on weed?

>he fell for the grimes meme

listen to it louder

that's cheating, everything is good on weed

>listening to what anti intellectuals think is good
honestly, like come on.

", she says, posting KLK

he fell for the grimes meme

>listening to what every single intellectual and actually respected critic thought was the best album last year after kendrick's. metacritic score 88.

>its popular so that means its good

Sup Forums image
green text

Sorry you misread "her pussy smells terrible" as "her music sounds good"

>it's unpopular with the general public but acknowledged as a masterpiece by patricians so that means, as a pleb, i will hate it proudly

>Critics hate something so I must hate that thing too

So you're a sheep then? Got it

Or... perhaps you just have bad taste?

'Tis a definite possiblility - you must admit.

It is bad synth pop in a quirky voice that is so grating itr will peel paint off the walls. Sorry you fell for the grimes is good meme OP

DUDE I AM SO LE QUIRKY XD LMAO

I saw Grimes at a walmart yesterday. She had her whole leg through the blood pressure thing and was eating sliced bananas out of a paper bag. I asked if I could get a picture with her but she said that her "creative process" could not be interrupted. I walked by again about ten minutes later to see if she was still there and she spotted me and did the two-finger "I've got my eye on you".

oh no, it's another grimes thread
kill yourself, waifutard

I wish this was real. This is how I want grimes to be irl

Le so quirky omg xDDDD

You sound like those mindless sheep who listen to whatever critics say and don't think for yourself

Sup Forums is being attacked

By what?

By shitposters from Sup Forums

yeah that must explain why i think bon iver, the national and vampire weekend suck ass, really liked kanye's 808s when it dropped, think sufjan stevens is mediocre at best, am not very impressed by arcade fire, hated taylor swift's 1989 from when it came out, and prefer radiohead's king of limbs and amnesiac over any of their other work.

All your posts are the same.

well aren't you special?

"critics" like p4k, rolling stone, tinymixtapes, nme, etc are advertisement agencies senpai, not intellectuals

> implying Sup Forums isn't full ok sheep

Top kek

> he felt for a pasta

Wew

yes but that's why i disagree with the critics in most cases. and they were wrong about grimes, both visions and art angels are a 10.0 and pitchfork gave both a mere 8.5.

i follow some actual intellectuals and other respected artists (not pop musicians) on twitter- they love grimes.

>prefers tkol
Honestly user I think you need to get checked out

She doesn't seem to be rude or anything in public. Actually she must be kinda shy.
Otherwise she would kick that asian's ass who stole her a kiss

BTW.... thinking about it, I've never seem her kissing James in public, I mean, there's not a photo or anything, I think it just confirms that he's a friendzoned beta.

what asian?

Grimeth

nice essay faggotron, you got a blog to go with that?

Don't put the blame on Sup Forums put it on grimesfags

I guess all those intellectuals on twitter liking grimes means you're pretty smart too!

you´re right beatles is better go back to listen to their all albums for 900 times and never come back

>implying they're not a part of Sup Forums

The worst part

Nigger, this is the same board where people actually think modern social justice and safe spaces are good things and home to unironic not nostalgic emo fans and you actually tried trusting the judgment of the worst group on here: waifu fags. Their posts on Grimes and K-pop bare slight resemblance to music so they don't get banned, they don't actually listen to it.

t. Sup Forums

Don't you have to fuck your 2D girlfriend or something?

Sean, another trip who is too fargone.
Hit by an arrow not of cupid,
But rather one that makes him hopelessly stupid. He couldn't get a clue that grimesfags are part of Sup Forums.

My point exactly, they could never give you a lead on actually good music unless you were confident they shared mutual interests; otherwise they're a hivemind of shaved pompadour faggotry.

>unironically listening to pop music
I hope you die the most vile death

Dude no way holy shit I fucking love your shit post poetry dude

> 3 lines
> essay

Idiocracy is real

why are people breezing over the description of masterpiece?

no reviewer of music reviews music honestly anymore. they are all scared they are going to upset a random group of people, and feel the backlash of a feminist or blacklivesmatter group.
i mean look at pitchfork for a prime example of this.

