This man is going to single-handedly save country music

This man is going to single-handedly save country music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0
youtube.com/watch?v=gYhOcpLCpvI
youtu.be/YCnt-drXsiU
youtu.be/5S00y75ebq8
youtu.be/Ki4VJCsF0qk
youtu.be/jHnSj9Ls6pU
youtu.be/0oSw5cQPIh8
youtu.be/-QlobN5pwRw
youtu.be/Tc4zWf7AnGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are right

>implying he'll have any effect on mainstream country
>further implying that nonmainstream country is in need of saving
get on my level son

It actually doesn't really need saving. The women have things under control.

yes

Yes I am implying that. Yes I am implying that too. I'd rather not.

lel yeah Carrie Underwood is a visionary.

do you honestly think nashville gives two shits about sturghill? have you honestly listened to red dirt/folk country/americana and think it's in need of saving?

I just can't believe that you honestly believe that

No I think he'll inspire other musicians that country music doesn't have to be stupid, unemotional, and plastic, and that corny shit will become irrelevant.

Also insinuating that you can't believe something doesn't make your convictions stronger. Being bewildered doesn't make you more in control of the situation at hand. Don't do that in life. It's not a good tactic. Just take my advice please.

>plastic and corny
confirmed for never having listened to any country other than what's played on the radio

I didn't know country still existed, 2bh

>implying this aint corny as shit
youtu.be/tNV16tz1NK0

That's great I love this.

Yes you did. Stop lying.

I have, but what is on the radio is corny and plastic. I think we agree but you're hellbent on being disagreeable.

>implying he makes good country music
country music will always exist but only on the outskirts of popular music, as it should because popular music sucks
youtube.com/watch?v=gYhOcpLCpvI

I am implying that. Nice retention skills. I like that shit. When people read something I wrote and then understand it.

>Yes you did. Stop lying.

Adding on to this I honestly don't think country can ever get revived to what it was, there's a certain sound it has that imo only goes good with the recording technology/instruments/society of the older days. Granted there are a couple of good current country artists but not a lot

I don't like pessimistic thinking.

so then you're pessimistic about pessimists?

let's stop arguing and post, current or recent country that's good
youtu.be/YCnt-drXsiU

youtu.be/5S00y75ebq8

Seconded

youtu.be/Ki4VJCsF0qk

youtu.be/jHnSj9Ls6pU

>retards call mainstream country shit and proceed to tell of the golden age of country, of Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings
>don't realize that Johnny Cash is rockabilly and not country
>doesn't realize that country was never good and that the few """"good"""" country artists these normies can name are outlaw country, specifically meant to rebel against the manufactured Nashville country of the 60s and 70s
>they don't realize that ever since Hank Williams country has always been big business and corporate crap
>they unironically enjoy the macho melodrama of outlaw country

>hurr I don't like country so anyone who does is trying to capture the machismo they lack
ok kid

Country has objectively the highest shit/good ratio of any popular music genre

You ask someone to list good country artists and you get like 10 at the absolute maximum, half of them not even country

Country is beyond saving but I'll enjoy his work none the less.

youtu.be/0oSw5cQPIh8

You shittin' on Allan Coe mate?

Carrie Underwood might suck hard

but Kacey Musgraves is a legend you fucking BITCH

>implying musgraves isn't as popy as they come
she's nothing more than bubble gum country

youtu.be/-QlobN5pwRw

Why is Carrie Underwood even being discussed in a saving country thread. The only current female artist (that I know about) that is capable of bringing back country is Rhonda Vincent

I think Sturgil and the Avett Brothers are two of the only relatively mainstream and marketable country acts that actually write lyrically sound, not generic music, and I hope there can be more like them

Is Sturgill Simpson bad or good? I'm confused.

He's great

he's good, I just don't think he will have the impact op thinks he will, and also believe there's lots of good alt country out there.

Let's be honest, none of us really knew this nigga before A Sailor's Guide to Earth.

yeah moo was my intro too him, but I was hesitant to check him out since moo has a hard on for hipster trash. but I like most of his work not just sailors guide

youtu.be/Tc4zWf7AnGU

Jason Isbell maybe?

Yeah, still good but he really slipped by me desu until his new LP came out.

>not Hank III

I was thinking Musgraves, Loveless, Monroe, etc

country will take hip hop's place as the """cool"""genre in five years or less.

Pitchfork, fantano, and the next new review meme will jerk off over country music (especially meme albums)

anybody who genuinely dislikes country music will be called close minded and a pleb

screencap this.