What did Sup Forums think of this album?

What did Sup Forums think of this album?

It's good

Thank your lucky stars was better

no

no it wasnt

Depression cherry became boring and tedious after 15 minutes

you're boring, it's a great album

both literally me, i thought the first post didnt post i'm so sorry

Better than Bloom but not amazing as far as dream pop goes, the Fauns are better.

but the second half is great though and Days of Candy is brilliant, it really grew on me. There's a really palpable sense of sadness and kind of religion and old things I think that I haven't bothered looking into why but its there for me anyway. It's very comfy.

I'm not looking forward to it. I'm expecting American breezy emo

Bloom=TD>DC>TYLS

Haven't listened to their first two LPs

bloom>rest

Their most forgettable record

My favourite since Devotion.

Recaptures the vibe of those first two albums that I love so much that I feel the band moved away from on Teen Dream and Bloom.

Nope

I can tell

Sparks is a great tune

Not him but I prefer TYLS.

Days of Candy and Sparks are great, but Majorette, Elegy to the Void, and especially Somewhere Tonight are fantastic.

It's always endlessly pointless to argue which BH album is better though.

agreed

>listing singles instead of discussing the album as a whole

I can tell youre a pleb, just stop posting

ironically, it's the only Kendrick album I like

Are you actually joking?

Because of the five songs I listed, two are singles.

You want me to talk about 10:37 or She's So Lovely? Because neither album is defined by tracks like those.

It's very 'Donna and James'

AOTY 2015.. Only Carriw & Lowell is a decent competitor to this album

Thought the same thing lol

It's a grower. I really thought "Thank Your Lucky Stars" was the better album for a while, but "Depression Cherry" has a lineup of songs that are cohesive: you shouldn't add or take away one song; it just all works together. But there are songs on the album which feel unfinished and needed more content to them, like "Bluebird", which I wish could stand alone and not have been relied on to lead to the next track.

I like this return-to-Devotion-roots sound though I feel that "Teen Dream" is their best and was the right direction of evolving. I think they'll be around for a while, with hit-or-miss albums, but they'll have a consistent sound throughout their career.

Wasn't too crazy about it at first; when Lucky Stars was released I was like "oh shit this one's better" but then I revisited Depression Cherry and now I'm convinced that it's their best (or at least tied with Bloom)

Levitation and Space Song are god tier

My favorite album is Teen Dream though, although I might be biased from listening to it for the first time on acid

Beach House is my definition of "okay," save for Teen Dream which is "pretty darn good."

Depression Cherry is very unoffensive and just kinda there. It doesn't bore me nor are any of the tracks really noteworthy. 'Levitation' aaaalmost gets there, though.

2.89/5

Bretty good. They played PPP and closed with Days of Candy at FYF yesterday. One of the highlights of the day.

Best album that Beach House came out with.

It was an above average experience