What did your league look like ten years ago

Take a look at your first division from 2005/06.
Got it? Pic related, PL 05/06.
Take a look at it now. Does it surprise you?

Why not have a stab at predicting 2025/26 right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/2006.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs in the top 5

It looks like all that has really changed at the top is Man City taking Liverpool's old spot.

Prediction for 2025/26:

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Arsenal
5. Manchester City
6. Liverpool

Conference 10 years ago. One of those teams will be in the championship next season

>tfw Charlton Athletic fan

4. Arsenal

Burton, is it?

> No Braintree United
> No Dublin Dons

You're clueless

My team (Karagrandy) took 4th, which would signal some tumultuous years to come until our championships in 11 and 12

>no AFC Wimbledon

>Arsenal
WENGER OUT

John Green plz go and stay go.

Which part of the steppes are you from, la

I wonder how Energetic they were to be relegated.

Do Arsenal always finish 4th?

That was does first top 5 finish in the premier league iirc
Was the lasagne-gate season too, should have been 4th

Didn't they almost beat Celtic?

>6 out of 10 are still there
>as of next season there'll be 2 Romandie teams again, with Lausanne coming back up
>YB still not winning shit
Not much has changed really. Except for a bunch more clubs getting into financial trouble.

Does= spurs*

>me 10 years ago
happy
>me now
severe depression

There's also no more relegation playoff, so I guess that's at least an important change.

where is leicester?
im lifelong btw

EPL prediction for 2025/26

1. Manchester Mujahideen
2. London Sharia Warriors
3. Birmingham Halal Club
4. Manchester Jihadi Fighters
5. Sons of Muhammed (PBUH)

>tfw League 2 now

It hurts

But we'll win the play-offs, r-right?

In the midlands

>That 5th place

So glad we got out the year after.

Also
>Altrincham getting stupidly lucky with other clubs collapsing and surviving 3 seasons is the relegation zone

it's weird to hear that teams are mismanaged in Switzerland honestly
I had the image or you guys being super transparent and having good owners

Why is Arsenal always 4th? How do we fix this shit /aspie/? Also post yfw they will lose the next match to become 4th again.

It's mostly the clubs in the French and Italian speaking parts. The German ones just tend to live on a really thin budget. Over the past decade and a half the following clubs have been relegated/ refused promotion at some point, due to bankruptcy
>Servette (twice)
>Lausanne Sport (who at least have sorted their shit out now)
>FC Lugano
>AC Bellinzona
>FC Biel-Bienne right now
Biel-Bienne are actually doing so bad, that they've had points deducted, had all their matches in the return leg of the season given as 0-0 draws, with both teams coming away with 0 points, have had their players strike and are having their licence revoked and will be forcibly relegated to the third division, which they probably would be anyway, because of the points deduction. And they have a former brothel owner in their board of directors.

That was the last second FCZ wins the league in Basel and massive chimpouts commenced season right?

This is some next level hipster shit

Not much difference. Top 4 nearly exactly the same, just swap AZ and Ajax. Most other clubs still there, only RBC went bankrupt and RKC, Sparta and NAC were in the 2nd tier this season. Sparta won the 2nd tier and is getting promoted and NAC is in playoffs for promotion so they might get back, RKC is trash though

>Huntelaar was top goalscorer
wew

Which part of Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan are you from lad?

Yeah. Then Basel got punished for failing to control their fans. And I guess not much has changed in that respect either.

this hits too close to home
here there's a fucking mess with the tier 2 teams, one got unrecognized by the FA and a tier 3 team cannot get into tier 2 because they can't pay the expenses, but they are forced to do it anyways, so the whole club will be unviable next season.

Although here there's a lot more corruption going on: the 3 big teams (Colo-Colo, Universidad de Chile and Universidad Católica) take all the decisions in the FA to make all the profit they can at the cost of risking the smaller teams

>9 (nine) points

I miss the intertoto cup desu
Cup winners cup too

Oktyabriskiy district senpai

XDXDXD

yeah it was 3-2 them on aggregate

>Blackburn
>Bolton
>Wigan
>Fulham
>Charlton
>Middlesbrough
>Portsmouth

I feel sad

You now remember HSV and Bremen

>implying the true dons aren't returning for the premierl eagle

EPL prediction for 2025/26
Red Bull Sheffield
Manchester United
Swansea City
Arsenal
Sunderland

its super weird
>those porto golden years
>the lizards being regularly better than the moors
>boavista being good
>leiria, estrela and naval (feels strange not to have them around anymore, they're 3rd tier now!)
>paços, rio ave, vitoria being so shit
a lot really does change in 10 years Sup Forums...

not only that, they also got knocked out of the Dutch Cup by a 4th tier team in the first round lel

>bayernwinslol

You choose and interesting year op
>Inter winning by coming third

>PSG being shit
>Marseille having still Ribéry, Nasri and Niang

good ol' dayz

>tfw no matter the year there is a despicable team winning with no competition

Nothing ever changed in swiss football.
We have one team that dominates the league with raw money until they go almost broke due to thinking this club must be the next Bayern Munich or Real Madrid (Basel and GC know that story) and become irrelevant and another team takes over...

