ITT: metal fans who hate metal fans

Who else loves metal but always avoids /metal/? If you do, why?

Also ITT: if you don't go on /metal/ but like metal, what are some of your favorite metal albums?
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R1r5n36tIs0
youtube.com/watch?v=4BQdWWlxT9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love everybody

Vulvodynia is sick

I avoid /metal/ since I think I listen to weak metal. youtu.be/R1r5n36tIs0 is an example of the type of metal I love, I also enjoy Melvins.

/metal/ is okay when it's not 90% shitposting

metal discussion outside of /metal/ is 90% just circlejerking sunbather or filosofem, which is admittedly better than metal discussion outside of Sup Forums which is 90% circlejerking slipknot or mastodon

>all that slam and OSDM
I guess you would fit on /metal/ well

>metal discussion outside of Sup Forums which is 90% circlejerking slipknot or mastodon
that's why I never even talk to anyone about metal in real life. It's either those two or Metallica and Iron Maiden, both good bands but people jerk off to them too much.

They're one of my favorites, they haven't release anything I don't love.

Like said, the problem is it is just filled with shit posts and circle jerks. Also, is it just me or does it seem like /metal/heads take pride in listening to obscure shit that has 12 download on bandcamp?

Monolith of inhumanity is GOAT

Reminds me of Rob zombie for some reason...

Hands down

>Having anything to do with Autism: The Music Edition

it seems to me like metal has its way of catalyzing immense scorn both from people who are into it, basically elitists/"real music" kids getting off on shunning certain other types of music like pop or indie or alt metal or -core or liturgy or whatever in an attempt to validate themselves, and from people like this nerd right here. i guess it makes sense in conjunction with the music and themes but it's annoying

this

Here senpai
Through Silver in Blood, Khanate, Earth 2, Obscura are some of my favorites in the genre

Dimension Hatross and Written in Waters are some of my recent favorites, I really should get into Vektor next

maybe try this
youtube.com/watch?v=4BQdWWlxT9s

I don't hate metal fans but I avoid them due to no one being interested in what I like. Most metal fans on here like heavy metal or whatever, while I listen to stuff like symphonic metal or celtic metal.

I've obviously heard motW
Great band

this is quite frankly the rationale with virtually every subculture, especially the more subversive you get on the spectrum of misaligning with normative values

name of the very first?

Deprive by Disfiguring The Goddess

bump

Does anyone else wish that death metal bands and others mixed their music better/got their singers to annunciate more clearly? I love the growling and screaming but hate that I have to look up the lyrics a lot of the time

It depends on the style. Mixing wise I think I'm just use to it, than rarely bothers me. The vocals though I can understand. I like the sound of the harsher sound you get from slam but the clarity of tech death. There are bands out there that do a good job at enunciating there words (I think Death and All Shall Parish do I good job at it) but you loose a large part that makes it so brutal. I think it's just sort of the nature of the beast.

I have some death on my hard drive, throwing that shit on my phone asap

They're great, it may take a little bit to get use to the vocals but once you are you won't really need to read the lyrics

You know immortal have always been tongue in cheek right?

Anytime I meet some pedestrian metalhead irl:
>Yeah, it's pretty crazy stuff, you probably wouldn't like it
>Actually I do like some met--
>I mean, harsh vocals are an acquired taste
>But I listen to --
>I can recommend you some bands with good clean vocals if you want

And the funny thing is they usually listen to metalcore which is just generally pop music but louder and screamier while I'm over here listening to black, death, doom, and sludge. Not saying I'm kvlt as hell but god damn people can be so insistent that their music is special when it's not. Especially when I'm a dude in black jeans and a button-up and they're dressed like fuckin Marilyn Manson or some shit.

I get the exact same thing, there are a lot of cool metalcore fans that just want to mosh but the vocal majority just want to prove to you that there more hardcore than you are. I even like a lot of metalcore but the fans can just get really obnoxious. I normally will throne in the like "I like it as heavy as it comes" and nine times out of ten they get the idea.

I prefer old US power metal. /Metal/ is mainly just black/death. Nothing wrong with that, just not my style

I can understand that. For a person that is mostly into that black/death metal, what are some of your favorite power metal bands? I've barely dipped my toes into it, I do like Powerwolf and Xandria a lot though.

metal general loves power metal though
Although mostly meme shit like Manowar or Twilight Force and Galneryus

/metal/ is almost entirely meme-centric, no matter what genre.

Scanner's Terminal Earth, Manilla Road's Crystal Logic, and Helstar's Burning Star provide a great range of vocal variety

I genuinely like post-Burzum USBM that gets called "hipster" so I never post about it. I'm not a metalhead though, I mostly listen to jazz

man i remember being like this. good times. now i'm back to being disgusted by everybody and i don't like it.

Really? I started hating everybody and can't say I've ever looked back. I find it very rewarding.

>12 downloads on bandcamp
>obscure
fuckingpleb.jpg

I thought /metal/ loved us power metal? I know the metal archives and nwn! do.

I don't know. Sometimes it is. But I don't even hate people. I just find them disgusting and stupid.

Also, to contribute something. Pic related is my favorite metal album. Used to listen exclusively to metal when i was younger, then fell out with it in my late teens and now I started to really enjoy sludge and stoner metal.

ITT: OP makes a thread to bitch about getting BTFO by /metal/ for his meme taste

proceeds

My meme taste has nothing to do with it, /metal/ is just filled with shit posting and most metal fans in general are annoying.

>shit posting and most metal fans in general are annoying.
Just like this thread.

Sounds like you hate yourself.

kek

>Sounds like you hate yourself
yep

I enjoy that, is basically the only metal you listen to? I'm interested to hear what non-metalheads think/like about metal.

>the weedian, nazareth!

I know it's supposed to sound biblical but I like to think of this line differently. I like to think they want to describe how the weedian proceeds, hence the grammaticaly incomplete sentence structure, there is a missing adverb at the beginning. But since there is no word to describe his movement they put that filthy guitar solo before the sentence to illustrate the procession of the weedian.

put down the blunt lad

Not even high right now. I don't even think I was on the herb when that came to my mind.