/grimes/

Discuss the awesome Canuck electronic artist Claire Boucher known as Grimes.

Suggested topics:
>How and when did you find out about her?
>Rank/rate her albums and post your favorite songs of hers.
>Did you see her live? Do you plan to?
>Who would you like to see her collab with?

Some cool stuff:
New! (FYF Fest 2016): Downloads: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations
Important: genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated

Try to keep it music related, be nice to Grimes and to each other!

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BJqseS2DuDH/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> linking plebbit

Can /grimes/ go down even further?

Jumping Grimes

/grimes/ are friends with /r/grimes.

I actually met Grimes the other day in downtown Los Angeles, where I live.

I asked for a picture but she brushed me off and told me that she was too busy to talk to me.

Mayonnaise was EVERYWHERE.

cowen lmao

how long until the colab?

Has to colab with bjork first.

>“It wasn’t so much a scrapped album,” Boucher tells me. “It was just [songs] that didn’t make it onto this album. Basically, I was doing a bunch of stuff, and maybe a bit before ‘Go,’ I was like, ‘You know, my life is getting a lot better. I’m going to put all this stuff on a hard drive and start again. There were just hundreds of songs—on this album that I’m making now, there’s at least a hundred songs that won’t make it onto this. I think all musicians have songs that don’t make it onto records.”

WHEN?

>How and when did you find out about her?
>Rank/rate her albums and post your favorite songs of hers.
>Did you see her live? Do you plan to?
>Who would you like to see her collab with?

I mean is this where all the underage anons come when they aren't browsing youtube and myspace?

If you're unwilling to contribute, please leave this place. It's not for underage pricks like you.

>myspace
have i time travelled back to 2006 again

after Charli will colab with Coil as they share same interests

Coil are dead.

I think this would actually be pretty cool desu

:^)

Grimes is awful to be honest, if you heard one song then you heard them all.

You listened to just one song so far. Right?

You only heard one.

does grimes play world of warcraft

which part of her fanbase does grimes like the most?

is it the reddit grimers? the twitter/instagram trashies? the Sup Forums voignamirians? the tumblr plagues?

Anyone saw her FYF Fest performance?

it was really good

grimes KILLED it, despite technical troubles at the end

No, it was streamed?

I think she likes her reddit fans the most.

No. I meant if someone saw it irl.

desu i think we are her secret faves.

I wouldn't doubt it, they seem to cause the least amount of trouble and aren't as annoying as the other major groups.

I've never even seen her interact with her tumblr fanbase, and I'm sure she's unaware that there is an actual decent collection of not-creepy, not-objectifying fans here on Sup Forums these days.

Meanwhile the trashies tend to be really fucking annoying... she doesn't check her DMs and recently disabled comments on her instagram. Half the comments on trashique are inane stupid shit like "me" and "OMG SO CUUUTE

>all the haters hated when we made go and now look at @bloodpop writing hits with the best. so proud of u mike. how curious that spin media who started the rumour that i hate go and tried to publicly pit me against my best friend is now for sale cuz no on reads their hateful clickbait. i guess hard work and perseverance pay off better than attacking and harassing people who actually make stuff. in the end all that negativity was just a #perfectillusion

instagram.com/p/BJqseS2DuDH/

Instagram stuff my guess, they are not even opinionated people they just randomly and positively comment on pics and stuff.

me

She's sick of these pesky Instagram & Twitter fans. She had enough of "slay queen" and "omg how cute".

Grims + Gaga collaboration incoming.

Are you ready for the cultural baptism?

Imo looks more like the bicycle version of a flying side kick to me (although I'm no expert.)

But the real TRUE love comes from these gerenals, we love her more than the redditors

I mean sure we're pretty great, but we're a diamond in the rough. Not only are we literally surrounded by the kind of vitriol that grimes likes to avoid, but we tend to have a penchant for doing uncomfortable/creepy shit, like uncovering that beautifulthin debacle.

We're obsessed like trashies, but we aren't braindead and we are very curious.

That is, if she even knows we exist. Her publicist probably knows we exist, but I seriously doubt they would tell her about us.

Yes. But the surrounding environment is toxic. Too much shitposting here.

I can see this.

She'd probably rather have the inane, annoying shitposts than people causing trouble like Reddit and we do.

She probably knows, I think that the Sup Forums fanbase was the main reason that made her disable the instagram comments, we love her but look around, we're fucking creeps

This. Veteran posters forget just how hazardous Sup Forums is. We've evolved to the environment and developed mental waders that allow us to walk through the horrible shit, but to someone who's not used to it this place is extremely caustic.

I'd imagine it's only worse when it's hateposts being written about you.

From /r/grimes

Nah, she probably disabled them for the same reason she disabled youtube comments:
It was filled with MRAs and haters and she just got sick of reading that garbage.

I agree with us being creeps though. We're pretty much unrivaled as far as stans go. Like, one peg below animejames tier.

I found out about her with Oblivion, heard Genesis at some point.
Then I saw she was one of the names I recognized at this festival I went to this summer
Listened to Realiti, then listened to Art Angels the day before I left for the festival.
LOVED IT.
Saw her live on like 2 hours of sleep and just the right amount of beer.

Life-changing, truly life-changing.

Unfortunately I only took 2 photos, the other one is even worse
Fortunately I was too busy turning up to take any more

Her best social media post in many years. I almost couldn't believe that's real, and she hasn't deleted it yet. Keep being honest this way and call out the ones who still exist, help them go out of business, please Grimes.

I think Hana does

Keep the reddit shit away from here. Thanks.

>voignamirians are tsundere for grimers just like voignamir was tsundere for grimes at the end of his life
like pottery

Nice story, I'm glad that you discovered this great artist.

how does reddit cause trouble?
Do they try to uncover shit too?

They are our friends, you intolerant dumbass.