This album is amazing until For Sale?, after that it just falls apart into preachy ass shit...

This album is amazing until For Sale?, after that it just falls apart into preachy ass shit. I can't stop cringing at the big dick big nose line and the DUDE IM BLACK LMAO shit and the political lyrics get annoying as fuck.

If that's all you got from the lyrics then I'm sorry for you.

>DUDE IM BLACK LMAO
why are you pretending not to understand the point of that song

I didn't enjoy it as much as Good Kid Maad City either. The whole concept was good but forced and forced a times. I felt songs like: Hood Politics,You Aint Gotta Lie, and Blacker the Berry were cringeworthy shit to listen to . Other songs like Complexion and i were good but done before and better by other musicians and the way it was put was simple like Jimmy Eat World was giving a pep talk. It was definitely his Strictly 4 my Niggaz Album.

The repetition of the spoken word lines so often got very annoying as well. It's too heavy-handed. Good Kid was a better album overall.

>this album is amazing until For Sale?

That is actually really true, everything else is mediocre af

>I can't stop cringing at the big dick big nose line and the DUDE IM BLACK LMAO shit and the political lyrics get annoying as fuck.
Would you say that this album has TRIGGERED you? Do you need a SAFE SPACE to discuss its flaws and shortcomings?

>DUDE IM BLACK LMAO

why is it wrong for black people to write lyrics about being black?

no one bitches when indie rock artists bitch about white people problems

But you ain't gotta lie is one of the only good songs on the album. You don't need to be from Compton to relate to it. Plus the beat is cool and the hook is catchy.

got 99 problems but a white people aint one

what a load of bullshit. everybody thinks their words are hot shit these days.

Really was a shit album compared to maad city or section 80, this is probably the start of his downfall. Besides the blacker the berry and I they all get skipped I don't care how oppressed blacks are you nigger

you're the exact kind of person that probably shouldn't be listening to kendrick then. it's really funny how racists are always blatantly autistic. kill yourself homie there aint nothin to salvage as far as your life goes.

If you think butterfly is better than maad city or section 80 then you have serious shit taste in rap. The only racist is kendrick he won't shut the fuck up about how hard blacks have and how we should be sucking their dicks for doing nothing productive in society.

nah I don't have shit taste, man. good try, though!

kendrick never said none of that shit you're talking about. you're delusional, stupid and a racist. congrats on not understanding a single damn thing he was conveying clearly. open your ears, open your mind, start loving.

It's objectively his worst album so yes your taste is shit. Just look at this fucking picture the whole album conveys a message of "poor us we have it so hard and we're always oppressed when will it get better". Pathetic. Just imagine if a white guy did the same thing. you stupid niggers would never shut up about it

is there anything more cliche and cringey than a rapper who raps about race issues?

yes we get it, youre black

>objectively worse
you're actually making me laugh dude.

white people doing the same thing would make the whole fucking planet cringe because white people literally aren't oppressed in any way that matters. keep being an idiot, it's entertaining for the rest of us.

You're a fucking idiot.

Keep being a nigger it's hilarious. How are black oppressed in America? Too lazy to work?

>DUDE IM BLACK LMAO
You really should pay attention to lyrics.

All it is is Kendrick parroting back all his influences, but there’s no synthesis.
He’s excessively complicating sub-genres that worked before — songs that felt vital because of their simplicity and directness.
And for an artist who has staked his claim to the throne as the best rapper alive, Kendrick spends a curious amount of time noodling around with half-baked harmonies. For all the genre-liquefying freakouts of Aquemini, Andre and Big Boi’s message was built into searing raps and coherent narratives.
The closest thing to a lucid narrative on To Pimp a Butterfly is a conversation with a homeless guy who turns out to be Jesus.

