WHAT I LEARNED ON Sup Forums IS

>It doesn't matter if it's good, as long as it's obscure.

ghana baffle

MUSIC IS MEME

Despite countless inquiries, it has never been determined what Sup Forums thinks of Chrvches.

>Music needs to exspress something, or have sort of intention
>24/7 public stream survailance
>"No genre" is bullshit for the most part
>I am loved

BLANKITY

music is objective

Be nice to Grimes.

Hid A what?

If a bunch of critics say something is good then that means it is good amd you should listen to them. Don't think for yourself

Love Kanye West and DeathGrips, hate Pop Punk.

Dude when is the last time you came on Sup Forums? It's the complete opposite, if you like anything critically acclaimed or Sup Forumscore you get shit on by all the hipsters lurking the threads telling you that you cannot enjoy something if others do too and the more obscure the better.

the fact that

Never express a truly unpopular opinion.

Started out with Sup Forums back in 2011 (before sticky). Been a wild ride. Listened to a lot of the essentials chart, developed Sup Forums-core taste, got called out on, so I realized it doesn't really matter what you listen to. Somebody will say it's shit.

With that being said, I love music and now cherish my own personal taste. Sup Forums is just for the funny memes, discovering obscure stuff I enjoy, leaks, and the rare, coveted "musical discussion."

Everyone's a pleb. Patriciandom is a fantasy conjured by people who need something to believe in, lest they be judged on their merits as actual human beings.

underrated

this

MARLENE WATCHES FROM THE WALL

THE

FACT

COLLEGE

I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

Shitty music is good
>death grips
>American football
>pet sounds

first post tends to be the best and most truthful post

Garbage.

The most important thing I've learned on Sup Forums, which I now apply to everything, is that some things need to be understood to be enjoyed.

That there are really only three genres in popular music: twingtwang, bleepbloop and hiphop

>Most people are horny fucks who can't tell the difference between music and sex appeal

>death grips
I disagree
>american football
agreed
>pet sounds
you're retarded

Great.

>the best way to shitpost is to talk about the music you actually like and not be ashamed of it

> EVERYONE HAS SHIT TASTE

qt

>I am loved
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahah

I got to know some bands. That's it.

>It doesn't matter if it's good, as long as i like it

dubs

DUDE

he did it

accurate

that Grimes is cute

CUTE

But Sup Forums hates obscure music and loves all that is popular.

>Sup Forums doesn't take their >18 policy very seriously

After several years of lurking this place, I have learned that the majority of Sup Forums have shit taste.

A few posters have a good taste in specific genres

I have surpassed the taste of 90% of Sup Forumstants in the genres I frequent.

You can find good things on Sup Forums if you look hard but for the most part it's just the same shit posted around every day

2016 Sup Forums is reddit

Slut

Yeah, I think that is why a part of Sup Forums likes her so much. She's pretty much like what selena gomez and taylor swift are to normies, but then Sup Forumstants don't feel guilty for liking her because her music is weird and not completely watered down pop.

Women are a meme

Examples of shit taste?

First post best post

agreed, Sup Forums is underage pop music garbage.
at times good niche threads take off though.

needs to die

What I learned on Sup Forums is that there are people here whose personal prison is their bedroom and Sup Forums, so they develop this perception where people outside of anons don't exist.

Play Swans, GY!BE or Death Grips to someone who doesn't take listening to music seriously. Most of the time they're gonna be like "wtf is this?" I know none of the people I know even know who they are/were unless I were to introduce them.

Those artists are "popular" here in your internet world, but most people do not even know who the most basic "entry-level" artists here are.

I kinda miss biotroll

I was thinking more of stuff like Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, MF DOOM, Kanye Kendrick Lamar and all the other pop shit that is circlejerked around here..

On the other hand, internet meme "nerd" kids like the ones that frequent this place aren't as niche a target demographic as you think. Are you saying that any music someone who doesn't care for music doesn't know is underground? That's another kind of extreme and untrue opinion. Death Grips are not underground, vaporwave is not underground, it's plain old alternative pop, mainstream among teenagers who are "not like the others", fedoracore if you will.

to develop my own taste w/o looking for approbation of others

>Death Grips are not underground, vaporwave is not underground, it's plain old alternative pop, mainstream among teenagers who are "not like the others", fedoracore if you will.

this is so wrong. fedoracore/alternative pop/"not like the other teens" would be stuff like Nirvana, Pink Floyd, The Beach Boys, etc. trust me, I've tried showing normies Death Grips and they are just like wtf? one of them claimed MC Ride's rapping wasn't even rapping

