US Student going to Eastern Europe for University?

I'm considering going to university in Eastern Europe. I've been looking into Slovakia, Slovenia Czech Republic, Croatia, Serbia, and Estonia.

Slovakia: Comenius University in Bratislava
Slovenia: University of Ljubljana
Czech Republic: Charles University in Prague
Croatia: University of Zagreb
Serbia: University of Belgrade
Estonia: University of Tallinn, University of Tartu

No amount of statistics will beat the personal experiences of citizens of that country, so I'd like to hear your opinions on the job markets of your country, university/schooling in your country in general, and how life is in general there (cost of living, quality, etc.)

I'm well aware that I'll have to learn the language. That won't be a problem, especially since there is an incentive. Mother's side is German, so I have an inclination to Germanic language and Nordic language. However, Slavic languages are really interesting to me.

College here is Marxist cancer, and the cost is absolutely fucking crazy. Cost of living in my area is beyond inflated.

My plan is to just do community college here, and continue elsewhere in Europe.

Anons from other countries (Central Europe, Western Europe) opinions are appreciated as well.
The main reason for me rejecting the central or western European option is because of both the migrant crisis, and cost of living in capital cities.

>inb4 "Fuck off we're full" meme

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Czech Republic&city1=Prague&country2=United States&city2=Los Angeles, CA
numbeo.com/crime/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Czech Republic&city1=Prague&country2=United States&city2=Los Angeles, CA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_Czech_Republic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_University
youtu.be/BFKzX7u-3yg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_Czech_Republic
youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/refugee-children-scotland-edinburgh-dubs-amendment-just-arrived-a7415101.html
express.co.uk/news/world/731898/ISIS-refugees-Islamic-State-Germany-Europe-terror-alert
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

please stop memeing on my Central European brethren

>you'll get raped
Serbia: University of Belgrade

>could be worse
Slovakia: Comenius University in Bratislava
Estonia: University of Tallinn, University of Tartu
Czech Republic: Charles University in Prague
Slovenia: University of Ljubljana

>great beaches
Croatia: University of Zagreb

glad you don't even consider ourselves

please spread the word not to come here, and Soros will hopefully close down that motherfucking muslimfeeder CEU

Fuck off we are full

dumb fuck there are no beaches in zagreb

Totally dude. Just make sure you dont come to Spain: as the name of the country indicates, its pretty much another Mexico. Ukraine, Belarus... on the other hand are the epitome of quality of life and education :^)

>Slovakia: Comenius University in Bratislava
Bratislava/Slovakia is a backwards shithole don't go there mr burgere it's a very boring place, no idea about the rest

You could try here, unemployment is pretty low so getting a job isn't that hard and booze is cheap.

It is boring but not shithole, Bratislava region is like top 5 of richest European regions, only duchy of luxembourg and similar shit is above it

Are you stupid?

Genuine question

to stay on topic, i would not reccomend it here, Slovaks are notorious for not liking foreigners, doesnt matter rich and civilized, unis are fucking average not sure if they even have english classes and if they do it will most likely be garbage

What do you want to study? IT is probably the only field, where you can get by without speaking the language. Also University of Tallinn is a meme. University of Tartu and the Tallinn University of Technology are only non-meme unis in this country.

I've been in Bratislava many timeas. It doesn't look that rich.

but it is

szerintem is a kurvaanyját Sorosnak meg a liberális külföldi fertőnek, de azért a CEU új épülete szép lett

That's not saying much though. It's not a uniform comparison, so it's kinda meaningless. If you are comparing the average GDP of small highly concentrated industrial areas to larger, more spread out regions, it's obvious which ones will come out on top.

its per capita though, its pretty useless yea but not meaningless, im just saying that while yes, Bratislava is garbage, it is not backwards,pretty sure its also most expensive city in Eastern Europe if we exclude Moscow.

If Bratislava is backwards shithole idk what rest is then

IT's similar story with Mazowsze (green region in Poland). If you exclude Warsow it's actually one of the poorer regions.

Yeah but Bratislava carries whole Slovakia, highest taxes and no €uroshekels. East is pretty much glorified Ukraine, north is just fucking mountains and south is magyar caliphate lazy coons

Dont come here, terrible place, high crime, drugs everywhere, hateful people, it stinks. Go to Serbia, its lovely place, friendly people everywhere.

but it is backwards culturally. restaurants are shit, you dont have all damn delicious hipsters places, people are rude as fuck,hotel base suck, train/bus stations are from the 40s, people are rude, close minded and dressed poorly and it goes on and euro fucked you so well that everything is expensive now(i've been there pre euro a few times and pricces were pretty good). Bratislava is my no1 most disappointing city and no meme graphs will change that.

>I'm well aware that I'll have to learn the language.
>That won't be a problem

Monolanguals. Everytime.

Literally who cares about that crap.

>no hipster restaurants, people are close minded

Off to the gas chambers with you

What are you studying?

Here, you usually pick a college and focus towards one topic from the beginning.