The sequencing kills momentum. This dick might be costly, but the “Cab Calloway goes to the Lyricist Lounge” razzmatazz ramrods the natural pacing. The intro to “For Sale” opens like a college acapella crew who just learned what G-Funk was. Then for no reason at all, Kendrick deploys Nas’ “Who Killed It“ voice. At other times, it sounds like he’s been trapped in coach on a Delta flight listening to Eminem. By employing all these thinly-sketched characters, he obscures the most powerful parts of his best work–his own thoughts, his own voice.

Filling an album with timely ideas and righteous fury isn’t enough when the songwriting is weak. Kendrick’s shielded himself from criticism under the cover of “experimentation” and ambition. If you don’t “get it,” there’s an easy refuge in saying the album is avant-garde even if that’s not entirely true. Ultimately, it has more in common with the meandering songwriting of Nas’ Untitled or Lupe after he turned into Whoopi Goldberg, than a socially conscious masterpiece like Marvin Gaye’s What’s Goin’ On. Big ideas don’t excuse flawed songwriting. Kendrick went bigger, but he didn’t go deeper. Complexity doesn’t absolve you from providing answers.

you cant prove me wrong lol.

>he's getting rused this hard
70% of the time you see someone here being racist it's ironic
>t. ironic Sup Forums browser

"I'm black as a heart of a fucking aryan". Yeah totally not racist. He went from hiipower and fuck your ethnicity to rapping about nothing but stricly his ethnicity. He had an agenda with the album and it wasn't to make a good music it was to bitch about how oppressed black are when in reality they aren't. Systematic racism is a myth, you have a better chance of being accepted into college if your black then if you're white, but most nigger are to lazy to pay attention in school, not our fault

Stop discussing rap music, it's all trash. Literally on par with kpop

I cringed pretty hard when i watched a video of 200 black people chanting ''we gon' be alright!" protesting in the baltimore riot.

He's a good musician but rap music shouldn't be heralded as the end all source for intellectual stimulation for an entire culture.

He's not like a great writer from the 1970's or a philosopher who broke through with a new school of thought. He's a really talented musician, but his audience is so deprived of intelligence that they honestly believe he is ''changing the face of music'' and is the ''defining voice of a generation''. P4k and other trash blogs helped spread this myth around like it was a disease.

It depresses me that this is what the world has come to.... a place where progress in the arts really isnt linear.

>What is shit white people say for $500 Alex?

Also

>He's not a great writer from the 1970's
>lolwut

>DUDE IM BLACK LMAO
kill yourself white boy

>political lyrics get annoying as fuck
what are you, like 13?

Only good songs on the album are:

For Free
These Walls (best on album)
The second half of u
Alright
For Sale
Momma
The Blacker the Berry

I suspect it's just one weird guy who really hates this line and posts about it in every TPAB thread. No one else's feelings got hurt by this

Never said it hurt my feelings but it's clearly a racist statement towards whites. If eminem did the same thing you'd be shitting yourself and crying about it for years. But good job at countering the many other points I made....

He was obviously trying to refer to Nazism with that line, though it was sort of clumsy and open to more offensive interpretations. The only context he's probably ever heard that word in is that of white supremacy.

> The intro to “For Sale” opens like a college acapella crew who just learned what G-Funk was.

THat's ridiculous. You do not know G-Funk at all

He is rapping as a character, moron. "Hypocrite"

The whole second half of your post is terrible bait.

If you actually believe it, then I feel sorry for you.

cant disprove it so it must be bait? Good job nigger.

>no one bitches when indie rock artists bitch about white people problems
yeah they fucking do m8

its easily the most common criticism I hear of any band with white people in it

You're actually lying to yourself if you don't think this album is a masterpiece.

Still the best album of 2015 by a country mile.

Even if it wasn't his best album (GKMC is better and a 9/10).

>why is it wrong for black people to write lyrics about being black?
Sup Forums

I'm pretty right wing, but I keep my politics away from my music
Only track on this album I actually hated was You Ain't Gotta Lie. It was beyond annoying

whenever I hear the start of
>I remember you was conflicted
>Misusing your influ-
Shit makes me cringe so hard I have to skip it every time, I doubt know who that appear to.