Where to start with this guy?

I wanna check this guys stuff out, but I know nothing about him other then he's sorta like Lil Wayne.

There are no flow charts that I know of for this guy, so Sup Forums what albums are worth checking out, if he is like Lil Wayne then there will be albums I want to avoid.

Other urls found in this thread:

www76.zippyshare.com/v/26701312/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sosAMnL8fc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Rich Gang - Tha Tour Pt. 1
2. Barter 6
3. 1017 Thug
4. Slime Season 2
5. Slime Season 1

Thanks for the starting off point, I'll be sure to look into those.

start with barter 6, give it 5 listens if you like it continue with ss1 then whatever you like, if you didnt try his newest mixtape or ss3

Maybe you haven't heard them yet, but if you have what is your take on his newest stuff?

Slime Season 3
JEFFERY

Also worth checking out?

I think they're okay, but Thug has gotten contrived, too label conscious

He peaked while he was with Birdman

Definitely check out the singles he's made with Metro Boomin

That's total horeshit. Other than SS3 and Im Up sounding a little derivative for the most part all his major releases have been top notch, Jeffery included. 300 gives him plenty of control over his own product, he doesn't try to or need to please them

He's grown with every phase of releases and at at this point is at his most unique and developed sound yet

All the 3 Slime Season mixtapes are the same so if you don't like one of them then don't bother with the other ones.
Barter is nothing special but people like to pretend it is because it was marketed as an album.

JEFFERY and 1017 thug 1 and 2 are the best.
Also check out Black Portland, its really raw.

>300 gives him plenty of control over his own product, he doesn't try to or need to please them
Haha, that's funny

yeah he does pretty much whatever Lyor tells him to do

that said I still love JEFFERY for what it is even though it doesn't have songs as weird as Eww or Stoner

All three Slime Seasons have totally different vibes. Even if you weren't saying dumb shit that opinion is still trash

B6 > Jeffery = SS2 > SS1 = SS3 = 1017 Thug = Rich Gang > 1017 Thug 2 = Black Portland = Stoner > 1017 3 = Im Up > I Came From Nothing series

I'd love to know why you think that. The label may have hired people to coach a little in the studio like they all do but other than that it seems like he has more freedom now than ever

Now as for the whole marketing gimmick, I don't know whose idea that was but it wouldn't surprise me if they have him play that shit up more than he otherwise would. But that has nothing to do with the music itself.

i mean just looking at how the size of his tapes have shrunk exponentially since he signed to 300, Slime Season 2 vs SS3 especially

idk though, there's no way to really know though

So I checked out his 1017 Thug, and WTF is with all that DJ shit all over the album? Is this how his stuff is, it like audio watermarks. ugh.

that's a common practice on hip hop mixtapes

his commercial releases (Barter 6, SS3, ect.) don't do that

Well I guess if it's normal... and not that I got a "bad" copy of it. Really dumb though.

>B6 > Jeffery = SS2 > SS1 = SS3 = 1017 Thug = Rich Gang > 1017 Thug 2 = Black Portland = Stoner > 1017 3 = Im Up > I Came From Nothing series
accurate

Except I'd put Rich Gang near the top

yeah most people agree that it sucks

its often a ploy to get people to pay for "no dj" versions of the tapes on itunes

So are you saying that there is a copy of this somewhere without the DJ stuff, because this is the internet...

Yeah there is

www76.zippyshare.com/v/26701312/file.html

Here is rare young thug

youtube.com/watch?v=sosAMnL8fc4

(2013) 1017 Thug
(2014) Rich Gang - Tha Tour Part 1
(2015) Barter 6
(2015) Slime Season
(2015) Slime Season 2
(2016) Slime Season 3
(2016) JEFFERY

So these are what I was planning on checking out, based on the advice here and other, which ones have the DJ crap?

GOAT Thug track

Rich Gang is the only one without a no dj version

Rich Gang has some DJ commercials after a couple songs but not annoyingly in the track, 1017 Thug without DJ Zippyshare download was linked in a post above

I didn't like Barter 6 but I liked Slime Season. What does that make me?

A patrician

Slime Season 1>SS3=SS2>Rich Gang Tha Tour=Barter 6>1017 Thug>His Old Shit>Jeffrey>I'm Up

I appreciate the no DJ Zippyshare link, but there are only 15 tracks instead of the DJ's 20, someone somewhere dun goofed.