Andy Stott's latest record? Or any of the others?

Andy Stott's latest record? Or any of the others?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67384951#p67404680
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2b1F5fe3kE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is your question

Do you like it?

hes not spotify, so hes on the categoary of that cool artwork album guy that i never hear but this publication just placed him as the 23th best album of the year again lol

its 2016
i quit torrenting albums
if the album is not on spotify
literally kill yourself
holy shit

He's solid, very consistent

one of the only experimental artists that keeps the dance music influence tuned down enough imo

Too Many Voices is an amazing track

What? Really? You prefer renting your music?

I've really enjoyed the progression and development through his albums!

just to preview it in a fastest way,
just to kill the curiosity i already searched his name on spotify and hes not on it, thats a flaw if he want to profit, hes a dumbas if he want to just be the alt guy

mainstream pop artists are desperately seeking freak guys to produce their literal shit

-Arca
-Oneohtrix
-Ariel pink
-hudmo gay ass

all these the most wanted guys wtf

holy shit this so much
hudmo is garbage but he keeps getting booked
don't forget pc music

I'm glad he didn't make yet another earth shattering, dub techno record that bludgeons you to death with its bass. I liked Faith in Strangers but that album was incredibly claustrophobic and uncomfortable at some points.

Too many voices strikes a perfect balances. He toned the complexity and samples down a few notches and just delivered an incredible exercise in mood and atmosphere. It's airy, yet eerie. It doesn't outright try to creep you out like some other songs on his past albums I like the gloominess and slight hints of eroticism.

Kames Blake is the most blatant case, i think they want obviously the hipster industry cosign, the festivals are too lucrative too. They want to be on the magazines, end-year lists too. Making history et. al. They are caring about the quality this whole retro feel.

Motown, old Def Jam, old Sub Pop shit.
Mainstream but quality, i few already stablished producers are parsing their production to mimic whats happening on the alt sides, vaporwave, hypnagogic pop, footworks, wonkys...

jesus christ are you the only good trip on this board

cringe

i'm not a trip
i'm not a travel
i'm not a joint
i'm not a drug
i'm not a love
i'm not Kesha
i'm not a no
4 A.M. ago

So you're judging an artist's music on how they want to monetize it... doesn't make a lot of sense friendo. Sounds like a post hoc rationalization of you being too fucking lazy to use other channels than spotify.

I really like that one Andy Scott album with the b&w "artsy" photo cover

what are you doing outside of bleep
good dub techno releases this year btw? havent caught up

you are a stupid person

mah it just irritates me that he placed his music a little out of the public disposition

the only way to hear it, i must preview it, to see if its worth a dowload
... may a buy too

I listen to a lot of electronic music, like a lot, and I think Stott is one of the best out there right now. A lot to like in his work, a lot of little interesting things happening all at once.

Into any of the other modern love artists?

>muh green circle album art

Same.

Passed Me By and Luxury Problems were both fantastic. I'm not sure I like his newer stuff as much, but Faith In Strangers certainly wasn't bad.

I can't wait to see what he does next.

I was super psyched for Too Many Voices, managed to grab the pretty pink record as well!

I am already excited for his next album!

I think I'll give Too Many Voices another listen in case it grows on me.

If nothing else, the song New Romantic was very good.

I will admit that when I first listened to it, I liked it but wasn't blown away, however, it's super addictive and now I've got my head round it it's in my top 5 albums.

>tripfag shitposting

honestly id rather listen to aphex twin or Autechre over this hack t.bh, this guy just fails at making """""techno""""" """""music""""", is just monotonous, lazy, Without substance......idgi how this guy is acclaimed

Demdike Stare

honestly Too Many Voices didn't impress me as much compared to some of his earlier stuff (Faith in Strangers, Luxury Problems). I just want Passed me by/We Stay Together Andy back, those were his absolute masterpieces.

Would you care to elaborate?

Nice, I too enjoy Demdike Stare's music, shame his records are so hard to pick up.

Him, Andy Stott and Low Jack are all playing in Manchester at the end of Sept if you're in the uk!

Demdike Stare is 2 guys, Miles and Sean. Miles (Whittaker) actually has a collab project with Andy, it's called Millie and Andrea, check it out. They put out Drop The Vowels in 2014, you might enjoy it.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67384951#p67404680

luxury problems>passed me by>faith in strangers>too many voices

retard or just pretending? kys either way

Not him, but cheers, that sounds interesting. Never really got into Demdike Stare in a big way, no release i tried grabbed me enough to get a hold onto their fairly large catalogue.

Listen to We Stay Together. That's one evil, sinister record. It's also tribal and groovy as hell. He dabbles in hauntological themes, especially with We Stay Together.

i'm hoping i'll feel this way after a few more listens. with the exception of new romantic, it was fairly disappointing on the first listen. hopefully his next release will be similar to his dj sets and youtube.com/watch?v=Q2b1F5fe3kE