Which sub-Saharan African country will be the first to become 1st world

Which sub-Saharan African country will be the first to become 1st world

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QOj_NvfTLUU
youtu.be/dvCbPRgFotk
newtelegraphonline.com/world-bank-african-economic-growth-falls-20-year-low/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-01/cash-strapped-angola-struggling-to-pay-debts-dos-santos-says
countryeconomy.com/demography/life-expectancy/botswana
countryeconomy.com/demography/life-expectancy/namibia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will never happen

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Even when you deport all your African Americans there it still will never be 1st World.

How do u know

Botswana and Namibia seem to be doing fine

Nigeria seems to be doing OK too

RHODESIA
H
O
D
E
S
I
A

Was always shit

The urban parts of most African countries are already first world.

Seychelles and Mauritius

Probably Namibia assuming the whites can keep their numbers up.
Lots of Afrikaners have apparently been moving there from South Africa as well.

It won't be Zimbabwe, that's for sure.

Seychelles.

Black Namibians actually don't seem so bad, by comparison.

I saw a video once asking them what they loved about their country, and they all seemed fairly patriotic.

Lagos sure isn't, not with Makoko

Here is video

youtu.be/QOj_NvfTLUU

Hmmm, I have a few although some can already be considered "1st World tier":

1) Angola

2) Rwanda

3) Namibia

4) Botswana

5) Equatorial Guinea

6) Gabon

7) Mauritius

>Seychelles
This, or Mauritius

>Sri Lanka

Cool.

Nice accent.

>Gabon

youtu.be/dvCbPRgFotk

South Africa, Nigeria, Angola.

For Africa to prosper, Africans themselves have to change...
such things are impossible

That's some pretty funky music.

RWANDA

Is it spelled like "Ruanda" or "Ru'vanda"?

Kenya, the only thing holding them back is the recent droughts and environmentalism. The only thing making Kenya a third world is that the whole country is polluting the shit out of it and recent urbanization is forcing Masaai out of their rural homes. However, now you find the half the young people in a small village herding cattle while getting an MBA in Nairobi. That's one of the benefits of urbanization, that most people that live in rural areas can take a bus or walk to the city to get an education

>Rwanda
>Not machete tier

I imagine that's the Spanish spelling. It's typically Rwanda.

It's impossible to answer that question, it's like going back to 1700 and asking which western European country will be the most developed by 1900. Countries like Rwanda or Gabon might be growing faster than the rest of the continent for the next few years, but then who knows if they'll slow down and other countries will get their act together. What we should be asking is which sub Saharan African country has the most positive looking near term future, because that's about all we can predict.

Namibia because of immense resource/population ratio.

>Angola

The psuedo-communist dictatorship with 500% inflation where 40% of the people have HIV?

Hopefully things calm down in Ethiopia because that place is really going places. It's just a shame they continue to tinker with ethnic based governance favoring certain groups over others. That's ripe for instability.

Hey I've got an updated source for you

newtelegraphonline.com/world-bank-african-economic-growth-falls-20-year-low/

Well you cannot deny the urban landscape has changed significantly in recent years. Add to that the growing expat community which has supported economic development. But yeah, authoritarianism and nepotism can fuck shit up badly.

>wahhhh they hurt the gibmedats

A proper authoritarian government is what all of Africa needs.

>Mauritius last
>Angola first

Do you really believe African Americans are better than every single African ethnicity?

That honestly doesn't surprise me. I think that strong functional institutions makes all the difference in such situations. Which is why I have particular confidence that countries like Rwanda will ride this out easily. Now, it's the countries with authoritarian regimes backed by certain ethnic groups that will fuck up badly, looking at you Ethiopia.

>1 (one) city
>the entire nation

Rural Namibia is awful tho, especially for tribes like the Himba and nomadic peoples

Brazil is Africa light. It will never happen for Brazil so it will never happen for a sub-Saharn African country with a large majority niger-congo/bantu population.

A proper authoritarian regime would be one that doesn't curry favor to one particular ethnic group.

Sound have clarified that was in no particular order.

Wrong map bud

I've seen some clothes say "made in Lesotho", the only other African country I've seen things be made in is Egypt. So I think Lesotho must have something going for them if they have a functioning textile industry.

What? Just because niggers kill each other?

70% of Africa's GDP growth is because of China's commodity demand. Now that China is slowing its industry, Africa is getting BTFO.