You need to get over yourself.

Just because you're in your second year of university studying classics, you aren't an intellectual. You're a sweaty, lonely, tryhard. You have no career aspirations, and will probably end up in a dead end job doing something banal like you always told yourself you would rather die before doing.

FULL pleb.

It's not even popular. Art Angels barely sold 11k of copies in the first week, despite the huge acclaim. If that isn't patrician and don't know that it is.

You know shit about synthpop. Grimes is one of the best synthpop that ever existed, up there with Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk, The Knife, OMD.

why do these threads still get replies??

the grimes threads are one of the main reasons I stopped frequenting mu

Are you kidding? Grimes is the best artist nowadays, and the Grimes threads is the only good thing about Sup Forums

The Grimes threads are the best thing on this shitty board.

>I stopped frequenting mu
And that's a good thing. This place isn't exactly beautiful... More like a cesspool.

So, moo is attacking moo? interesting.

>le epic grimes is a legit musician meme

it was nice of you to give her the confidence boost at first because i'm sure it isn't easy looking like an aborted goblin fetus who got dipped in shit, but now that she left the house it's time for this yazz queen train to come to a stop.

I'm gonna listen to Grimes on the way to my first day of college to get me pumped up

Such a try hard. You're perfectly aware that all that trash you wrote is false. You shitpost because you can. Shame that every retard like (You) has access to the internet.

more like you're gonna listen to Grimes on the way to get pumped on the ass cause ur a faggt

Except nobody sees her in that way. You're just baiting trolls.

>Calls himself a patrician
>Listens to pop
Ok...

A patrician listens to good music regardless of genre. You were lied about the real meaning of patrician. You're not patrician if you listen to some obscure noisy crap. You're just a naive dumbass.

I realize that there are actually talented pop musicians - Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Mariah Carey, but I never see one of those discussed here.

And I know why. It's because neo - Sup Forums loves mediocrity.

this nigga suck dick, I refuse to listen

>I realize that there are actually talented pop musicians - Phil Collins
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Those mindless sheep don't exist outside your imagination.

>it's another autist defends grimes thread
Holly Herndon is better
Also more cute :^)

>holly herndon
i literally cannot even
yall memelords need to accept the (academic) truth that joan la barbara has the electronics + extended vocal technique market cornered
:^)

She's not even good shut up

I'm sorry he doesn't use drum beat loops and FL Studio.

I know you. You posted this stuff before. These musicians may be talented but they produced shit music. Crap for the masses. Dad pop. I can't believe you defend these mainstream hacks on a board like Sup Forums. Grimes is 10x more talented than them.

Holly can't make a decent song to save her life. So, what's your point?

Why are grimesfags so in denial about how she is mainstream normie-core?
I believe its underages attaching to an image they had established as special and "quirky", and as teens do ignore the fact that is mainstream in order to keep pursuing this image they've made for themselves.

you need to educate yourself because you're a very poor example of our fandom. grimes was deeply influenced by michael jackson like everyone else (world princess ii, artangels and butterfly all owe to his sound, and she references his bad video in kill v maim and even in the '80s graffiti font aesthetics of art angels era). she named mariah carey as her primary influence on visions, and referenced her again in butterfly. she even said she started the grimes project in the first place thanks to mariah.

and most of those other artists are masters. whitney isn't as much of a direct influence on claire but she is a formative influence on beyonce, her favorite current artist. even phil collins was okay on occasion, we can leave him out if you want, but at least he contributed drums to eno albums and peter gabriel's sample based early '80s synth pop, which paved the way for what modern musicians like grimes can do with sampling.

you really should listen to some music that isn't grimes, and i promise it will increase, not decrease, your respect for her, to see how she studied and perfected all these music styles of the masters who preceded her.

