Poland

Is Poland a Western country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sZpNybt6jQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Slavs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would anybody want to be western at this point? All it means is genetically extinct in 50 years.

Yes

>dres
>Polish
>from English dress
>1. tracksuit

They certainly have a very cultured, western notion of formal dress if nothing else.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sZpNybt6jQ

Lets see. It's Catholic, uses latin script, has a one headed eagle instead of a two headed one, has plenty of germanic dna

I'd say say its western.

Poles are proud Slavs.

What makes you think these two contradict each other?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Slavs

That and Poland was actively involved in the Renaissance and other essential parts of European history.

haha name one polish renaissance artist

Mieczylanczelow

>C*tholics
>Western

Nice try Jacques, the only reason France is allowed in the club is because they massacred their priests in the revolution

Copernicus was German anyway. At least the Nazis claimed he was.

>Poor
>Slavic
>Illiberal in the most classical terms (French Revolution)
>Gets colonized as opposed to colonizing

All I need to know that it's not Western

He was Polish, but lived in Toruń where there was german minority. And as eternal germs do every where their people lived they claim it was rightful german clay since the cucking of the christ.

it's middle european I'd say. Kind of like the link between East and west.
I don't really know about Poland before it was parted between Germans and Russians and what happened with the Polish controled by the Russians at that time but Poland has for sure influences of east and west. Even though it was part of the Warsaw Pact Poland never was happy to be in the system controlled by the Soviet Union and played a huge role in the downfall of the Eastern block and as I see it today Polish have less hate on the Germans than on the Russians so I think they are more with us

Then again, Nietzsche said the Germans are successful because they're all half Poles. :^)

Q: What's the value of a contour integral around Western Europe?

(sboiler)A: Zero, because all the Poles are in Eastern Europe.(/sboiler)

Yeah, and he claimed to be Polish himself. He said those things to piss off Germans and to be a contrarian, not because they in anyway fit into his world view.
He knew for a fact that he was not Polish at all.

He was born in Thorn a city founded by Germans. Always nice to see a Polish nationalist trying to deny history

It was but the 20th century caused massive, extreme damage to Polish culture that they haven't recovered from.

Nietzsche said much stuff that was meant to be polemic and not taken literally

And here we have eternal germ.

I think a bigger question is Greece. After antiquity, it's quite doubtful how much of a Western country it is.

>Orthodox
>was in medieval times opposed to the Roman church
>spent hundreds of years being buttfucked by kebab and never participated in the many crucial formative events of Europe during that time

this
pooles should be treated like shit

hmmm...

hmmm...really makes me think.

>portukill

tfw you're proud russian emigrant. Alive.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Sultanate of Poortukill

Murdertugal

>Copernicus was German anyway. At least the Nazis claimed he was.
And ancestors of these Nazis would happily burn him on a stake. Kopernik was a military commander under the Polish crown and fought in battles against Teutons.

Kopernik's surname was Slavic if nothing else, AND Nicholas was the most popular Christian name for Slavs roundabout the Middle Ages for some reason (the cathedral of my country's archbishopric that founded in the 15th century is dedicated to St. Nicholas for instance). So there is a good chance he was Slavic.

But Poles are East Germanics

source

bump

Poland is an European country. It realy should be enought. For most of its history it shared the same cultural, artistic, literatural waves as any other so called western country. Than, Russians came and suddenly Poland became a part of eastern Europe... I'm not saying there are no reasons of thinking about Poland this way, but thing about this: what if Poland is a mainstream European nation that was ocupied for some time by foreign power. Now Poland is doing its best go back to the place that it feel it ment to be.

really makes my synapses fire up

We are all Brothers Love from russia

Nope.

can i heve pic only for
North America

poland doesnt seem so bad

No you retard.

>proud

lmao being a Slav is like being a fucking nigger everyone who is one regrets being born

They are eastern tech group in EU4, so no.

>source
This isn't some niche revisionist meme, it's common fucking knowledge. But okay, here you go:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus
>Nicolaus Copernicus was born on 19 February 1473 in the city of Toruń (Thorn), in the province of Royal Prussia, in the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland.[7][8] His father was a merchant from Kraków and his mother was the daughter of a wealthy Toruń merchant.
>Toruń, situated on the Vistula River, was at that time embroiled in the Thirteen Years' War, in which the Kingdom of Poland and the Prussian Confederation, an alliance of Prussian cities, gentry and clergy, fought the Teutonic Order over control of the region. In this war, Hanseatic cities like Danzig and Toruń, Nicolaus Copernicus's hometown, chose to support the Polish King, Casimir IV Jagiellon, who promised to respect the cities' traditional vast independence, which the Teutonic Order had challenged. Nicolaus' father was actively engaged in the politics of the day and supported Poland and the cities against the Teutonic Order.

Whats that