Fans will always chimp out and some commentator will call it a big league on SRF2 kek

It's sad, really sad.

>our PL promotion was ten years ago

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

Calciopoli was a wonderful thing

>some commentator will call it a big league on SRF2
kek

At least there's Ruefer with his 'Every game is either the best ever, or absolutely shit' commentary

Fucking hannover man, glad they finally went down

ayy

>Werder Bremen 2nd
>HSV 3rd

also 2026 prediction:
>porto
>benfica
>boavista
>braga
>zaportem
>rio ave
>guimaraes
>paços
>estoril
>chaves
>maritimo
>belenenses
>nacional
>academica
>beira mar
>setubal
>salgueiros
>santa clara
>gondomar

7 of those teams will be in the prem next season, with one of them being reigning champs. Good parity desu, and people say the gap between the prem and the championship is getting wider

Pinto Costa will be dead and so will Porto unfortunately.

>collapse and fall out of playoff spot
We will never be promoted will we lads?

Ten years since we reached the second tier for the first time in decades. Well shit.

It's so great it could actually be a international top rated comedy show they just would have to rebrand it.

>Sochaux
>Strasbourg
>Lens

Sad

>the state of zurich

>all the euroboo americans itt

So literally everyone but the bottom 3 got a reward, and even those 3 don't get relegated. How do teams get the motivation to play if they aren't in title contention?

If they get relegated I'm making a thread every day for a week to laugh at them.

>North American SuperLiga
my sides

>cups for everybody

Very nice, America

>5th gets into a seemingly better tourny than 2nd and 3rd
>9th qualifies for a better tourny than 4th
>No relegation

Just join up with the mexican league already

That's the we got into the CL and got big money to spent, whoops we're broke cycle of swiss teams.

I would join the shitposting just because I still can't get it how you could possible get relegate with a pretty good team.

8 years ago, but it was the best time

>Russian First Division
>don't

There was actually a team in Vladivostok? Away games must have been a bitch

>match postponed due to snow

>10 gorillion km just to play a match

>Parma

Read an article that they had to rebrand the name and become a 'new' club. Also that one of their serie a players stayed, they're doing well and their fan turnout is pretty good for the league they're in

I now remember Portsmouth fc

This is p weird, next season all twelve teams will be back unless Silkeborg completely choke in their pomotion fight.

10 years ago italy won the WC ending Zidane's careerr in the process, today Zidane it's coaching an CL finalist team while italian football only remember it's former glory. sheit.

Borat pls.

did a save with them on FM. Was pretty funny getting into CL and making teams like PSG literally fly across the world for the >European Champions Leaugue

The Yankees were the best team in the league and the Royals were a punching bag. Times have changed.

14 teams still in serie A (With Santa Cruz getting 3 relegations in a row and getting back this year)
3 on serie B (one of them is my team ;-;)
2 on serie C
Fucking São Caetano not even on Serie D and in the São Paulo 2nd state division

Might as well play in the Japanese league.

> cusb

also, RIP freakshow 6-team division

baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/2006.shtml

daaaaaaaaaaaaayum

Depressing that that #1 draft pick never amounted to anything, either.

Back in Pachuca's golden age full of meme teams and probably the most boring and irrelevant outcome Mexican football has ever seen. The league still used the group format back then.

This is the first group, Atlante, San Luis and Necaxa play in the second division now and Tecos disappeared.

No FCV ;_;

>Portsmouth
Are they still in League 1? Or did they finally collapse entirely?

They're in the playoffs in League 2

>I still can't get it how you could possible get relegate with a pretty good team.
Canepa's retarded obsession with a big name manager, instead of getting someone who's actually done shit.

>HSV not the biggest club in Germany

Fritz pls

>15 points

Felt sorry for MicMac that season, >our top scorer was Anthony Le Tallec, Liam Lawrence, Tommy Miller AND Dean Whitehead with a staggering 3 goals.

Prime Eto'o
Prime Villa
Prime Ronaldinho
Prime Riquelme
Diego and Gabi Milito
Ronaldo
Torres
Zidane
Forlan
Maxi López
Larsson
18 y/o messi already scoring 6 goals

Good times indeed

>Osasuna 4th

fucking hell

I hate being reminded Forest were as far down as they were. I suppose if there's any solace Swansea and Bournemouth are in the premier league right now. It still might happen again one day. ;_;