ok, by russian king

No

anna näiden ratkaista itse

yes

ARE
WHERE
HELLO

OK, how do you reach this conclusion?

>all civilizations originate can trace their origin back to the great finnish empire

Historical facts. Aren't they taught in your school? How it was a Finn who made the decision between independence and remaining as a colony?

Finland has still been Swedish for more time than it has been Finnish

It was formed a Swede actually. Finland wasn't a thing until 200 years ago.

Im pretty sure Chinese abd Egyptian empires were founded by someone else

by*

More like a swedish colony.

>actually believing this

You finns sure are assmad about the fact that your country was just the eastern part of Sweden for more than 600 years.

splürts splörts

Oh yes, I remember now. Our first president, Jyri Washinen.

youtube.com/watch?v=BNbct_a5Mkg

No, we were a colony. There's a reason why we had our own ethnic designation.

Rurik was a Finn, as proven by genetics.

>several ethnics can't exist in one country

You were swedes for 600 years, get over it Pekka.

Yet we got discriminated and had our houses burnt for our supposed Swedishness. Really makes you think.

Or the Koreans
The hyperwar decimated everyone else

John Morton (Marttinen)

So was every peasant. We have had this discussion before and you get btfo everytime. You were swedes for 600 years. No assmadness from your part will change that.

>this shitshow again

I admire your persistence, but don't you have anything better to do with your lives?

>So was every peasant.
Liar. In what instance did a Swede get his house burnt down for reading a book in Swedish or speaking his mother tongue?

So, the others who had not been in favor of the motion abstained anyway when it came to the vote.

But you're right. A Finn's name is on the Declaration of Independence.

Haven't swedish nationalism been outlawed already? You sound rather raycist for a swede.

>Scandi WEWUZ
they may not lose the irony but they sure lose the detachment
it's annoying enough

Not when it's midnight plus it so easy to make you finns mad.

Stay mad eastern Swedes.

Yeah, the ultranationalist Swedes are ratjer bothersome.

Again dodging my point, because you can't refute it in any way.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

Your point has been proven wrong many times before. Screaming it over and over again in an echo won't change that.

You were swedes for 600 years. You being so easily made assmad just makes it more fun to """"argue""""

What are you trying tell with that image? It gets posted always.

No it hasn't been. Again, in what instance did a Swede get his house burnt down for reading a book in Swedish or refusing to unlearn his mother tongue?

Goodnight my fellow eastern swedes :3

>abandons the thread upon getting driven into a corner
top lel, true swedish numale mentality

That literally has nothing to do with being a colony. It's literally just people in you country being treated differently. This is seen in literally every country.

I got work tomorrow and my work of making you very obviously mad is done.

Stop posting this dumb image:
There is a massive amount of genetic variance in that orange area. Unless you're a Lapp you farmed, and farming populations only lived in areas where it's viable.

>That literally has nothing to do with being a colony
Yes it does, just like the United States was a colony despite said area only having been Amerindian tribes pre-colonization.
>It's literally just people in you country being treated differently
By Swedes for our ethnicity and language, which would effectively render us non-Swedish.

>There is a massive amount of genetic variance in that orange area.
How is that relevant you utter fucking moron? They're still all Finnic tribes.

>things that never happened

Baltic Finns never lived in such a wide area. Read some basic history before you spew nonsense.

Genetics and archeology attest to the contrary.
>During the reign of Christina, Queen of Sweden, a proclamation of 1646 called for the burning of houses of all those Finns who did not want to learn Swedish in the area that was later to be called Sweden Proper, west of the Gulf of Bothnia. Reading books written in Finnish led in some cases to imprisonment still in the 18th century.[2]
>During the previous two centuries, various laws and regulations had been passed to speed up the "Swedification" process to the Forest Finns, including total banning of the use of Finnish language.
Now why would it be necessary to Swedicize "East Swedes"? Hmm?

Gotta love these threads :^)

Souce on the aforementioned genetics?

I'm enjoying the show, that's for sure.

paabo.ca/uirala/FinnoUgricbkgd.html

>russian king

Notice how it was only in the majority-Swedish areas and never in the Eastlands where Finns belonged? The ones who moved to Svealand to settle had to learn Swedish because government officials and the rest of the population couldn't be expected to learn a minority language, and segregated immigrant minorities in your midst who don't even speak your language is never a good thing.

Is this how Finns do nationalism? It's cute

Yeah, Sup Forums projects reality 100%.

Make America Finnish again

Nice thread, I love it. Especially when Swedes respond and genuinely think we're serious

I brought that up to make a point, which was that we never were on equal footing with Swedes and weren't considered Swedish.
>Notice how it was only in the majority Swedish areas
>majority Swedish areas
I rest my case.

>says he after he's written a dozen angry text wall responses to a troll thread

I'll just leave this here, don't mind me

Why on earth should that fantasy website be taken seriously? And why would anybody bother buying into it over actual scientific publications?