>vaporwave is not underground
The fact it reached meme status on Sup Forums and got a dedicated playlist on spotify doesn't mean it's not underground. You play vaporwave for a normie, they're going to ask what the fuck they're listening to.

meh

the life cycle of a Sup Forumstant is:

>1-2 yrs: Sup Forumscore
>3-4 yrs: contrarianism (anti-Sup Forumscore)
>4.5 yrs:understanding that hating everything popular is a fucktard opinion
>5+ yrs: end up with varied taste consisting of

many people, like , are in their contrarianism phase. they think that they're a superior being for not liking popular things

it's a common misconception, and by 5+ years, you realize you were in the wrong

that's what I'm saying

>thinking Sup Forums is dead

does nobody remember what it's like every summer here?

what if you were into music before you came to Sup Forums and already knew all of the Sup Forumscore and were long past your phase(s) with them?

I grew up on classical and jazz and I thought this board was/is a joke as soon as I got here.

sorry bruh I meant to reply to , you're alright

How much of that is Sup Forums and how much of that is the fact that that's te progression nearly everyone goes through from late teens to early twenties?

This so much

I laugh when people claim entry level stuff like ITAOTS is normiecore. That's just ridiculous

you are ultimate patrician
good for you friend.
better than the rest
are you satisfied?

My taste > your taste

I learned nothing since I didn't visit this board at all until now since I knew I would be met with idiots here and be influenced to shit by them. Now that I have matured I am perfectly fine exploring this one-minded hive.

I don't care about being "patrician", I just listen to what I like and/or think is good.

The whole pleb/patrician dichotomy was invented as a way for people who are insecure about their taste to try and validate it in absurd ways.

That said, the majority of music Sup Forums discusses is terrible from my perspective, because I know that there is SO MUCH MORE wonder and beauty and innovation and genius etc. to be found in classical.

It kind of sickens me what passes as "experimental" or "avant-garde" or "artistic" in popular music.

>hurr fusing too pop genres or using noise on a rap track is sooo innovative

muse fucking sucks

The

fact

all music is bad so you just listen to what you like and stop giving a shit

yeah it's okay, your post came accross as 'why am i som much better than everyone?'. Patrician was tongue in cheek.
I mostly agree

>meme grips sucks
>grimes suck
>bowie sucks
basically everything Sup Forums belives just inverted

That mediocrity is praised.

I will admit that I can get a bit pretentious at times, but I really like music, so when I see a lot of the stuff people say on Sup Forums it really irritates me. I mainly only come here for sharethreads because you can actually find interesting stuff there.

and I don't hate all popular music. I just don't pretend it's cutting-edge or something.

true story post
cheeros

These an actually good answers wtf, get out of here. We want memes.

Yeah but I mean you're still generalizing, and you're criticizing fanbases, not the music.

I'm only defending it cause I have been listening to "entry-level" for a long time and I generally like most of Sup Forumscore. I liked a lot of it before I ever came here and even associated it with this place.

I also generally like most things I listen to because I don't go into it trying to be a snob or wanting to dislike something.

Another thing is, I've been coming here for a few years and I never really see all this "patrician" music that is apparently so much better. For all the "Sup Forumscore is shit" posters out there, you would think we would get some suggestions to steer us from our plebdom. (I am being facetious... I listen to anything that looks interesting and I don't care if what I like makes me a "pleb"... I'm not gonna stop listening to it)

I've had the opposite experience. Everyone I've shown Death Grips loves it and thinks it's hype. Obviously I wouldn't bother showing it to people who only like top 40 pop but my normie friends who listen to Kendrick and Lil Wayne all loved them. I think the problem is people on Sup Forums straw man all normies into a very general person based on their experience.

That's nothing check these

pulled it jonge

good debut, meh follow-up, qt Lavren

scaruffi did nothing wrong

she's perfect, basically.

Roast time:

This boy lookin' like a boiled egg gone bad lookin ass boy
fuckin penny holder between his teeth lookin ass
ksi pedobear lookin ass boy suckin on dick to pay his baby momma pussy smell boy
he is so dark skinned its like he did 3 laps of the sun
boy needs to brush his teeth with fuckin cyanide and save us from his DNA.

cute retarded slut, p good music

trips

mediocre
waifufags need to leave

Memes, memes and memes

ANY ALBUM THAT I LIKE IS BAD

ANY ALBUM THAT YOU LIKE IS GOOD

dddddd
some of you fags will criticize and shame people for liking popular classics cause theyre too mustream but will then go masturbate to some cardboard kpop singer with no ass

you fucks

most people here are hipsters who won't admit to being them.

>pretending to like obscure music to be different
>disliking popular music because it's popular
>shitting on other peoples taste because it's not like your own

Taste isn't subjective, apparently.

no