/bathory/

This man should be a fucking patron saint on Sup Forums, he is objectively one of the most likable and talented songwriters in metal. That being said, lets start a huge internet fight over which album of his is the best.

>under the sign of the black mark

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewc77N5nsQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck your grimes and st vincent generals fyi.You have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

AGREED.
Pic related is the second best album ever made IMO.
Blood Fire Death is also a perfect album.

Pic related is one of the best albums of all time.

Self titled was a masterpiece

even metalheads are handsome in Scandinavia

God damn you are stupid.

TRIPS OF THE DEVIL

IS THIS A SIGN OF QUORTHONS TAKEOVER OF THIS SHITTY UNDERAGED BOARD!?

>Triple Six Trips for Quorthon
impressive

yeah im into black metal deafheaven,burzum,bathory,darkthrone
i even own the t-shirts haha im so cool

Every ugly kid on the internet

Hey, buddy, you're not that ugly.

deafheaven is black metal for people who don't listen to black metal

>putting memeheaven next to actual BM legends

Find the nearest box of nails and cram them down your throat.

Quorthon is a hack and the reason hipster metal exists.

He's the reason black metal exists, you idiot.

memeheaven exists because of those bands you fucking poser

Yeah, that's what I said

Venom, you dolt.

Rektimanthorn

all metal is shit but would use some black metal bands t-shirts thread is over

Speed metal.

Black Sabbath, you clod

If Venom is speed metal, so is Bathory's S/T.
Blue Cheer, you lout.

Adolph Rickenbacker, you nincompoop.

Literally children's music

Jimi Hendrix, you fool

We're going by musicians

>Y is comparable to X because X inspired Y

SHIT argument.

Yes but Under the Sign is 100% black metal. Not even with the qualifier of "first wave," it's straight black metal.

t. niggerlovers

Not only metal, his rock stuff was pretty cool too youtube.com/watch?v=ewc77N5nsQA

And after a promising OP get, /bathory/ descends immediately into autism and shitposting.

How unfortunate.

Give me examples of your otherwise adult music

Chuck Berry, you loon.
>Manowar copycattery
>100% black metal
Nice meme

uh, no.
can't you tell the difference between venom and bathory?
if bathory s/t isn't bm than nothing is.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKnBDQ3Xyc

not arguing just stating facts bb

Robert Johnson, you goof

I actually enjoy lots of music, but I don't find nothing attractive in metal. Progressive metal can hook me for a while, but after long boring minutes of repetitive noiseness, I can't stand it anymore.
I used to like it and be a big fan of metal when I was younger, a teenager, but now I grew older and criticism over music grew too. I'm sorry if I can't understand childish, noisy music.

I know exactly what you mean. It's precisely why I grew out of jazz. Such a childish genre.

I never heard this before but it gives me a weird nostalgia

>repetitive noiseness
>childish, noisy music
Neither of these are good descriptions or criticisms tho. You probably just felt embarrassed and started listening to "approved" music that could get you laid or at least cool points from music nerds. It's not a big deal m8.

God that's exactly my though. The only genre I can enjoy as the men I am is country music. The music for a real american white leader.

wow, you sound like a pretentious twat.

Embarrassed of what? It's music, I don't feel it anymore and that's it.

in other words, you don't get it

meant to reply to

Amen brother

Some don't want to be associated with the subculture surrounding the music (understandable), others need their tastes to be validated and metal is generally too niche or off-putting for most. Case in point: all of the people who jumped on the bandwagon when Deafheaven received the stamp of approval from various music publications. It's "respectable" because it sounds like all the "smart" shoegaze and postrock they already listen to.

>I don't feel it anymore and that's it.
Fair enough, you don't have to like it. But coming up with such rationalizations as "childish and noisy" appears disingenuous at least.

I think the image that surrounds metal and it's sound in general it's childish.
Men in their 20's - 30's even 40's wearing black clothes, trying to look rude, long hair, boots, trying to be something they'll never be, because of the requirements of society. They can't be lonely, agressive wolfs as they try to impress. And a sound that tries to impose something with brutallity and violence, as childs use to do.
That's only one reason I grew out of it.