Pääbo is very revered in academic circles.

paabo.ca/profile.html

That wasn't me. There are lots of swedes on Sup Forums, yknow.

It's good banter.

Is dis da KANG??? Shiieeeet

>There are lots of swedes on Sup Forums, yknow.
Literally never in other threads than your general.

We sometimes venture outside of our general on ranging missions, then we get insulted based on some made-up articles or blogs and realise other people can't have a discussion because our flag triggers their autism so bad. What can you do.

Been missing the kang to be quite desu with you senpai

>revered
Yeah, you mean Svante Pääbo? Because this other Pääbo can't come up with a single meaningful study that was released lately to back up anything he's saying.

Finnish history is not a matter of opinion. You are NOT allowed to have "your" opinion. Eventually it will come down to facts when they sequence ancient DNA.

Don't be surprised if Levänluhta from 500AD Ostrobothnia turn out to be more like Samis than Finns.

We get our fair share of shit too but the thing is you need to stop caring. Don't be so uptight, life isn't that serious

is 4chins your life?

>Finnish history is not a matter of opinion
You're talking about prehistory, I presume?
>Yeah, you mean Svante Pääbo
Nope.
>can't come up with a single meaningful study that was released lately to back up anything he's saying
He cites the work of numerous archeologists, historians and geneticists throughout his Uirala project. I urge you to actually read it before you start criticizing.

The path of the kang is that of the righteous and the doom of the wicked

N-no

Finland is rightful Swedish clay.

Fuck you Hungayry

>we never were on equal footing with Swedes
Of course you were. The average Joe at least. The king was of course Swedish, and Finns may have been underrepresented in the nobility and the intelligentsia, but that's to be expected as the Finnish parts were more rural and the land less fertile.

>and weren't considered Swedish
Finns were full Swedish citizens. You can't really ask for more than that. What were we supposed to do, wave a magic wand around and change your ethnicity?

Finnish peasants were freer than swedish peasants, afaik. They had a far lower number of people (relatively speaking) living in serf-like conditions.

Normal finns might have had it rough, often because of the king and the nobility, but the normal swedes did not have a better time by far.

Genetics is math. If 2+2 is 4, then it is. Once we have ancient DNA from Finland (hard to come by due to the acidic soil) and Karelia (where it isn't so acidic), we can put an end to the issue.
>He cites
He does not cite any ancient sample sequenced recently. His credibility is zero.

What, you think you can erase over 600 years of history, just because it makes you uncomfortable?

>Of course you were. The average Joe at least.
No, we weren't. Once more: in what instance did a Swedish peasant get his house burnt down for reading a book in Swedish or refusing to unlearn his mother tongue?
>Finns may have been underrepresented in the nobility and the intelligentsia, but that's to be expected as the Finnish parts were more rural and the land less fertile
That's your reasoning? Toppest of keks
>What were we supposed to do, wave a magic wand around and change your ethnicity
No, but it is really fucking insulting to have the nerve to claim that we were on equal footing with ethnic Swedes when we weren't. Just fuck off.

Some Russian influences still linger in Finland. Excessive historical revisionism is one of them.

>in what instance did a Swedish peasant get his house burnt down for reading a book in Swedish or refusing to unlearn his mother tongue?
In what instance did a Finnish peasant get his house burnt down for reading a book in Swedish or refusing to unlearn his mother tongue?

Finnish peasants did get their houses burnt down in multiple instances for reading a book in Finnish and refusing to unlearn their mother tongue.

Good thread, Sweden.

I do sympathize with Finns, they are distant relatives of us after all, but I can't stand the blatant falsification of history.

That would make Russians more bro-tier than Swedes ever were, if they in your fantasy world were behind the Fennoman movement and everything anti-Swedish.
No. What I can do, however, is paint Sweden's imperialist era in a bad light.

In what way has history been falsified ITT? Only Swedes unironically think they were some humanitarian empire who dindu nuffin

That guy is a blatant Finnish WE WUZZER (like the niggers are to Egyptian pyramids). Don't bother arguing with him.

>shit, it's still going on

No

Painu Ruotsiin, senkin dosiili itsevihaaja.

>y-you uncle tom!
Textbook WE WUZ.

kts.

>Finnish peasants did get their houses burnt down in multiple instances for reading a book in Finnish
That's not what I asked, now was it?

>and refusing to unlearn their mother tongue
That's bullshit and you know it.

I consider the fabrication of history just as self-hating, because it makes us look stupid.

>That's not what I asked, now was it?
The difference is that Swedish peasants could read books in their mother tongue, Finnish ones couldn't without having their houses burnt down.
>That's bullshit and you know it.
Nope, the fact that you couldn't read books in Finnish without punishment encouraged Finns to forget their language competely (about a fifth did). Also, in Finland you became "an outlaw in the eyes of all Swedes" should you refuse to go to church and learn Swedish.

If you read this your dog will die in it's sleep tonight unless you reply.