>Against all expectations he really digs it

>Bought tickets for DG concert
>Aks female friend of ours if she also wants to go
>she listens to two songs
>I'll come with you, this could be an amazing energetic concert

>Play Death Grips for 2 people, both listen mainly to chart pop
>They like it

Is Death Grips Poprap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6pQtHhNIr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you play the money store/bottomless pit?

better png

Cool story bro! $@g3

no theyre good open minded people

maybe you are just popular and everything you do and like is interesting to them...

damn, i liked them

wtf i love death grips now

Death grips is hip

contrary to Sup Forums's popular opinion a lot of people are actually open-minded about music and just haven't really made the effort to find much outside of the stuff they already listen to

that being said, unless you were playing hot head or something, death grips is relatively accessible for most people who are open to something more abstract/intense

not to say it isn't abrasive ***compared to chart pop***, but brostep was a thing and that's pretty abrasive

same thing happened to me, but with my stepbro. I played DG as a joke and now he loves them.

Keep in mind OP makes threads on Sup Forums

ok scratch that

All my friends who aren't into music are extremely close minded about music and take my suggestions for a grain of salt.

I play it at work sometimes ( I work in a kitchen) and no one complains. DG's material is usually really energetic, and that helps in a fast paced kitchen.

I've noticed this too. Especially from BP, people really do seem to dig it. It really must be the energy and the catchiness in the songs.

I showed Death Grips to a couple of my friends and most of them hated it.
"LOL WDF IS THIS SCREAMO SHIT"
"BP IS THE WORST ALBUM I EVER HEARD"
Stuff like that.

Only one of my close friends liked it but I wasn't to surprised since he's pretty open with his taste.
He liked a lot of stuff I showed him beforr ie. MF DOOM, Fishmans, Nujabes, Danny Brown so we have a pretty similar taste.

its closer to the mainstream than any other album

>show DG to a friend on fb so i can ask if they wanna go see em with me
>"ill get back to you m8"
>they never do

I'm sorry, but Sup Forums is only for grown ups.

Your friends don't respect your opinion

you're just now figuring this out? though i'd say they're less poprap than 2016's limp biskit nu-metal shit

try showing your friends this next time u fucking pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=W6pQtHhNIr4

>Play Death Grips for hip-hop fan
>He fuckin loves it

>Play Death Grips for meatlhead
>He fuckin loves it

idk man.

>high energy
>fairly catchy

It's not fucking rocket science, man.