>rationalizations as "childish and noisy" appears disingenuous at least.
Disingenuous how?

it just seems like you don't understand it at all.

Explain, please.

It just seems like you don't want to admit the truth. Or that you're so insecure as to be offended by someone else not liking what you like.

satanic trips have spoken

Bathory's S/T doesn't even have tremolo picked riffing.

Are you going to tell me 'metal' is a question of feeling? A unique experience made for those manly individuals who live like a shadow? Feeding a hunger for blood, a necessity for living under darkness, covered by a veil of incomprehension? What is it so hard to understand about 'metal'? What is it so hard to understand in it's sound? Is there a secret within it? I don't think so, and believing so would be a very childish matter.

Now as you could not refute what I said on I think is more than a simple opinion, a fact perhaps.

>brutallity and violence, as childs use to do.

Yeah you're referring to like maaaaybe 60% of metal at most. Not all metal is violent, and even if it were, that's still a shit comparison. You sound pretentious as fuck.

It's not as shitty as it is true.
Sorry kid.

>Are you going to tell me 'metal' is a question of feeling? A unique experience made for those manly individuals who live like a shadow? Feeding a hunger for blood, a necessity for living under darkness, covered by a veil of incomprehension?

The fact that you think this is an accurate dexcription of metal gives away the fact you don't understand it because it's much more complex than that, the bands that espouse that image/aesthetic/subject matter make up barely half of its population. It's more diverse than you seem to grasp.

as far as i can see, you simply don't "get" the genre at all
it's not a problem though, we cant enjoy everything can we

Prefer his viking era work personally but few black metal albums surpass Under the Sign.

and yet you refuse to elaborate this deeper meaning stop being a pretentious faggot

>devil trips
this attracted me, I don't like metal desu
convince me to like it

Now can you explain me what's the 'essence' of metal?

Start from the begining desu.

It's not a singular, unified meaning, that's the point. Bands that write in the metal genre embrace a wide pallet of different aesthetics, subject matter, moods and ideas, it's not all blood and guts and darkness, and the fact that you seem to think it is shows how simplistic and reductionist your view is of things you don't like. The thread that ties metal bands together is just stylistic origins in the same root bands and musical/compositional similarities. You're generalizing a massive, diverse population, that's what I'm getting at. A faggot? I very well may be, but pretentious? No, I'm being very stragithforward.

Please read my response at

GOD OF HEAVEN HERE MY CRIES OF ANGUISH
I'M
IN
PAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIN

this is the most pretentious shit I've read on metal
congrats!
is that you hunter hunt hendrix?

ITT: a whole new generation of metalheads gets trolled

Agree and amplify guys.

Riffs and blast beats.

No, you're pretentious as fuck.

No that's me being honest.

Metal isn't one singular ideology. It's a genre of music made by people, with several sub-styles. It's not all violence and darkness

How is that pretentious?

Back to your containment thread

Underrated trips btw

Fuck this troll, I'm out.

yeah yeah keep making shit up hipster. you always gotta be so different than the rest of us right

hip hop, indie pop, the list goes on and on

I also listen to swans tho

Good post

Aesthetically it's an art inspired by gothic mediums and witchcraft/satanic imagery born from the dark ages of christianity. Musically, it's Blues music on angel dust. Today its stemmed into many subgenres that branch off from the classical idea of Metal and have evolved their own styles. Music is an art and art is a lifeform, it changes and it grows. As for the "point" of it, its aggressive. Dofferent people need different ways of venting anger, for some that is headbanging. It's not to be edgy. Anybody who uses Metal to be hateful and get in peoples faces is not a metalhead. They are a poser.

And it just does not stop, people. It never ends. Always and forever, again and again. This reign will last a thousand years and more.

Long live /metal/.