If it's STEM, the colleges here are good, but don't come here hoping to get a job afterwards, unless you're in IT, the job market is completely blocked and undercutted by our "weird" student work system.

It's probably ok if you just plan to study here and move back to USA, the universities are much better than your community colleges (or so I've heard), but if you plan to continue living in the country after graduation, I'd recommend west europe because of the higher living standard.

First of all, we are Central European
Second of all, I doubt you will learn Slovene
Third of all, fuck off we're full

>euro fucked you so well

t. economist, people can buy more now than they could before we adopted euro, our economy is getting better every year

> people are rude, close minded

welcome to Slovakia, its like this literally in whole country. There are bars and places to go but its fucking 400 000 pop city, its small and industrial, you are let down because you expected something out of nothing. And believe it or not, those meme graphs have actual worth as opposed to your anectodal evidence. If Bratislava is backwards poland is stone age

You're probably better off taking your slavboo classes in America.

Did you know Estonians can vote online now?

if you are asking seriously why ask here. these fuckers will just meme you. go to city-data or something.

fuck off, we're empty

well I'm not going to argure with this autism, you should leave slovensko once in a while, really and other anons explained you why is this graph completly irrelevant but i guess you didnt understand

If i can stay in Slovakia for one month im happy. You dont understand at all, Bratislava is not tourist city, they dont give a fuck if tourists dont like it, there is Vienna 45 minutes away that is literally better and bigger/prettier Bratislava.

Bratislava is where €€€ is being made, if you want your dick sucked for being foreigner Praha is few hours away.

AND for actually living/studying its one of best in EE

Thanks for the replies, even the meme ones.
Sorry for being geographically autistic by the way.

I'm sort of looking at eastern Europe and moving toward the west, looking at the options.

Also, I'm not going to grab the degree and fuck off, I'd gladly contribute to the country, maybe even start a business.

Right-wing politcal parties in France and Germany could gain more traction since Trump's win, so I'll look at those soon.

>maybe even start a business.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

well, good luck...

oh and if you're basing any of your choices on silly internet political ideologies, you're a dunce

everyone is running from eastern europe despite what memes here say

>eastern Europe and moving toward the west,

wont happen ever, maybe with few countries like Slovenia or Czech Republic

Czech Republic seems pretty chill.

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Czech Republic&city1=Prague&country2=United States&city2=Los Angeles, CA

numbeo.com/crime/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Czech Republic&city1=Prague&country2=United States&city2=Los Angeles, CA

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_Czech_Republic

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_University

youtu.be/BFKzX7u-3yg

You can come, but only if you gay marry me so I get the US citizenship

Prague= more foreigners than czechs xd

Why would you want US citizenship? This place is getting expensive as fuck.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_Czech_Republic

Also, I had absolutely no idea that the Czech Republic was this accepting of homosexuals, as opposed to Croatia and Slovakia.

My family is upper middle class, but in Los Angeles, that means middle-class struggling to go higher. There's likely cheaper places in the United States, but my parents refuse to move. Both have 8 years until retirement. They're both very cynical about countries other than the United States, so moving to one, or just studying in one is complete taboo, and will cause a huge argument. I say fuck em, let them get all pissy and be shocked when I come back (if I do) with a good degree and no student debt.

youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0

check this doccumentary on Slovakia if you would like it

desu Charles uni is for smart people
you wont probably make it there
t. knower

Whats your major?
There may be more suitable unis for you.
And if you wanna come here, drink and fuck, Charles uni is generally not the choice.

Are there entrance exams and grade requirements and such in universities in Czech Republic? Are there any where you just pay monies receive education? I'm fucking old and don't meet requirements for anything anymore, I just want a degree so I can fuck around in academia until I kill myself :(

Welcome to ČZU.
Entrance exams are pretty lax.
You will have school 3 days per week.. 2 if you manage to fuck it all up in them.

Economics classes are full of dumb bitches that love cock.
Russian bitches are present in hordes.

You can find yourself some nice part time job, bitch and still have tons of time to yourself and ace studies as well.

PS.: You wont have to pay a dime.

fun fact:
>Its the most modern uni thanks to recent government donations to modernize Czech state unis.

Kek
I'm a little above average student, with 100+ hours of community service with a local law enforcement exploring program, and was in AFJROTC during first 3 years of highschool. So since my academics are a bit above everage, I might be able to point at my community service hours. (Not really interested in law enforcement or the military, the only two things in my area besides aerospace with high layoffs.)
I'm in the transition period of highschool to college. I haven't really nailed down what to do, but I've always been great at History, and I love biology. What's in demand in Europe and/or the Czech Republic?

lmao you think they will give a fuck about some community service

>he's not smart enough to get grants after community college do he has to go to a mudhut shaman school in the ass of yurope

RIP, user.
Are (((for-profit private colleges))) a thing in the Czech Republic? This sounds too good to be true.

mech. engi is top tier and guaranteed high paying job with prospects of working for German company = even more shekels

economics were on the boom during and post crisis.. now everyone studies them but I would say there is gonna be over saturated
market with econ majors

Anything IT related is brdi gud
No. They are a meme for dumb kids.
State schools >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Private schools

Not really, but it's better than nothing tbqh senpai.
Here's the thing, I have some scholarships lined up and signed up for CalGrant. I'd likely go to a CSU or UC, and if I don't live on-campus, the local rent is too fucking high. I would rather die than have student loan debt. Parents refuse to pay anything past community college.

tho with biology(&chemistry) you could try medicine
and you will find yourself in 70% pussy collective
same with any history or econ. major

STEM is complete opposite though

First of the government is paying for my sisters liberal arts degree at a private school in it's entirety. So you are lazier than a future waitress and quite possibly dumber too.