this guys got it

winrar

Grimes is a normie artist that makes competent pop music on the levels of Taylor Swift or carly Rae jepsen. That's literally all there is to. Grimesfags claiming she's anything more with clear lack of knowledge of music belongs in cringe threads. Ive watched some interviews anf looked at her Twitter, she seems like every other popstar. Fav movie is stalker lmao. Pseud confirmed

She's not mainstream. Show me where are her big hits: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_discography

>inb4 i've heard 2 songs of her on the radio

Listen to her earlier work and we're talking. Did you hear something like Rasik, Omega or Shadout Mapes on the radio? I highly doubt it. And even her latest poppier album Art Angels is really out there, with songs ranging from the ferocious Scream to the classical intro. Name a similar album if it's that normie...

Just because Grimes likes some of these artists it doesn't make them any better. She likes even Bieber. So??

These artists had talent but they did corporate pop.

check out her songs all having 10 mil minimum on YouTube and Spotify.

Dumb teens will just deny logic in order to pursue the image of being special they've made. You are literally the nu-my chemical romance fanbase

Its very common and average. She arrived at a time when lmao quirky synthpop was already long dead and overdone. Absolutely nothing original or innovative. I think that she is again just for teenagers who think they are le quirky hipsters. Im sure 95% of tumblr vinyl videos will have her in them

>If that isn't patrician then it's just a disappointing failure

fixed that u u u u

I can't believe the absolute lack of perspective in people trying to understand her lack of popularity. Her music is good, it's not conventional and shouldn't appeal to a large demographic of people. The dynamic of fans she has cultivated are actually outcasts like her who don't intend to project an image of themselves on her, there are so many other artists to do this with but she's not someone people just pretend to relate to. But the fans themselves just mean fuck-all because it's just a fucking popularity contest, this is why she's shit. These arguments of unrelated "knowledge" about smother artists means fucking nothing. This circle-jerking of grimes facts has gotten so redundant on here and people are starting to read like preppy grimes scholars.

I went out of my way NOT to see her at FYF this weekend. Such such a hack.

>Not conventional
>outcasts

I don't get mad at stupidity but this triggered me

Did you ever try listening to Grimes on irony? good shit.

I'm good at what it is i do.

You're good at being an uncultured normie is what you are.

But you're deluded if you think her style would really sit with cleanly produced, cliche pop music as everyone knows it. You may as well argue that her music should change pop music.

It does though. It is 2016 and lmao quirky synthpop is completly normal. I've heard songs of all her albums playing in clothes stores at the mall. Praise kek

let's compare to Sup Forumscore

radiohead-

two #1 hit albums (including kid a), four other top ten selling albums in the US = 6 out of 9 albums were top 10 = 2/3 of their whole career charted in the top 10 (and the lowest was #6, all the rest were between #1-3). in the UK, they have had six #1 albums (two thirds of their whole career charted at #1 in their home country!). in the UK, they even had a #3 charting pop hit, Paranoid Android, and other top five hits. in Canada, they had two #1 hits! on the US single charts, they had three hot 100 hits, including one top 40. radiohead's most popular youtube videos have hundreds of millions of views. one of their most recent videos has 22 million views after less than four months. their songs are on TV and in movies all the time, and sung in talent contests. they are covered by pop stars regularly. whenever they play live, it is usually either in a huge sports arena, or a giant outdoor festival, and they almost always headline every festival they appear in, which has been true for two decades.

grimes-

no charting hits on a pop chart anywhere in the world, highest album chart position was #36 for one album in the US, #16 in Canada. nothing even close to top 40. her biggest youtube hit has 40 million views which is what some of radiohead's least successful hits have. her most recent hits have 10-12 million views after dropping almost a year ago, which is half what radiohead got in half the time. she plays clubs, not sports arenas or stadiums, and if she's at a festival, she's never one of the headlining acts, and usually plays during daylight hours. some celebrities love her, but many fewer than love radiohead, and her songs are never heard in movies or on tv (even her only soundtrack song was cut out of the movie because they know her audience of patricians is too small to help ticket sales for a superhero movie).