James Ferraro is the best

>innovates in every genre he touches
>inspired yung lean, gtb and pretty much every new electronic and rap artist
>made vaporwave before daniel "dude philiph glass and arpeggios only lmao" lopatin and is still better than anything done after it
>doesn't rely on gimmicks just pure music
>doesn't sell out even though he could be the biggest producer in a whim

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCPNRBRfTQ8
soundcloud.com/user703918785/suki-girlz-5?in=user703918785/sets/suki-girlz
youtube.com/watch?v=SU3XIU8QiRU
youtube.com/watch?v=LuYbXXa59XE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>doesn't sell out even though he could be the biggest producer in a whim
mm not true he's unreliable. was in the studio with lean and travis scott but he was coked up half the time and the song never got released

It didn't because of lean's label copyright or perhaps you know more?

>doesn't sell out
Yeah he's content with scamming his fans with fake merchandise

got my tape already pleb

Congratulations this is copy pasta now.

is he black?

half

mm ferraro is all of those but he's also the most incoherent
is the most talented person in music atm. but OPN and dean meme blunt have made better projects overall

I see ferraro as a real life textbook on how to make creative music.

>he's also the most incoherent
Whats so incoherent about him? Everything is pretty straightforward.
>but OPN and dean meme blunt have made better projects overall
But thats not true, all their projects sound like some compilation of songs while his projects sound like a complete conceptual album.

Eccojams came out before FSV dumbass

make way

the point of many of ferraros projects is that they sound like a random collection of organized sounds. his most popular record is supposed to be a collection of ringtones ffs. dan lopatin's records do sound quite cohesive to me. it's very reaching to say that ferraro is anything but disorganized (not to say that he's particularly bad).

desu, ferraro's shtick is getting p old to me.

>Eccojams came out before FSV dumbass
>he thinks its fsv that's his vaporwave
Hello newfriend

what's his best record op?

Better than any Memearo.

>the point of many of ferraros projects is that they sound like a random collection of organized sounds
That's not the point, he has a really obvious concept behind every single project. It might sound like a "random collection of organized sounds" if you listen to him for the first time but otherwise its not.
>dan lopatin's records do sound quite cohesive to me
To you maybe but to me they sound like just like songs without any meaning to them other than fabricate pointless concepts afterwards that don't even match the music.
There is no best all of them are amazing. You just can compare for example something from k2 to iasia because they are just completely different.
This is one of them most bland things I ever heard, its almost comical how stereotypical everything in this album is.

>really obvious concept behind every single project

i figured you'd say something like this. i get that his records have a "point". the point of a lot of hypnagogic/vaporwave projects (to me) seems to be more about their concept than their individual parts. being consistent in producing music within the parameters of your concept doesn't necessarily equate cohesion (imho).

the fact that lopatin's music "misses" with you is your problem, not his.

>Whats so incoherent about him?
Everything the beats on bodyguard went nowhere
God of london was him trying to be dean blunt but he forget to turn up his mic.
His concepts make no sense that you probably need to be james ferraro to understand them.
My fav projects from him are last american hero,lapd,nyc,hell,sushi,fsv,suki girls and bodyguard

I can understand redeemer was a breakup album that blamed both parties
I can understand GOD was opn making his own version of edm. but ferraro's stuff goes absolutely nowhere and nobody has yet explained his goal.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCPNRBRfTQ8

source?

he didn't make vaporwave before OPN

>to me
Well thats the problem then. To me they sound really straightforward but anyway if you spent like few minutes to read some of his interviews you will understand it anyway.
>the fact that lopatin's music "misses" with you is your problem, not his.
It is his because he can't really explain his motives behind the music while being this fucking much pretentious. And like I said already his albums have no structure.
>Everything the beats on bodyguard went nowhere
Literally his best and most influential digital album and the concept by itself is even more straightforward its just simulacra.
>God of london was him trying to be dean blunt but he forget to turn up his mic.
Have you even listened to the ep? It sounds nothing like blunt and the concept is literally straight in the lyrics and the album name.
>His concepts make no sense that you probably need to be james ferraro to understand them.
Like I said already if you don't understand something he has answered your questions already but I don't understand how you dont get it in the first place its really not that complex.
>nowhere and nobody has yet explained his goal
Just read his 3am interivew and you will understand the concepts behind all of his digital music.
But he did not my fault you have not listened to anything other than fsv

ferraro started making vaporwave in 2011 nothing before that is vaporwave it's either ambient / drone / noise / hypnagogic pop so shut the fuck up idiot.

>Literally his best and most influential digital album and the concept by itself is even more straightforward its just simulacra.
no thats suki girls soundcloud.com/user703918785/suki-girlz-5?in=user703918785/sets/suki-girlz

You obviously haven't heard anything lo-fi by him, its quite sad t b h.

go to bed marcel

dean blunt is the superior

Nah it's mediocre compared to bodyguard
Mercel is a faggot and turbopleb, his taste is so bad that I don't even understand how he likes ferraro.

dean blunt is so inferior he doesn't even deserve to be named in a thread about Ferraro. Literally 0 creativity probably 100% of his stuff is sampled and yet sucks dick so hard, even the fucking lyrics are not his how more pathetic can he get

nah its better
anyway time to go Just lost respect for ferraro
Yeah, for sure…Foucault is my favorite philosopher.

how can such a genius like shitty foucault

dean blunt sampled ur mum last night m6

how can u say that when ferraro made 2 albums with dean
lmao

>caring about artists personality
what even. its obvious that he is full of himself but that doesn't make his music bad.

but he is gay
because I don't care what a artist did or thinks, I just care about their music.

>but he is gay
????????

>ferraro made 2 albums with dean
>I just care about their music

being this retarded

>he doesn't know
you would think blunderfans would know more
And how does that make dean good you mongoloid? Just because he did albums with ferraro it means nothing.

m8 Im gonna need something to believe these gay claims

black vampires matter

>I got discovered when I was really young
what did he meant by that who was he discovered by?

bump

>>made vaporwave before daniel "dude philiph glass and arpeggios only lmao" lopatin and is still better than anything done after it
but he hates vaporwave and always whines he lost friends over it
even in his recent bandcamp interview he whines about being known for vaporwave

>implying this gay boy isn't better

He might hate it but doesn't mean some of his isn't though. And he lost friends because of going digital not because of being vaporwave.
>1 trick pony
>even 1% as good as ferraro

>Arca
>1 trick pony
>implying Ferraro has any good albums beside Far Side Virtual

>>implying Ferraro has any good albums beside Far Side Virtual
Take your pills and yes arca never evolved.

>Arca never evolved
that doesn't mean his music isn't good

get his dick out of ur mouth u fucking slobk

Where did I said its bad? All I said is that he can't even be compared with Ferraro and even less better.

Yeah I should of made another trap/young thug thread thread aiiiiight

this probably his only 2 bangers, everything else is try hard "experimental / avant-garde" gimmick.

youtube.com/watch?v=SU3XIU8QiRU

youtube.com/watch?v=LuYbXXa59XE

>using bangers unironically

lel how is anything unironic when it comes to ferraro? try again.

>GOD
>going anywhere

nah, that album was totally incoherent, absolute letdown compared to R+7.

wait, are you referring to Far Side Virtual when you say that he invented vaporwave, or does he have some stuff I haven't heard from 2010 or before?

chuck person's eccojams was the first vaporwave release if we take "chopped and screwed 80s/90s music" as our definition of vaporwave

Obviously not fsv, there are a few albums that have 80s sample and go beyond just chopped and screwed.