Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lHgiRWZpC48
youtube.com/watch?v=5qQPHuq8fiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DISda5B2Hd4
youtube.com/watch?v=hIybJwOSBv8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not the best from KPN but sure one of my favourite records

And this for sure.

Call me a pleb if you must but my favourite black metal record is Black Cascade by Wolves in the Throne Room. I never get tired of listening to it.

disclaimer: I'm not generally into black metal

Any opinions on Batushka and their goddamn hype?

inb4 not black metal. I like a lot of albums ITT, but this is unbeatable.

Peste Noire is fucking overrated

overrated but they're good

mah niggas

i wouldn't say so, but they do a hell of a good job creating good music

hearts toward none is better

When I first saw the music video for Vortex I thought it was super gay, but since then I've realized that the only proper way to listen to this album is to strip naked and do kung-fu moves in slo-mo, every muscle taut and ass cheeks clenched so hard no light can escape them, like the dude in the video. And occasionally twitch on the ground like you have epilepsy.

I'm 100% serious, it's the best way to appreciate this album. Try it.

Do it right now, strip naked and rehearse your katas while listening to it.

whats so amazing about this one? it bore me a bit, and I enjoyed many bm albums that are supposed to be a lot more boring than this one

>b8 this weak
"kys"

Any recs for stuff that's halfway between black metal and ambient noise? I like really loud lofi stuff that focuses on atmosphere and texture more than riffs.

kaffaljidhma

murmuure
uno actu

paysage d'hiver

>I like really loud lofi stuff that focuses on atmosphere and texture more than riffs

absolutely disgusting

Never did figure out why exactly the black metal community hates Sunbather. I'm guessing it's the album cover?

shut up, jerry. you don't wear glasses.

Just a super solid album imo, love the cymbal work too

because deafheaven are american sissy boys

You are looking for this

youtube.com/watch?v=lHgiRWZpC48

because they have more in common with post-rock and screamo than black metal and the media narrative that they're the only ones pushing the boundary of black metal when their style has been done before

I mean in what way is it so solid?

catchy melodies, good songwriting and drumming

ok, i'll give it another try.
just the cover art and album name are pretty solid indeed

Did any of you care about this?
I personally can't really get into it

great album

What don't they have in common with black metal except for their overall image?

haven't heard but that cover makes it look like pretentious orthodox bm

such a hard thing to do "pick your favourite black metal album" especially when op chooses it first.

Thanks for the recs

if I wanted riffs I'd listen to some thrash nonsense

Yeah, it's an '''''ambitious''''' triple album, seems to get a lot of praise but I honestly thought it was just boring and pretentious. But maybe I am missing something

I'm not a fag for preferring DSBM, right?

post-rock riffs

It's a EP not a album, but lately i've been really enjoying this.

Get on my level plebs

I'm gonna have to go with this. Burzum s/t and A Blaze in the Northern sky are close seconds.

Also if a song has less than 8 minutes of windsounds as intro, it isn't kvlt enough

how has this not been posted

no way man! you may like this live silencer cover
youtube.com/watch?v=5qQPHuq8fiQ

One of the (if not the) best black metal albums ever. Nice to see it posted on this shitty website.

fucking great album,

So just the tremelo-picked post-rco riffs they employ sometimes? Seems pretty weak to me if that's the only difference.

post-rock*

are there any black metal bands that riff as hard as immortal and inquisition?

ethos ideology aesthetic etc

appropriating sonic tropes doesn't make a thing black metal other than by tenuous, shallow association and I'm pretty sure they have agreed on this point

Maybe check out with hearts toward none, it's more memorable imo

i suggest for you my good man Rotting christ - triarchy of lost lovers.

heres a mad live performance as well, might sound soft but the technicality is there.
youtube.com/watch?v=DISda5B2Hd4

plus alot of the "black metal" sections are either more screamo sounding, or just shoegaze riffs with blastbeats. there are definitely some "black metal" parts though

any of us posters write or attempt to write their own black metal?

Holy fuck, the best band from my country. Bane (the vocalist) is a cool guy.

that was actually a great listen, thanks!

Damn who is this? I remember this album cover from a while ago

Paysage d'hiver

youtube.com/watch?v=hIybJwOSBv8

The only black metal records I like so far are Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart and Murmuure.

I just checked that out...
thankyou for showing this to me, it's amazing

Nothing beats it, except maybe a blaze in the northern sky, when it comes to 90s black metal.
My favorite modern black metal albums are sunbather, two hunters, aesthetica and sworn to the dark.

it's definitely a classic song, the chick "cannot remember name" pulled the vocals off pretty damn well. whats a short list of dsbm? i'm into a couple but can never really recall on them all on demand since my black metal collection is insane and i only speak english so i take in very little when it comes to naming names.

also since my band mates are sloth cunts and think that 1 album for 2016 is enough song writing for one year ive gone and started working on a solo dsbm project myself titled warhorn based on the simple fact that i fucking love replicating silencer style vocals and playing/creating ere nocturnal depression style riffs

Cheers, man, sounds fantastic

are you serious? why're they the only ones you enjoy? and in comparison to how many albums have you given the light of day? personally i wont listen to a band at all if i don't like all their albums.

portal vexovoid

I haven't listened to much but here's what has stood out to me the most so far.

>personally i wont listen to a band at all if i don't like all their albums

what the

hey, youre right.

Also, anyone have any reccs for stuff that sounds like Clandestine, Deathspell, MGLA, etc. but with short songs and maybe a bit more crusty/grind?

Idk if it's exactly what you're looking for, but look up Human Serpent

meaning there isn't a band i listen to where i don't enjoy all of the artists work. in my itunes alone i have 1500+ albums aswell

Thanks, they're what I was looking for

Cirrhus

I only like this and krallice is there something wrong with me

yeah go listen to the new anicon

konkurs
is better tho

>triple album is titled triangle

really makes you think

I also like the Howling Wind's album Of Babylon are they considered leave-the-hall-tier too

Very nice taste lads

Great
Garbage
Pretty fun
Good
Great
Great
Meh
Meh
Garbage
Great
Garbage
Great
Garbage
Fun
Meh
Garbage
Garbage
Good
Meh
Great
Great
Meh
Garbage
Not Black metal and their older albums were better
Great
Meh
Good
Amazing

>posts entry-level Immortal
>rates Taake as "meh"

HE'S BREATHING FIRE HOLY SHIT

I think taake is just nothing interesting, his riffs are above average as far as black metal goes, but in the long run they're boring when compared to other genres, demonaz's riffs in early immortal were nothing short of genius