>Bands that write in the metal genre embrace a wide pallet of different aesthetics, subject matter, moods and ideas

As in any other genre.
My solely point is plasmated on this picture. Four different bands, four different styles, sounds, aesthetics, subject matter, moods and ideas, as you said. But they all are surrounded by 'that'. Are you going to tell they all look different? They don't, and you know it.

>poser
Do I have to suposse you are a 'true metalhead'?
> it's an art inspired by gothic mediums and witchcraft/satanic imagery born from the dark ages of christianity.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm not in the same tune, are we all eleven again?

Im talking about how it got started you fucking braindead high schooler.

If you want the ideological basis of (at least) extreme underground metal, where the ethos is most crystalline and overt by virtue of its distance from mainstream norms and values, then it's in the mantra "only death is real" that constitutes the basis of this music, coined by Hellhammer in '83. Dwell on it and if you still don't understand, it's fine to not challenge yourself and be a vanilla, 'mature' music listener.

this is about conducive a question to discussion as asking about the 'essence' of electronic music that encapsulates the early musique concrète musicians to throwaway edm producers

these discourses, whether sincere or not, is unironically why dla was valuable as a metal institution

They...actually do look different. Not that the way they look has anything to do with the music, or that four examples in a genre with thousands of bands constitutes a finite example. Bullshit point and you know it.

I'd just like to jump in here, at the last minute, and point out that all of this is based on your personal opinion, and has no factual basis in reality as yet.

So essentially, all you've typed is poorly phrased nonsense.

>Cherry picking 4 band images that support your argument

Fuck off n00b metal is varied, just look at this guy. His name is ladybeard and he has a great death metal growl. Just go away.

Absolutely everything you poeple are saying to defend metal makes it looks worse.
Gothic mediums? Satanism?
>distance from mainstream norms and values
'Only death is real'

Looks like the kind of things a teenager would be interested in. Therefore, an inmature though, an inmature music genre.

I'm sorry if you don't want to see it that way. Everything around metal is made for children. And I don't mean childrens from 0 to 12 years old. I mean those who never accepted their roll as a person, living in a society with demands something productive out of them, and pose as long haired, black clothed, beasts. And in the case they don't wear black, don't have long hair, or any of the steriotype, they still try to look like they are out of what is imposed in our society. Like they want to be fourteen forever.

I just love how you're basing this on literally nothing. It's like you think just saying it is proof enough. Hilarious.

>look mom im winning an argument on Sup Forums

please can you stop

is this going to suck or what?

you're no better than this guy for actively wallowing in a similar ignorance

I'm sorry you're such a shithead with a self-fabricated maxim of what makes something childish or mature.

>look mom im losing an argument on Sup Forums
You can stop too

and yes, it is going to suck

>implying that people who make metal aren't also people who have jobs, lives, families, and spend 80% of their lives living normal existences and just use metal as a medium to express the aspects of themselves which they hide in their day-to-day lives as a form of catharsis/release

God you're a fucking idiot.

Is it necesary to insult? I mean, I bet it is for you, the kind of behaviour anyone would expect from a 'true metalhead' like you.

It's not based on nothing, it's a fact. You are a metalhead, you don't see society the same way I do.
Don't worry, eventually you will realize there's something better than some noisy, trashy, old 80's sound. Or maybe not, it really depends on how old you are right now, and how attached you are to that metalhead image.

EEEEQUUIIIIMANNNNTHOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN

>You are a metalhead, you don't see society the same way I do.

I work full time, pay taxes, have friends and family I see often, have a girlfriend who I treat sweetly and go out of my way for to make happy. I treat people kindly and give to those who need it when I can. In my spare time, I write metal as a catharsis and because I enjoy it, it feels good and it satisfies me.

Do we really see society differently?

But it is based on nothing. You're making assumptions and treated them as fact, without proving or quantifying them.

In fact, everything you've said directed toward me in that post is wrong.

Yes, there is. I have nothing to hide. I don't a catharsis to express. I don't live under a shadow.
And that's exactly everything about metal.

But can you prove that? Can you actually show that it's true?

No, you can't.

What's your favorite metal band?