What does Sup Forums think of the State of Alaska?

What does Sup Forums think of the State of Alaska?

Rightful Russian clay.

Comfy. The state government pays you to live there too.

fake and gay

>Comfy
>Someone is willing to pay you to live there
Doesn't check out.

I've always thought that it's impossible to live there, I mean, isn't it a little too cold in this state?

If you're comfortable with cold winters, living in a town of 40 people, and the high living expenses, than you will enjoy it. It's one of the last truly 'wild' places on earth.

Why is it a red state?

Retarded governor who believes Harry Potter is satanic/10

It just freeze some neurons
Look at how they vote

Palin hasn't been governor for a long time. She basically quit so she could run for VP in 2008.

>It's one of the last truly 'wild' places on earth.
Maybe in America. Certainly not in the world.

Give it back to Russia

True, but there aren't many. The Brazilian Amazon, Siberia, parts of Africa and Canada and Alaska are the only real places that I'd considered "Untamed" by civilization

Muh guns. Muh oil.

Also Antarctica.

We bought it. And most Americans thought we got screwed when we did.

Patagonia comes to mind as well.

Then we found gold
Then we found oil
Then we found a good place for putting airplanes

Alaska was a gr8 investment tbqhwyf

But they live on government subsidization

Russian clay

i know it for having the greatest flag ever, the hottest governor ever (sarah "if it ain't white shoot on sight" palin) and the nature

How much did United States pay to the Russian Empire and how would it compare if adjusted to inflation?

The US payed 120 milllion $ in todays money for all of Alaska.

It's $1-2000/year. Not even remotely close to enough to live off of.

True, but all the environmentalists are on the Democratic side.

Worth is what I say.

It's averaged out to about 1100$ a year I believe. But yeah, you need an actual job that pays at least 50k to live semi-comfortably.

I think I would fit right into Anchorage, they get about as much sunlight as we do and I have a secret boner for pickup trucks anyway.

Imagine if it had been Russian clay during the cold war

Patagonia looks like such a comfy place.

>Russia sells a wide land rich with resources to the states for a pittance

what does Russia do right

tbf they still don't even have enough people to finish populating siberia

Technically finland of america

The greatest state,desu.

what video or movie that best describe alaska? this place is a little unknown to me.

No the oil companies do

30 Days of Night

Bob Ross liked it so I guess it's alright.

I don't want the other 39 people to know that I revel in my faggotry. I'd probably live in Anchorage since it has more people, thus more fags, and they don't seem to have as many serial killers nowadays.

They didn't know it had any resources except furs and most of the seals had all been killed by that time. Also the Crimean War was still fresh in memory and Alexander II feared that should another war with Britain happen, they would not hesitate to grab the largely defenseless Alaska for themselves.

this is how Europe looks like now.

poor circled star flag

>y don't seem to have as many serial killers nowadays
Down by at least one just this week, I'm told.

That's the UP of Michigan

I want to try living there someday

I can never get too much snow

>their flag is the Shopping Cart astrological sign

You cannot make this up.

these

Known as one of the country's libertarian strongholds.

The Russian czar was pretty dumb to sell it, considering all the resources it has.

Oh well, a deal is a deal. Now it is USA clay forever. And I guess the natives are pretty happy about that too?

would've gotten taken from him by britain if he didn't sell it i heard some guy say.
It would've been canadian instead

Yes. The tsar figured that Alaska was becoming an expensive liability once all the fur seals had pretty much been killed off and he'd rather just let the US have it than Britain.

once again: perfiious Albion

at every turn of history they're there, ultimate dickheads

Russia had quite friendly relations with the US at that time and had been the only European power to not side with the Confederacy in the Civil War. This was also directly tied into the tense relations with London...the tsar had during the ACW secured permission to dock the Russian fleets in New York and San Francisco so that they wouldn't be blockaded in their ports by the Royal Navy in a war.

Years earlier, the British had had their eye on California. In fact the Mexican War was motivated in part by an American desire to grab it before Britain did.

So as much as Aztlanfaggots cry about mmuh stolen clay, the truth is if we didn't take California, it would have been grabbed by Perfidious Albion in due time.

God, imagine how fucking atrocious the border with Canada would look if that happened. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit

The Canadians treated natives even worse than we did lel. Don't fall for their le multicultural weed man memes.

Canada would look a bit like Croatia in that case.

More like they didnt even deal with them at all and just let them starve to death. Much easier than just wasting bullets on redskins

Wait, didn't they sacrifice an entire generation of young men to save you in 1914 because of a silly 80 year old treaty?

Belgium isn't a real country. Hence; they do not have feelings.

There was a big brouhaha over fur seals on Pribilof Island around 1900 which led to an international agreement to limit seal hunting, one of the earliest world conservation efforts.