Thanks senpai. I'll look into mechanical engineering. My only problem with IT is new tech coming out too fast to learn well. IT Manager positions sound a lot more enticing, with the right balance of being able to socialize and work with tech.
We have the same problem in the US. History is fun and all, but it's low paying and useless. For example, archeology seems like a god-tier job (exercise and seeing your knowledge actually be worth something), but a starting position requires a masters degree, and is around $45,000 salary.

Second of all if you believe for one minute that the degree that you'll get from eastern Europe is worth the paper it's printed on you are extremely naive

ČVUT is top tier mech engi school here.. so its also filled with autists and chances of slaying uni pussy will be low
its hard school tho
t. flunked ČVUT production and economics of engi.

Which one sounds better:
UCSB major in literature, join the Slavic History club
MGU Major in Slavic literature. (Obviously I'm not doing any of those, just an example.)
I'm just weighing my options right now. I started looking at eastern Europe when this thread started. Now, with what in learning about, it seems like a not-so-good idea. Now I'm looking at central and western Europe.

If you are going to Europe go to the u.k. Their degrees are worth it. Otherwise i would look into other options here. Especially outside of California

engi from ČVUT is worth more than any of your meme unis in states

I have a friend in 2dn sem Ing. in aviation eng. and she already works for the biggest light rotor engine producing company in the world

I'm fine with not fucking like a rabbit in college if I have a chance at making good money in Europe. Better than going to a UC or CSU and going to class in debt and having to take a "Gender Studies" as a mandatory class.

Keep believing that

You can't make good money in Europe. You get punished for making money there.

Škoda is gonna open up to American market
in two years you and everyone you know is gonna drive a Superb you dumbo
accept superiourity of Czech engineering

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/refugee-children-scotland-edinburgh-dubs-amendment-just-arrived-a7415101.html

express.co.uk/news/world/731898/ISIS-refugees-Islamic-State-Germany-Europe-terror-alert

One concern with the UK is the refugee issue.
Tbh I'd rather go to a college in the capital of an underrepresented (as in nobody talks about in the mainstream) country than some unknown/ random one one in the UK.

They have sort of the same system as the US, which isn't that bad, but it does piss me off if I were to get straight A through highschool, the state test can offset that. At least in Commiefornia.

Lel. I can see it getting the Renault treatment here

comparing Czech artistry with
>French engineering

Didn't vw own skoda

it still does
though all Škodas are still overseen by czechs and is czech based company
tho lately germans are getting their butts in the skoda since they fucked up their VW brand with the diesel fiasco

>College here is Marxist cancer, and the cost is absolutely fucking crazy. Cost of living in my area is beyond inflated.
It will also land you a good job if you get the right degree. Going to the Meme University of Fagreb will likely get you a shitty job managing a child prostitution ring.

The migrant crisis is really only a 'crisis' in Germany and very specific major cities in France. Don't disregard the entirety of western europe because of that. There are a ton of good universities in the Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, etc.

Yes, Eastern Europe is cheap as fuck but theres a reason.

Switzerland is expensive, but I'll look into Denmark, Netherlands, and Austria. Cost of living is the deciding factor desu.
Also, in your opinion which as the best colleges? England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland?

England, but it's by far the most expensive. If expense is a concern, I'd forget about England unless you wanna go to the University of Plymouth and live in a shed

Remember while visiting that Europeans piss in the toilet, not the sink. If you get caught pissing in the sink it's quite a faux pas.

That explains the looks I was getting

If you plan to study in Slovenia, you need to know that college education is indeed free, but application process is primitive and offline, and the cunt itself is shite.

>media are all far-left
>if you vote right, you'll get death threats
>literally Belarus tier of political freedom
>literally Cambodia tier of mass graves caused by communist terror
>inevitable economic collapse due to economic isolationist policies
>people are ignorant and most of the time drunk
>immigrants slowly ruining our culture, supported by cultural marxist media
>huge mosque and a sharia zone to be constructed by the end of next year

Literally one of the worst places on earth, but hey, at least college's free.

reminder that this poster is engulfed in internet meme ideologies and doesn't know what he's talking about

Is it hard to get into the Chemistry, Biochemistry or Pharmacy program?

I just want to do drugs and have hot gay sex in Prague while studying tbqh.

Pretiraval je samo pri prvih dveh točkah čsi