Ask a Portuguese diasporafag anything. I will answer all questions

Ask a Portuguese diasporafag anything. I will answer all questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dv6QhRMla_4?t=206
youtube.com/watch?v=hqWTTitg5RM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-rFPts0014
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why are we superior to every other diaspora?

>A FUCKIN ALBERTO BARBOSA

I don't know. I think the Avecs are hated by pretty much everyone.

I haven't heard anything bad about us or the US diaspora, though. You in New England?

What makes you feel Portuguese?
What makes you feel Canadian?

Same for you, except s/Canadian/American/

Having grown up with a consciousness of my ethnic identity, mostly. I was raised in a Portuguese neighbourhood so I have always been keenly aware of my roots. It's inescapable.

I'm totally Canadian as far as culture is concerned, though. When I go to Portugal it's not like I feel at home; I'm definitely an alien there and the culture feels somewhat familiar and somewhat alien at the same time from my perspective.

What province do you live in ?

What's it like knowing your family came from the most third world country in Western Europe?

Ontario.

Portugal is by definition not third world. I understand that you, as a Brazilian whose country is more akin to the world's largest unenclosed zoo than anything bearing even the remotest resemblance to a functioning state, are more interested in showing just how big the chip on your shoulder is than asking a legitimate question, but I'll answer anyway.

I'm fine with my family's origins. A have a good family and a good community. I see nothing to be ashamed of.

>I see nothing to be ashamed of.
>Gets triggered anyways.

It's ok Anony kun, your family is far from all of that now.

Shh no tears, only dreams now.

I thought first world countries had no favelas. I was also quite surprised to know the average Portuguese earns 10x more in Angola than they do in Portugal.
youtu.be/dv6QhRMla_4?t=206

Also, Portugal resembles Rio de Janeiro in many aspects, it even has favelas and public shootings. I just hope you're not building any favelas in Canada.
youtube.com/watch?v=hqWTTitg5RM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-rFPts0014

I thought your autobiography was excellent, btw.

When you go back ?

Fortunately none of that has much of anything at all to do with me. I'm on the other side of the Atlantic.

>Can't handle the banter: the post

Never.

Why does Canada have such a high Barbosa diaspora anyways?

Many of the immigrants came here in flight of the Estado Novo. I couldn't tell you why they chose Canada specifically. Maybe it was just a shorter trip from the Azores than a place like Brazil.

I'm pretty sure GetĂșlio Vargas had a large part over Portuguese immigrants rejecting Brazil. You wouldn't want to flee a dictatorship to go to another dictatorship, nor a republic ruled by someone who was a dictator just 5 years ago.