I think GDP per capita is stagnant this year.

In dollar terms Africa's GDP fell 50% the last two years.

>this "logic"
wew

This country would be very liveable and stuff if their AIDS rate wasn't so high.

I'm just saying, you need to have something going for your country if people are willing to invest in it/move industry to it.

>Africa is getting BTFO
Nigeria and South Africa are getting BTFO*

>A proper authoritarian regime would be one that doesn't curry favor to one particular ethnic group.

Incorrect. Every government, no matter how perfect it is, curries favor from a certain ethnic group.

In no way does this necessarily detract from its capability to improve the lives of its citizens.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-01/cash-strapped-angola-struggling-to-pay-debts-dos-santos-says

For reference, Portugal's GDP per capita is $12,300

>will be the first to become 1st world
Some africans countries were already part of the First world aka Free world fucking retard

>For reference, Portugal's GDP per capita is $12,300
No it's not, it's +20k

PPP dollar != nominal dollar

They are.

>tumblr

No wonder this is inaccurate.

Also, Portugal's GDP per capita nominal is $22000

Are you calling me a liar?

Namibia, Botswana, and Western South Africa (Western Cape, Northern Cape, Eastern Cape)

If I had to choose a whole country though, probably Botswana. The only major problem is AIDS, although that is a big problem.

>no coastline

"No"

issue: solved

Would agree with most, but even I'm more suspicious about Rwanda and Gabon.

Botswana and Namibia.

Botswana/Life expectancy
46.99 years (2012)

Namibia/Life expectancy
63.88 years (2012)

>The most developed parts of the country are developed
Well no shit, thats where the rich live. Every shithole(including mine) has some nice parts. But that doesn't mean they are not shitholes. I doubt they have that same development in all over the country.

>2012
>2012

It's 2016 already. C'mon Grandpa.

Botswana- Life expectancy increased to 64.43 years (2014)

countryeconomy.com/demography/life-expectancy/botswana

Namibia life expectancy increased to (2014) 64.68 years

countryeconomy.com/demography/life-expectancy/namibia

Going to go out on a limb and say within the next 20 years, Africa isn't going to be as much of a shithole.

amibia/Population
2.303 million (2013)

this is a tiny low density barely a country state.

Africa/Population
Image result for population africa
1.216 billion

Fuck man. Army Engineers in Gabon doesn't look like half a bad job.

Tanzania looks interesting, Nigeria, SENEGAL

But they do change and you are being pretty vague. People said East asia needed to change it's entire culture and people to prosper but they didn't and ended up getting rich. They ended up merging old with new and adjusting to the shifts which is happening in Africa right now.

Africa is VERY tied to the global economy. Shit like 2008 crash really hit them hard and shit that happens outside the continent have huge impact inside it. The oil fiasco is one thing with what Saudia Arabia's actions and America's counter to that hitting Nigeria and Ghana hard.

the first we nuke into glass

Botswana

South Africa

Chad by a landslide

Nigger the Ethiopian government EXTREMELY favour Tigray and Amhara then everyone else. Every other groups is getting shat on, pressed, forced out of land and attacked by the government.

>In no way does this necessarily detract from its capability to improve the lives of its citizens.

In all of history that has been proven false by countless cases.

Fuck, man, they must love their job

South Africa.

If it weren't for HIV Botswana would be like a racist free multicultural Rhodesia.

BENIN
E
N
I
N

The AU has its shit together more than the EU when it comes to taking joint military action.

>when abos are even worse than nogs

Nigga what? Your post makes no sense.

Kenya

Equatorial Guinea now that the Chinese are running things. They should've been developed by now though.

>Botswana
>enormous diamond supply
>still wear loincloths like cavemen

Does Seychelles count as sub-Saharan Africa?

Argentina

Here's updated one.
Related to

Corruption.
Also lol still speaks spanish.

detroit

But you do know South Africa has a massive drought due to el Nino. All the states down their are asking for tons of money due to climate change fucking shit up.

Also hinging development on a minority is a pretty dumb move.

that's pretty racist baka

Also extremely massive (even for unequal nation's) wealth disparity and the second highest price increase in the world for housing after Dubai, weak infrastructure, money problems and low population due to the desert.

Name a single way talking about the development of countries is racist. Race isnt even mentioned in his post